(Topic ID: 183910)

Easy Way to Reset a Modern Stern on Ball 1?

By pezpunk

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

in Free Play mode, i know if i'm on ball two or three, i can hold the Start button to reset the game. I want to know if there's a way to restart the game, or to exit to Attract Mode, even if i'm still on ball one. I've been practicing some stuff at home and it's a minor annoyance to have to qualify the playfield, and then wait for the ballsaver to expire, then hold down the start button just to reset the game.

On B/W pins, i just open the coin door and hit "menu" and then "back" button, and that resets the game to attract mode, even if it's on ball one.

On modern Stern games, when you do that, it resumes right where you left off. i can see why this would be a useful feature, but in my case i'm basically trying to find a quick way to get to attract mode from ball 1. turning the game off and back on seems like overkill, especially now that the switch is way back on the head, and i have to squeeze between it and another game to reach it.

3 years later
    #2 3 years ago

New Sterns are Standard adjustment #48 (Allow LEFT+START to end game) Set to Free Play or desired setting. Now LEFT FLIPPER + START button will end game and go back to attract mode. I just saw your post looking for the same solution.

#3 3 years ago

Sometimes is adjustment #47. Thats what it was on my BKSOR. #48 on my TMNT

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/easy-way-to-reset-a-modern-stern-on-ball-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.