100_1763.jpg
100_1762.jpg
100_1761.jpg
100_1758.jpg
1-hundred-dollar-bill.gif
CFTBL_pf.jpg
CFTBL_pf.jpg
CFTBL,.jpg
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Found a EATPM for $500. My friend who likes playing my pins found saw a pin in a garage, and stopped to look. The owner said he'd sell it for $500, but didn't know if it still worked. My friend said the PF and BG looked good, and game appeared to be complete. I assume it is worth it even with battery damage, which I'm expecting to find, as the owner didn't seeem to know much about pins, My pin repair skills are limited to Williams. Is EATPM Bally, or Bally/Williams?

#2 10 years ago

Bally. Did you get it yet? Hurry.

#3 10 years ago

Wait ing for the owner to call back...No hurry, as it's not publicly advertised.

#4 10 years ago

Elvira & Co. first joined the fun in October of '89. It was made under the Midway name, so Bally/Williams I guess. Best of luck.

#5 10 years ago

Boards and parts available though, right?

#6 10 years ago

Yup. It's a system 11 game. Your specialty. Grab this as fast as you can.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

Wait ing for the owner to call back...No hurry, as it's not publicly advertised.

It does not about the advertising or not, its about someone telling the person they should not sell it for $500. This happens often. People have a beat up game that needs lots of work, someone tells them they should look it up on the internet, the next thing you know the price is $3,000 and the pin sits until someone convinces them its worth $1,000.

#8 10 years ago

Russ is right Scott, Go get that game. Should be a good one that would fit with your collection!

#9 10 years ago

save it from the garage sale frenzy, get it yesterday..

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

save it from the garage sale frenzy, get it yesterday..

Indeed. Everyone has a smart phone and many are looking for things to flip, it does not matter what it is and how heavy.

#11 10 years ago

I wish I could stumble upon finds like that! For sure get it.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

I wish I could stumble upon finds like that! For sure get it.

Agreed, almost makes me wanna start going around to garage sales..almost.

#13 10 years ago

Do not post a picture with a geo tag, it will be gone.

#14 10 years ago

That is great...as stated...GO GET IT!

#15 10 years ago

you should already have it in YOUR garage... $500 is a no brainer.
I played it for the first time last week - fun pin.
Good luck

#16 10 years ago

Yes, start with that...then go right to scared stiff...

#17 10 years ago

Finally got to talk directly to the owner, and he says the pin plays great, so I am going tomorrow night to get it.....BUT I couldn't help myself (darn morals)...I told him if the pin is as good as he says, it's worth more than he was asking, and I would give hin a few hundred more. So it might be $700 -$800. Still a good price.

#18 10 years ago

Congrats!

#19 10 years ago

He'll probably look up what it's really worth on eBay and your 7-800 won't be good enough.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

I told him if the pin is as good as he says, it's worth more than he was asking, and I would give hin a few hundred more.

I like that move, it says a lot about your character. I hope it turns out well.

#21 10 years ago

That was a nice gesture. However, you probably would have been better off just paying him extra after you saw it. Unfortunately, sometimes when you are a nice guy people do start to think "hey, I might have something good here" and then your good gesture offering $700-$800 becomes when you get there "hey, anyway you can make it $1,200"....human nature is a funny thing so you can still be a great guy but sometimes it is better to do it right there so you can give him the $80 and LOAD IT RIGHT UP....he thanks you a million times and you feel good and burn some rubber and take her home !!!

Hopefully, the person is as nice as you and doesn't try to raise the price (as I speak he is looking on EBAY, Boston Pinball Repair and buying the PINBALL PRICING GUIDE and scanning Mr. Pinball Classifieds). Keep us posted.

#22 10 years ago

I meant give him the $800...damn, for $80 you would have really the steal of the year.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

You are correct, however I do not think paying the $500 the seller is aking for is somehow immoral.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

UT I couldn't help myself (darn morals)...I told him if the pin is as good as he says, it's worth more than he was asking, and I would give hin a few hundred more. So it might be $700 -$800..

Who says karma isn't a pinball term?

#25 10 years ago

make sure to get pics when u get it!!!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

Thanks I appreciate that. I agree that I should have waited to tell him the price was too low until I was ready to pay, and then throw him a few extra hundred depending on condition.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

Thanks I appreciate that. I agree that I should have waited to tell him the price was too low until I was ready to pay, and then throw him a few extra hundred depending on condition.

comendable. however, i never plan to pay that forward ;-P

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

You're fine, you did the right thing. About a month ago, I picked up a Phantom of the Opera and the seller wanted $100 for it. I told him it was worth between 800-1000 as it sat and I couldn't give him 100 for it. He said $400, and I told him I tried to tell him it was worth more.

It was a week before I could pick it up and he gave me another $100 back when I got there exactly when I said I would with good communication.

It isn't always about the money....

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

That was a nice gesture. However, you probably would have been better off just paying him extra after you saw it. Unfortunately, sometimes when you are a nice guy people do start to think "hey, I might have something good here" and then your good gesture offering $700-$800 becomes when you get there "hey, anyway you can make it $1,200"....human nature is a funny thing so you can still be a great guy but sometimes it is better to do it right there so you can give him the $80 and LOAD IT RIGHT UP....he thanks you a million times and you feel good and burn some rubber and take her home !!!
Hopefully, the person is as nice as you and doesn't try to raise the price (as I speak he is looking on EBAY, Boston Pinball Repair and buying the PINBALL PRICING GUIDE and scanning Mr. Pinball Classifieds). Keep us posted.

Happened to me. Seller had a title that I was interested in and quoted a price. The price was more than reasonable. I offered a few hundred more on top of what I was originally told. There was a handshake agreement and the seller said he would contact me in a couple of days to set a pick up time. And as things would turn out, in a couple of days the game was no longer for sale. He must have done some research and now I am getting the "Are you kidding me? Do you know what this thing is worth?" attitude when I inquire about it. From on now I will pay the asking price and thats it. If someone asks for a certain dollar amount, and gets it, my conscience is clear.

#30 10 years ago

Great find and a really nice gesture to offer him a bit more.
Your a good guy cowman.
I've only lived in Wisconsin for 3 years and so far everyone I've met has been genuine and honest.
What a great state.

#32 10 years ago

Some like it better than Scared Stiff.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some like it better than Scared Stiff.

I do.

#34 10 years ago

Better get it fast.... and remember "No good deed goes unpunished" he might back out on you.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Yup. It's a system 11 game. Your specialty. Grab this as fast as you can.

Ummm, I think it's a Bally 8603 series. Nothing system 11 about this one.

And paying $500 for this game isn't out of line. It probably hasn't been shopped a day in it's life. Battery acid damage. Between cleaning it up, fixing the boards and connector problems, flaky display, and what not, you don't want to be that much into a game, when fully working and shopped out is only $1000-1200. Good indepth shop job and bullet proofing can set you back $500 easy. If you run into other surprises, now your in the hole. So $500 is more than fair for a game sitting in a garage for the past 20 years.

#36 10 years ago

Oh hell no - you don't offer a penny more until you see it.
And there's nothing wrong for giving someone the asking price.
Who knows what it needs, how it looks etc

I would've offered to paypal the $500 sight unseen but not a penny more.
I tried that move on a CL $1000 HS just yesterday but was 8th in line

My only pin so far was $1400 inititally on the phone, then I offered $900 after seeing text pics.
When I got there I said $500 max as it was in need of some serious love and I had no way to plug it in to see if it even worked.

She jumped on the $500

#37 10 years ago

EATPM is a System11B. http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=782

IF you can find a nice EATPM shopped out and working fully for 1000-1200, you had better grab as many as you can.

Around here you can sell a nice one for 1800-2000+ depending on condition of the playfield and cabinet.

RM

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

And paying $500 for this game isn't out of line. It probably hasn't been shopped a day in it's life. Battery acid damage. Between cleaning it up, fixing the boards and connector problems, flaky display, and what not, you don't want to be that much into a game, when fully working and shopped out is only $1000-1200. Good indepth shop job and bullet proofing can set you back $500 easy. If you run into other surprises, now your in the hole. So $500 is more than fair for a game sitting in a garage for the past 20 years.

#38 10 years ago

Great find + sweet price

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I am assuming it's EATPM. Is there another Elvira pin I am missing? If it's SS he's good as gold. EATPM is Williams System 11B. I talked to Scott last night and told him if it was in terrible shape and he was going to pass on it please grab it for me at $500 and I would do something with it. If there is an older Bally pin named Elvira that is not in the IPDB please let me know.

#40 10 years ago

EATPM is a $2K game, folks. $10K by christmas.

#41 10 years ago

I sold a beater with playfield wear over a year ago for $1300 in under an hour

#42 10 years ago

Nice to know the good guys are still around. Good luck, I hope it is in excellent shape!

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yeah, it can definitely add up. My Diner was a steal of a deal upon original purchase, but I can't count the hours of time I've put into it and at this point about $800 too. Lots of Gremlins can take root in a machine after that long of sitting.

#44 10 years ago

My friend who likes playing my pins saw a pin in a garage, and stopped to look.

A Buddy of mine lives in a Sub-division , Lots of Homes .. Anyway , When his dog was walk-n him he Passed by a house w/ the garage door up and saw the owner outside . He spotted a pin in the back , he stopped and inquired about it . It was a CFTBL and the Owner has Owned it for Years . He said it lOOked Great but it Wasn't 4-Sale and it's Still Rotting in the same place , but covered up now .. I've asked Chris to tell me where he lives but he Refuses to .. I've Owned a Creech in the Past ( the Banker owns it Now ) .. I Always lOOk in Garages as I pass by Homes ,,, They Are out there ,, Somewhere there's a MM w/ my name on it covered up in a basement or Garage . To my Pal Chris in K-ville ,, Hook me up Bro !! Finders Fee 1-hundred-dollar-bill.gif1-hundred-dollar-bill.gif

CFTBL,.jpgCFTBL,.jpg CFTBL_pf.jpgCFTBL_pf.jpg CFTBL_pf.jpgCFTBL_pf.jpg

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

Finally got to talk directly to the owner, and he says the pin plays great, so I am going tomorrow night to get it.....BUT I couldn't help myself (darn morals)...I told him if the pin is as good as he says, it's worth more than he was asking, and I would give hin a few hundred more. So it might be $700 -$800. Still a good price.

Good man...he makes more, you still get a smokin' deal

#46 10 years ago

Yup my bad. It is system 11. When I pictured it in my head, I thought it had the 4 groups of displays, not the 2 long ones. I was going back a generation not up. 2k for a EATPM? Someone get it confused with SS? I wouldn't want that much invested in an EATPM. I'd be sitting on it for months or even years.

The point is, with these basement games, warehouse games and what not, is that you can't pay anywhere close to going rate for them, or your going to end up way in the hole by the time you work out the gremlins. Thats one of the problems a lot on this group are facing. They look at something like ES. Think that's $1200-1500 game, so i'm going to offer $1100 and consider it a good deal. But in reality isn't not. If it's a warehouse game. $500 if complete untested should be. Because once you get into it. A complete bracket might be missing. States Cam might be worn out, has to be completely taken apart cleaned rerubbered. And other unknown board problems. Setting you back at least 40+ hours and who knows what in parts. So what are you into it for by this point? Least $700+. You guys undervalue the amount of time and work to get it going. If you don't do your own board work, prepare to shell out for that as well.

#47 10 years ago

A few cab scrapes..Cracked monster slide ramp, but other than that very clean...

100_1758.jpg100_1758.jpg 100_1761.jpg100_1761.jpg 100_1762.jpg100_1762.jpg

#48 10 years ago

Congrats and great find! And if it's not a pin for you keep me in mind

#49 10 years ago

Oh ya, I ended up giving the guy $800. We both were happy!

100_1763.jpg100_1763.jpg 100_1764.jpg100_1764.jpg 100_1765.jpg100_1765.jpg

#50 10 years ago

WOW! Way to go. Happy to see you got it, awesome game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 69.99
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 18.95
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 70.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eatpm-500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.