• 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yotaxi125
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

family-guy-tossing.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ExitWound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 10 years ago

I've just started to watch the GRC videos and think they're an incredible resource for us hobbyists. However, the negative advertising is truly over the top and is starting to affect how I view what I'm watching and whether or not I'd ever take my business there.

GRC does an incredible job detailing the machines they service and I applaud them for their hard work. Petty bickering between businesses does nothing to help either one. Just continue to show off the level of service you provide and the business will follow. Nothing hurts more in this age than word of mouth, especially on the internet.

Now go play some pinball.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from gameroomguru:

Thank you for watching, sincerely. The "mudslinging" is mostly for entertainment purposes. Lots of folks don't "like" it but the masses tune in to hear it & get involved on one side or the other. Trust that TNT & the like are thankful to receive mud. It makes them relevant. It sends them traffic. When TNT started the "feud," we were thankful. [...]The entertainment portion of what we're doing? Stay tuned & the purpose of that will be revealed soon enough!

I think an underdog story is one of the best kind! Putting the bullies in their place is something I can always get behind, but I prefer clever dealings rather than just mudslinging. It can be dangerous to a business if you go too far with it.

Right now I'm watching Ray tinker with drop targets (#13, having watched them all in order so far), explaining how to properly create the loops on springs. Fascinating stuff! Even though these videos probably won't apply to me too much, they show the amount of detail to which he puts into his work. I've encountered people like this but they're far and few between anymore. The ultimate dollar rules everything and usually ruins quality in the process.

Just to emphasize, the quality of work should do the talking! Thanks for the videos and how-to's. I'm not far from GRC. If I'm ever in the area, I'll stop in. Which hardware store should I be looking for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 45.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 18.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
$ 49.99
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ExitWound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eatpm-for-the-low-price-of-4249600?tu=ExitWound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.