(Topic ID: 24554)

Easy to Start Multiball Game Suggestions?

By decktard

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by matt_adams
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

I'm eventually planning on buying pinball #2 but I'd be interested in a game that had at least 1 easily attainable multiball mode. Right now I have a FT, however; most casual players don't get a chance at multiball. All casual players seem to love getting some multiball action easily or stumbling into multiball.

JP sticks out as an example as I believe you can use the smart missile to start mutliball at least once a game.

Bonus points for suggesting a pin in the $1500-$2000 range... but any example would work.

#2 7 years ago

Practically and DE/Sega/Stern

#3 7 years ago

Family Guy has a feature that practically gives you a consolation multi-ball on ball 3. I think there may be a few games like that.

#4 7 years ago

T2 is cake. Load gun and hit target. Last action hero pretty much gives it to you at ball 3. Also both of those fit in the price range.

#5 7 years ago

BBH hands down. You can be in a multi-ball on one hit(bird multi). Also 5 diffrent multi-ball modesBird/Big Buck/ Boars gone Wild/Elk/and Open Season. Eat your heart out!

#6 7 years ago

SMB 3rd ball multiball auto lights then shoot the hole. That is the easiest I know of.

CV is loaded with multiball. Any older solid state pin like Taxi, Pinbot, Firepower, BK etc... all very simple to get multiball going not always easy but easy to understand.

#7 7 years ago

Waterworld is pretty easy, hit the skill shot in the dive hole and there you go. Only 2 ball though, dont know if that matters.

#9 7 years ago

Easy.. Stargate.

Multiball right from the first simple skillshot.
    and you can probably find one for about 1500$.

Doctor Who also has a somewhat simple, involved multiball to achieve. Pinball noobs really love it it's so straightforward and rewarding.

#10 7 years ago

The easiest one has to be Stargate...you can get it from the skill shot, and then automatically on the 3rd ball. Big Hurt is also very easy to start multiball, 4 of 6 the six modes are multiball. Stargate has 4 multiball modes as well, 8 overall, Big Hurt has 7 multiballs.

#11 7 years ago

Avatar and bdk are two games that have a ton of me and they seem to stack regularly. A good portion if both games is spent in mb

#12 7 years ago

Operation Thunder by far. Automatic multiball on ball 3.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

BBH hands down. You can be in a multi-ball on one hit(bird multi). Also 5 diffrent multi-ball modesBird/Big Buck/ Boars gone Wild/Elk/and Open Season. Eat your heart out!

BBH is definitely a MB heavy game, but other than the first bird MB I wouldn't call them give-me's. And those bird shots aren't exactly easy either.

#14 7 years ago

Blackwater 100 starts every ball with it, but that machine isn't very good.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

Easy.. Stargate.
    Multiball right from the first simple skillshot.

...and if you miss it during the first ball, another chance during the second. Depending on game settings, you may also be allowed a consolation multiball during ball #3.
    Entering the pyramid also provides a direct multiball - and plenty of different modes, starting only with two balls, allowing 1 or 2 extra if you achieve its objective(s).

#16 7 years ago

Space Shuttle would be an amazing game that you can usually get multiball every time.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

T2 is cake. Load gun and hit target. Last Action Hero pretty much gives it to you at ball 3. Also both of those fit in the price range.

T2 seconded, and casual players will probably like the gun. T3 is pretty easy too, just keep hitting the center shot. T3 is probably not in the price range though. T2 definitely is.

BSD lights Mist for free on Ball 3, but is otherwise very tough for newbies, even with regular flippers.

I think Guns and Roses also lights multi on Ball 3, but also probably out of your price range.

#18 7 years ago

DE:SW

shoot the death star!

#19 7 years ago

Agreed on JP.

Scared Stiff is also easy to get to a multiball mode. At the very least casual players hammer on the crate and half a dozen hits starts 'Terror from the Crate' two-ball multi ball with easy satisfying jackpots (and good call outs) with subsequent crate hits.

#20 7 years ago

TFTC happens quick,
    Doesn't just about every DE game hand you a multiball on your second or third?

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from renodakota:

Sadly it does. One of the main reasons I think pinball on location lost interest. No goal left to achieve.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Sadly it does. One of the main reasons I think pinball on location lost interest. No goal left to achieve.

Nonsense. If someone is so crappy that they consider playing a multiball the final goal of the game then it's clear they werent the main supporters of pinball on location in the first place.

#23 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions so far. If anyone has any other ideas please chime in.

JP is on my shortlist now... but I'd need more playtime on it. I'm ultimately looking for a family friendly theme, newbie friendly play, with some solid play for me too.

I remember liking T2 but haven't played it since the 90s.

Or maybe I should just cut to the chase and get TZ with the home ROM and show my guests how to start LITZ.

#24 7 years ago

Stargate all the way! Bang for your buck. Newbies enjoy knocking the ball around while being told what to hit, and the game is deep for home play.

#25 7 years ago

easy multiball can be achieved on any multiball pin if you change the utility settings to extra easy.

fyi - tf is the king of multiball. it's non stop.

tom and potc are pretty easy too. family friendly, even kids and grandma can do it.

#26 7 years ago

I understand where most are coming from on T2, however I had an experience last night that might suggest otherwise.

I've got a T2. I had a a friend over yesterday that doesn't play pinball much. He really struggled to get multiball started on T2. I even told him to hit the center shot over and over. Granted, he is a low-skill player just learning that there are rules and strategy in pinball. His aiming skills are poor, but the OP did ask about multiball that you can just 'stumble' into easily.

For people just flailing around, my Starship Troopers starts a lot of multiballs and it's pretty easy to keep the ball alive. I believe there are lots of DE games that make it easy to get Multiball on the third ball (as long as you don't have it set to tournament mode).

Good luck!

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from decktard:

Thanks for the suggestions so far. If anyone has any other ideas please chime in.
    JP is on my shortlist now... but I'd need more playtime on it. I'm ultimately looking for a family friendly theme, newbie friendly play, with some solid play for me too.
    I remember liking T2 but haven't played it since the 90s.
    Or maybe I should just cut to the chase and get TZ with the home ROM and show my guests how to start LITZ.

It sounds like JP is the right choice for you with those extra criteria. It hits them all to a tee and come on...who doesn't love dinosaurs, especially when one eats your ball???

As for easiest multiball, that's why Judge Dredd has a feature called Supergame. In the field it cost two credits (null at home), and starts automatically in 2-ball multiball. Simply hit the 5 drop targets in the center while both are still in play and it will launch into full bore 6-ball craziness. It also has a nice, long ball save and some fun modes. When you drain down to 1 ball left, you play the "standard" game for the rest of that ball. People rip on it as being a stupid concept, but when you look at it from the standpoint of new players who still think multiball is the coolest thing in the world, it makes a lot of sense. My 4 year old loves to see all those balls, but wouldn't have a prayer of starting multiball on her own otherwise (in JD anyway...she can rock the multis in CV!). Personally, I find it a shame that the Supergame concept was never expanded to other games. I think it was a great idea.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

The easiest one has to be Stargate...

Judge Dredd is the easiest, hit SUPER game button instead of start Another game that is easy to get multi-ball is Demolition Man. Shoot up to the claw and drop in the freeze lock each time. I am also finding it pretty easy to start multiball on LOTR too and sometimes able to get all 3 of them on the same ball. I've only had the game a few days so still trying to figure things out.

#29 7 years ago

Gottliebs from the 90's.

Waterworld - you can start 2 ball multiball on the first plunge. Also a 4 ball multiball by "sinking" the deez. Loved that game. People at worked loved it because they could actually get multiball's going.

AND the gottliebs will be cheap.

#30 7 years ago

Lotr isn't easy to start but it has 4 multiballs if I'm right.

#31 7 years ago

Just play with the glass off and dump a few extra balls on the table for those casual players!

j/k don't do that.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Of someone is so crappy that they consider playing a multiball the final goal of the game then it's clear they werent the main supporters of pinball on location in the first place.

Not everybody plays as well as you do (assuming you play better than a novice player). Most pinball players on location are novice players. Achieving multiball is for many the highlight of the game as they have no clue there is more to it (if they already had a clue there was a multiball mode in the game). If they get multiball they most likely don't know how they got it, or how to get it again. Still, I'll bet you it are the crappy novice players that keep pinball on location alive.

#33 7 years ago

Funhouse w/ Quick Multiball lit on Mystery Mirror. You can randomly start at that mode at the beginning of the game. One shot and you are in.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Achieving multiball is for many the highlight of the game as they have no clue there is more to it

Yeah, totally right.

A lot of people don't really understand that there are even ANY rules to pinball. For most people it is about banging the ball around and getting random points.

Usually when people come over and play my FT, I'll let them bang away for a while. After they play a couple games I'll loosely explain the long cast, boat, and casters club... but generally they either don't care or aren't skilled enough to really do it.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from renodakota:

This is my chief complaint with DE games. I understand why they did this on location, but it's very annoying when you are a good player in a home environment. Tommy is still one of my favorite pins, but I wish there was a setting that would require you to hit the mirror five times to start multiball. The fact that such a setting doesn't exist just goes to show that the home player wasn't even a consideration back in the early 90's.

#36 7 years ago

+1 for stargate. The entire freakin' game is a multiball. That's why I got rid of it. My wife hates multiball. That, and for me, the entire thing was way too easy.... the only thing I had any trouble with was the last mode.

LOTR actually has um....

3 movie multiballs
    Gollum multiball
    Ring multiball
    Super Ring Frenzy Multiball (Good luck..get all 6 gifts. )

#37 7 years ago

Yeah, I've considered LOTR... but there are 3-4 locations close by I can go to play it.

The longer ball times and reasonably acheivable multiball might complement my FT though.

#38 7 years ago

Beat The Clock.....first 2 ball MB perhaps? There were lot's of MB games in the 30s but the term multiball was not coined yet.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=211&picno=8087&zoom=1

#39 7 years ago

oh yes...MB is overdone....

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

This is my chief complaint with DE games. I understand why they did this on location, but it's very annoying when you are a good player in a home environment. Tommy is still one of my favorite pins, but I wish there was a setting that would require you to hit the mirror five times to start multiball. The fact that such a setting doesn't exist just goes to show that the home player wasn't even a consideration back in the early 90's.

God, I hope Time Machine doesn't auto-multiball, lol. I would either have to turn off the chime box completely or sell the game.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinBilly:

Blackwater 100 starts every ball with it, but that machine isn't very good.

I was going to say the same thing. If you can't get the multiball on this one you should just quit and never play pinball again.

#42 7 years ago

I have only played No Fear a handful of times, but I kept getting dirt bike multiball. Pretty easy to shoot that shot three times and then, boom, multiball. The upkicker feeds the ball back to the right flipper so it's a nice, easy shot.

#43 7 years ago

Spring break is a multi ball game the hole game I think but I could be mistaken can anyone confirm ?

#44 7 years ago

Cactus Jacks. If you don't get multi ball by the last ball and hit the Thorny Surprise it will give it to you.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Space Shuttle would be an amazing game that you can usually get multiball every time.

My seven year old gets multiball with some regularity on our Space Shuttle. He loves it. It's a great game for casual players and still pretty fun for more skilled folks. I was able to teach my son how to really play pinball in a single day. Went from constant double flipping to surprisingly decent ball saves and aimed shots in just a few plays.

The on field locks are fun to hit and easy to see and since they're left between players are usually available for multi-ball.

EDIT: If you don't know, the locks are always lit, and after collected, any center ramp shot starts multi-ball: Can be two or three balls depending.

EDIT 2: The auto link is hitting the wrong page. We're of course talking about the Williams game.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from tpn2011:

Spring Break is a multi ball game the hole game I think but I could be mistaken can anyone confirm ?

I believe it starts with a 2 ball multi-ball but not sure if it is for every ball.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

+1 for Stargate. The entire freakin' game is a multiball. That's why I got rid of it. My wife hates multiball. That, and for me, the entire thing was way too easy.... the only thing I had any trouble with was the last mode.
    LOTR actually has um....
    3 movie multiballsGollum multiballRing multiballSuper Ring Frenzy Multiball (Good luck..get all 6 gifts. )

Don't forget Valinor

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from decktard:

I'm eventually planning on buying pinball #2 but I'd be interested in a game that had at least 1 easily attainable multiball mode. Right now I have a FT, however; most casual players don't get a chance at multiball. All casual players seem to love getting some multiball action easily or stumbling into multiball.
    JP sticks out as an example as I believe you can use the smart missile to start mutliball at least once a game.
    Bonus points for suggesting a pin in the $1500-$2000 range... but any example would work.

Not sure if how easy you want it, but with these games you are almost certain to stumble into multiball. However these games will be hard to find in your "bonus price range"-

S-M: 2 shots to start first Doc Ock mb Mode

POTC: 4 shots to the ship right in the center of the pf. Can be hit with either flipper

BDK: in first wave-One shot to get crane swinging out and then it is BEGGING to be hit to start mb

X-Men: Wolverine mb is easy to start and is in the center of the pf. Even stray balls will hit it.

Totally switching gears:

How about early EM games with lift mechanisms? Add as many balls as you want in play. Once they drain you are done though.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Don't forget Valinor

That doesn't count, becuase no human ever sees it. If I have a lot of free time, I'm going to set my game on 9-ball and see if I can get there. So far every attempt on 5-ball has failed.

#50 7 years ago

JP has a 100% chance of getting multiball in every game. Simply shoot smart missle on 3rd ball if you have yet to get multiball on your own.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 64.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    € 60.00
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 299.00
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside