5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pbdagger
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

just acquired an Earthshaker and the display is blank. I replaced the resistors and capacitors on the power supply board. Have good voltage coming into the display but nada. Wish I had another machine to swap check but don’t. I doubt if both screens would gas out in concert. Any ideas before I go Rottendog.

#2 5 years ago

Its possible they could both be outgassed. Do they look like original tubes.?

#3 5 years ago

Have you checked the ribbon cable from the CPU to the display board? Are the pins lined up correctly? Have you tried rotating the cable?

I'm going through the same issue with my Pinbot. Pretty sure the displays were shot so I just ordered a new LED one from Pinscore for $200. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

#4 5 years ago

I just went through 3 totally dead system 11b displays, so they can definitely both gas out at the same time...unfortunately . Anything coming in faint on the display if you wiggle the connectors a bit (cold solder?). The ribbon cable could also be suspect...make sure that's good and installed in the correct orientation.

Also - I assume you checked the display fuse already? That may be blown on the power supply, it goes pretty easily.

#5 5 years ago

I’m getting 104 VDC to J7 1 & 3. One is supposed to be negative but I am not getting that on my Fluke. Is that possible and if so is that a BR issue?

#6 5 years ago

Bit the bullet and bought a new display. All okay.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eathshaker-display?hl=collint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.