13 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by ectobar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 days ago

I expect the answer to my question below is no, as I can't find one by searching manuals or forum. And in the wild this certainly doesn't make sense.

I keep some games on 5 ball for my wife and other family members. Is there an easy way to toggle between 3 and 5 ball games on modern pins? Besides, for example, on a late model Stern:

open coin door
    select menu
    select menu
    toggle to & select Adj menu
    select SPI adj
    toggle to menu item ~21 for balls per game
    select, toggle to change, select/install
    back - back - back button
    close coin door

I don't really care about documenting and keeping high scores on the games - I'll snap a photo if I get a great score. When we have a party I usually reset the high scores, and sometimes reset scores and install easy settings.

I'd love to be able to walk up and hit a button to switch # balls, or even have a short cut at the top menu after opening the coin door. I could do the steps above to switch from 5 to 3 balls, but I would also have to reset the games to 5 ball afterwards. My wife likes to play (a good thing), but would never go through the motions above to alter the balls per game.

#2 13 days ago

Gosh, why did you ever let them find out that there is a 5-ball setting? Kidding.

If you could easily change from 5 to 3 at a touch of a button, wouldn't you still have to adjust the high scores so they have a reasonable objective? So, I guess it depends on why they need 5 balls?

#3 12 days ago
    Quoted from vanilla:

If you could easily change from 5 to 3 at a touch of a button, wouldn't you still have to adjust the high scores so they have a reasonable objective? So, I guess it depends on why they need 5 balls?

Yeah, there is really no good way to make it work. The only way would involve major project creep (programming and hardware).

What I'd really like to see is a "login" (like with a 4-digit pin #) for games that allows individuals to fine tune their own settings and then store individual high scores/achievements. That way people (especially in the home environment) can play against themselves and the machine tracks everything.

The overall game high scores would only be recorded and saved if the individual's game settings match a chosen "default" game setting.

#4 12 days ago
    Quoted from Adaminski:

Yeah, there is really no good way to make it work. The only way would involve major project creep (programming and hardware).
    What I'd really like to see is a "login" (like with a 4-digit pin #) for games that allows individuals to fine tune their own settings and then store individual high scores/achievements. That way people (especially in the home environment) can play against themselves and the machine tracks everything.
    The overall game high scores would only be recorded and saved if the individual's game settings match a chosen "default" game setting.

All of your ideas would be nice with a home pin!

#5 12 days ago

Set to 5 and just don't play the last 2. Zero buttons!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 33.50
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 179.99
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Judge Dredd plastic Out of stock
    Pinball Haus
    $ 89.99
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside