Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yotaxi125
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

family-guy-tossing.gif

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

This guy is fishing big time! Try and watch the video, once he starts talking you will fall a sleep.

ebay.com link » Elvira And The Party Monsters Pinball Game Custom By Grc Built New Display

#2 4 years ago

I'm looking for a nice EATPM, but not in his price range!

#3 4 years ago

Is this being sold by one of the guys at GRC or is it some random douch bag that bought it from GRC and is now trying to rob someone?

#4 4 years ago

Wow, someone thinks Elviras's bewbies are worth a lot....."keep it classy San Diego"

#5 4 years ago

Is this in response to that ad? Is this now the new going rate for this machine? I mean its on eBay so it must be right.

If that's the case I may sell mine but ill need another 6k. Why not make it an even 50k.

ebay.com link » Elvira And The Party Monsters Pinball Game By Bally Built New Led Display

#6 4 years ago

I'll sell mine for 10K! Slight fixer-upper opportunity....

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I'll sell mine for 10K! Slight fixer-upper opportunity....

Damn it I've already been underbid. Back to reality I guess.

#8 4 years ago

I wonder what that guy has been smoking?

I guess he's charging that price to support his habit.

#9 4 years ago

It looks like it is a joke in response to Automateds ad for 42,495. I am thinking automated had fat fingers and meant to type 2,495 and accidentally added a 4 in front? Or maybe 4,495 and accidentally added a 2?

#10 4 years ago

it says in huge blue letters right at the top that it's a joke posting in response to Automated's $42495 listing.

#11 4 years ago

For the intellectually challenged, the purpose of our ad was:

1) Point out Automated's 1-photo, ridiculous ad. Error or not, they are "TNT North." Point expressed in a nice, non-intellectually challenged response through eBay mail.

"You guys are the real deal and customers get what they pay for from GRC. F**k automated. I am sick and tired of them sucking the market dry and hoarding every last pin for 10x markup after a Windex wipe of the pf glass. Hope the gravy train dries up!" (Purpose 1 fulfilled.)

2) Provide a fresh showcase of our workmanship to eBay trolls (a different group in total than Pinsiders.) Overnight figures 249 views, 8 watchers. (Purpose 2 fulfilled.)

3) Drive traffic to our YouTube channel. Looks like "Ibuypinballs" watched, even if he found it boring. Several unsolicited "donations" received this week from folks who think our videos have value, thank you. (Purpose 3 fulfilled.)

4) Free press. The eBay ad cost nothing beyond 5 minutes of posting work. Already had the photos. Already had the video. Already have a listing template. Easiest thing we've produced, maybe ever. Now the usual Pinside suspects are hollering "GRC this, GRC that" as usual. Thanks so much for the free advertising fellas! Please, for the sake of everything that is "pinball," keep that up! (Purpose 4 fulfilled.)

Otherwise, happy 2014 to everybody. Tamoore included. (What a putz.)

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from gameroomguru:

Tamoore included. (What a putz.)

Now, this is no way to start off the new year, is it? A personal attack?

Reported...

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It would cost 5k just to undo all the tasteless (but well executed) crap they did to it.

#14 4 years ago

Hey.. It is tasteless - but you did a GREAT job on it! Perfect work!

#15 4 years ago

I've just started to watch the GRC videos and think they're an incredible resource for us hobbyists. However, the negative advertising is truly over the top and is starting to affect how I view what I'm watching and whether or not I'd ever take my business there.

GRC does an incredible job detailing the machines they service and I applaud them for their hard work. Petty bickering between businesses does nothing to help either one. Just continue to show off the level of service you provide and the business will follow. Nothing hurts more in this age than word of mouth, especially on the internet.

Now go play some pinball.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Hey.. It is tasteless - but you did a GREAT job on it! Perfect work!

"Tasteless" in your opinion. Sure. Fine. Many will agree but not all. "Crap" was insulting, again. The "Putz" response was, in MY opinion, warranted. Otherwise, still happy 2014 to you & thanks for the bump.

#17 4 years ago

And 2014 is off and running.

#18 4 years ago

I wonder what the polk sub that he got for $80.00 under it will sell for... probably $8000.00.

NM, I see what you did there...

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Now, this is no way to start off the new year, is it? A personal attack?
Reported...

i will second the "PUTZ" comment. happy new year and report me too.

#20 4 years ago

This is no way to start a happier 2014.

And for the record, I don't report anyone.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from ranchdrsn:

I wonder what the polk sub that he got for $80.00 under it will sell for... probably $8000.00.

lets get another report on me. you sir, are a troll

#22 4 years ago

You certainly seem like an unhappy man, ebjimmyg. Did you not get what you wanted for Christmas this year, or are you feeling hung over from an over exuberant celebration last night?

I hope 2014 treats you well!

#23 4 years ago

Geeze! Rough crowd this first day of a new year.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from ebjimmyg:

lets get another report on me. you sir, are a troll

Oh my god, thank you!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from ExitWound:

I've just started to watch the GRC videos and think they're an incredible resource for us hobbyists. However, the negative advertising is truly over the top and is starting to affect how I view what I'm watching and whether or not I'd ever take my business there.

Thank you for watching, sincerely. The "mudslinging" is mostly for entertainment purposes. Lots of folks don't "like" it but the masses tune in to hear it & get involved on one side or the other. Trust that TNT & the like are thankful to receive mud. It makes them relevant. It sends them traffic. When TNT started the "feud," we were thankful. The local "big man on campus" was picking on little "back wall of the hardware store" us? Why did they bother? Because we've been (behind the scenes) taking away their best ($$$) customers. They endorsed our validity with the shots. Since then, the back & forth has doubled their subscribers. Lest we not forget that TNT keeps trying to be in the entertainment business. What ever happened to their reality show? We don't care frankly, but be sure we're helping them with it.

As for your business & that of the masses... Sure, we'll appreciate you as a customer, or subscriber, or whatever. As stated by the eBay message provider - "You guys are the real deal and customers get what they pay for from GRC." This is established & we're infinitely overbooked with work. 95% of it is on the service end. Retail sales will always be 95% irrelevant to us because of this & because it simply isn't profitable. The entertainment portion of what we're doing? Stay tuned & the purpose of that will be revealed soon enough!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from ExitWound:

I LOVE ray's tech tips, I don't like how gruff the owner comes off, but I understand his frustration. He has to fix all the issues that TNT doesn't fix. Also, TNT deserves every negative comment in the world, as they are known for throwing machines off a roof.

There was already a thread about this machine:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-boobie-monsters-one-of-a-kind-restoration-featured-beware-boobs

Can't believe he's asking $42k. I mean it was a lot of work, it is one of a kind, but unless he worked 8 hours a day for 9 months, I don't see how this price is justified?

#27 4 years ago

100k by Xmas

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Can't believe he's asking $42k. I mean it was a lot of work, it is one of a kind, but unless he worked 8 hours a day for 9 months, I don't see how this price is justified?

Toyotaboy! We know you! Jim's EatPM is not for sale. The listing is a publicity stunt, unless of course somebody buys it at that price, in which case, it is for sale! Also, "Mike" is not the "owner." Ray is. Mike is merely an attention hog? Ray's personal PR guy. He should be fired!

#29 4 years ago

who is "ben heck"?

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

This guy is fishing big time! Try and watch the video, once he starts talking you will fall a sleep.
ebay.com link » Elvira And The Party Monsters Pinball Game Custom By Grc Built New Display

100% just to get more attention. They know they'll never get $42k for it, but they will get a shit ton of people yapping about it and their business, which is what we're doing right now sadly. With that said, I'm stepping away from this thread. I highly encourage others to do that same. I'm just contributing to their desperate attempt to get more attention, giving them exactly what they want. Anyone else replying to this thread will be doing the same.

Gameroomguru will just keep bumping this thread as long as he can because they are feeding on the attention. Sad. It's working isn't it GRG? Just liked you planned. Congratulations.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it says in huge blue letters right at the top that it's a joke posting in response to Automated's $42495 listing.

Where's the joke disclaimer on the $6500 Breakshot and Strange Science?

#32 4 years ago

family-guy-tossing.gif

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

I'm just contributing to their desperate attempt to get more attention, giving them exactly what they want.

Yep. Thanks. Who started this tread anyways???

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

100% just to get more attention. They know they'll never get $42k for it, but they will get a shit ton of people yapping about it and their business, which is what we're doing right now sadly. With that said, I'm stepping away from this thread. I highly encourage others to do that same. I'm just contributing to their desperate attempt to get more attention, giving them exactly what they want. Anyone else replying to this thread will be doing the same. Peace out.

Why wouldn't you want to give attention to people who do some of the best work I've ever seen, share tons of technical knowledge for free, and shine light on the shady business practices that everyone should be aware of?

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Where's the joke disclaimer on the $6500 Breakshot and Strange Science?

And Roller Disco. You missed one. Parts & labor + cores on what you see are "high-end restorations." Get over it.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from biggestboss:

Why wouldn't you want to give attention to people who do some of the best work I've ever seen, share tons of technical knowledge for free, and shine light on the shady business practices that everyone should be aware of?

West Chester? Who are you?!? You're going to get accused of being one of us... Are you?!?

#37 4 years ago

LOL. I'm not "one of you," but I was converted to major supporter last week when I stopped in and you immediately dropped what you were working on to spend at least 30 minutes digging through the shop for a little metal rail guide clip I needed.

(Side Note: One of the first things I told him was that I couldn't actually afford to buy any of his games, but he was happy to help me out anyway.)

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from biggestboss:

LOL. I'm not "one of you,"

You are now, Sean! Thanks for your endorsement. Still need flipper rubbers? Might be visiting Jim's later today.

#39 4 years ago

I picked one up at an estate auction a while back for $770. Was glad I didn't pay any more than that because it sure got old fast. Sold on ebay for $2100 to help fund AC/DC LE. One of the best buy low,sell high stories I've got,but I've got better ones

#41 4 years ago

Mike you guys are a hoot. Keep-em commin. Best of luck in 2014.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mike you guys are a hoot. Keep-em commin. Best of luck in 2014.

Pauley! You ain't seen nuttin yet. We're swinging for the fences in 2014. Major changes in the works to be applied in about a month. Stay tuned!

#43 4 years ago

Thank you for watching, sincerely. The "mudslinging" is mostly for entertainment purposes. Lots of folks don't "like" it but the masses tune in to hear it & get involved on one side or the other. Trust that TNT & the like are thankful to receive mud. It makes them relevant. It sends them traffic. When TNT started the "feud," we were thankful. [...]The entertainment portion of what we're doing? Stay tuned & the purpose of that will be revealed soon enough!

I think an underdog story is one of the best kind! Putting the bullies in their place is something I can always get behind, but I prefer clever dealings rather than just mudslinging. It can be dangerous to a business if you go too far with it.

Right now I'm watching Ray tinker with drop targets (#13, having watched them all in order so far), explaining how to properly create the loops on springs. Fascinating stuff! Even though these videos probably won't apply to me too much, they show the amount of detail to which he puts into his work. I've encountered people like this but they're far and few between anymore. The ultimate dollar rules everything and usually ruins quality in the process.

Just to emphasize, the quality of work should do the talking! Thanks for the videos and how-to's. I'm not far from GRC. If I'm ever in the area, I'll stop in. Which hardware store should I be looking for?

#44 4 years ago

EATPM vs just calling the game Elvira? Really?

*Goes back to TN Thread again*

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

Gameroomguru will just keep bumping this thread as long as he can because they are feeding on the attention. Sad. It's working isn't it GRG? Just liked you planned. Congratulations.

1700 YouTube subscribers! Thank you everybody!

#46 4 years ago

I had a blast watching these guys video on BBB. One guy was amazing and pretty much beat the game and the other guy sucked and drained every ball instantly Hilarious, it was fun to watch.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I had a blast watching these guys video on BBB. One guy was amazing and pretty much beat the game and the other guy sucked and drained every ball instantly Hilarious, it was fun to watch.

Haha! Jimmy sucked it up! Glad you enjoyed. Last night we filmed his Addams & something odd happened. We both Toured the Mansion in the battle! Will be up this coming Sunday. In the meantime, this past Sunday's feature - kicked his butt pretty bad on Checkpoint:

#48 4 years ago

Haha! Jimmy sucked it up! Glad you enjoyed. Last night we filmed his Addams & something odd happened. We both Toured the Mansion in the battle! Will be up this coming Sunday. In the meantime, this past Sunday's feature - kicked his butt pretty bad on Checkpoint:
» YouTube video

I just watched the video, I thought T2 was the first pin with a DMD?

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I thought T2 was the first pin with a DMD?

According to Mr.Pin guide, Checkpoint beat T2 to production by 4 months. Can you imagine the background stories here? Race to DMD's.

#50 4 years ago

According to Mr.Pin guide, Checkpoint beat T2 to production by 4 months

Plus checkpoint has the thin DMD, just like Hook and DE batman that came out later. T2 is the first standard sized DMD:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2524

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside