Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Budman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

535B9A53-39C2-487D-A508-873B529E4C81 (resized).jpeg
    90E61962-0FE9-4052-AEBB-F4A7B4694514 (resized).jpeg
    09DF2849-950A-4EC3-9519-2EB13EF92AAD (resized).jpeg
    2018-11-25 19_38_36-Marco Specialties Pinball Parts - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

Are there dollies or other devices that work well moving pins on carpet, that anyone would recommend?

#3 2 years ago

I get the furniture sliders from harbor freight, they slide around great. Leave em under the back legs.

#4 2 years ago

Ditto! I leave them on every machine. Very easy to move games around.

#5 2 years ago

Smart Surface 8295 3-1/2" Round Carpet Furniture Sliders 16-Pack in Resealable Bag amazon.com link »

#6 2 years ago

That's easy enough. I have sliders on most of my furniture, just didn't know if they would work well without catching and stressing a pinball machine's legs. Glad to hear they work well though...it'll save me needing a dolly. Thanks.

#7 2 years ago

Get the bigger size.....4 inch . I recall.

#8 2 years ago

I'd recommend the Move-It 9283 4-Inch Steel Tri-Dolly 200-Lb Load Capacity on Amazon.com. I used these to move my pool table. I've used furniture sliders to move furniture. I'll use the steel dollies to move my pins.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from flwindsurf:

I'd recommend the Move-It 9283 4-Inch Steel Tri-Dolly 200-Lb Load Capacity on Amazon.com. I used these to move my pool table. I've used furniture sliders to move furniture. I'll use the steel dollies to move my pins.

Unfortunately these do not work well on carpet. I tried these and they were a no go.

#10 2 years ago

2018-11-25 19_38_36-Marco Specialties Pinball Parts - Internet Explorer (resized).pngPinball skates. I can easily move games inside and outside by myself. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PBS

Edit: I have carpet throughout my house at this time.

#11 2 years ago

I like these the best
    Takes no effort to move and because they have a cup they dont slide off

09DF2849-950A-4EC3-9519-2EB13EF92AAD (resized).jpeg
    #12 2 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions!

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

I like these the best
    [quoted image]

Just started using these too. They're great.

5 months later
    #14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

I like these the best
    [quoted image]

I just found this thread and dude - thank you. I have been searching and searching for a solution to this problem. I don't care what anyone says, other sliders do NOT work. (Maybe physics work differently in Ohio, but with other types it's basically I slide the machine two inches, slider slips off, reposition slider under leg, slide the machine two inches, repeat.)

I had a good feeling about these and bought one package. I can FINALLY move my bulky WOZ around without having to organize a team like we're relocating stonehenge. I just ordered 10 more.

#15 2 years ago

Anyone have a stock number or amazon link for the sliders?

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Anyone have a stock number or amazon link for the sliders?

amazon.com link »

#17 2 years ago

Home Depot has them
    SP646

#18 2 years ago

Most dollar stores have for $1 for set of four - check there first

#19 2 years ago

Get fairly large circular ones...4 inch. They will slide easier than ones that are the same size as the levelers. Lowe’s has them , called “ Super Sliders” for carpeted applications.

535B9A53-39C2-487D-A508-873B529E4C81 (resized).jpeg90E61962-0FE9-4052-AEBB-F4A7B4694514 (resized).jpeg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside