7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gdogfunk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdogfunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello,

I've got my EATPM torn apart and putting it back together a parts arrive. I had taken off the drop target assembly (snipped the coil wires) and did a thorough cleaning with the old targets and the mechanism works much better. When I got the game last week, the drop targets were in bad shape. 2 would sloooooowly drop and the third wouldn't budge. I ordered new targets and installed them last night and the mechanism works quite well now. I put it back in the game and when I turn it on, the targets do not pop up. I manually reset them and hit each target and the game recognizes each target dropping as it flashes the bulb and makes noise and scores, but once all three are down, they do not pop back up. Is that a symptom of a bad opto board? If not, what else might I look for? Could the coil be bad? Doesn't look burnt and I checked my connections and the solder joint looks good.

Thanks!

Ryan

1 week later
#3 7 years ago

Well it turns out the coil was showing no resistance and had already been replaced at some point. I popped a new one in and I'm good to go!

#5 7 years ago

Well, now I'm having an issue with several flashers and the knocker not working. Looking at the solenoid table, the following are not functioning:

01C jets/bats
07A knocker

09 Elvira flasher
10 insert gi
11 play field gi
13 right side/ grave yard flashers
15 B.board L side/ dead head flashers
16 boogie monsters flashers

It shows the connector name in the table as 1P12-1 through -9, but I don't know which j connector I should look for. Is there a fuse that controls these? I'm not sure what 10 and 11 are supposed to do in test mode. 9-16 seems to be in the same connector, but 12 and 14 work. Or at least I can see the a/c relay clicking in test mode. I'm thinking it may just be a connector that needs reseated, but not sure on 01 and 07.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdogfunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eatpm-drop-targets-not-resetting?tu=gdogfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.