• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I am missing some callouts on my EATPM. the few I know for sure are:
Light
Organ
Thanks boys
I replaced the sound board with new ROMs. I reburned the ROMs on the MPU. Still missing the callouts.

Could use some help pinsiders. Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

I think some other random music is missing too, besides the call outs. Since the Sound board is new as are all reburned ROMs, the guestion would be are there chips on the mpu that make the call outs and music happen? Maybe something with them?

#3 5 years ago

I never know which sounds come from the sound board versus the MPU board. I was missing some call outs and some music, but only after the game warmed up for a few hours. Poking at the mpu chip on the sound board would get it going again. So a re-seated that chip and so far so good.

#4 5 years ago

I think Elvira call outs come from MPU, and those all work, but does the MPU "control" other sounds and callouts that come from the sound board?

#5 5 years ago

Just tried reseating chips on the MPU and no joy. Thanks for the input. Worth a try.

#6 5 years ago

Pinwiki has a section on sound issues, have you used that to help troubleshoot?

#7 5 years ago

Yeah, very useful but did not find what I needed.

#8 5 years ago

Are you saying you put in a new sound board? If so, are you sure it's the correct revision? I'm missing some calloutd on my Cyclone, but I know it's because I have a slightly incorrect board in there. There is a section of the board that isn't populated. My correct board is out for repair, so hopefully will have all the sounds back soon.

#9 5 years ago

I was missing the callouts and sounds before the change and yes I am sure.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from DBCpins:

I was missing the callouts and sounds before the change and yes I am sure.

That's probably good, at least you don't have to try to find another sound board. Somebody else had a similar issue very recently. Unfortunately I forget the machine and solution. I'll see if I can find it.

#11 5 years ago

Thanks!

#13 5 years ago

Okay, Cudaman was kind enough to bring over his Whirlwind sound board and MPU to test my sound issue. We were able to get all sound back when we used my sound board and his MPU with my ROMs.

Can someone tell me which chips on the MPU control the sound? U21 and U22 work fine. Wonder if there is another chip or two that I should replace.

1 month later
#14 5 years ago

Resolution to my missing sounds was on the MPU. There was an issue with U21 and a checksum error. Issues resolved and now 100% working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 70.00
$ 45.95
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eatpm-missing-callouts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.