3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jetsons2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago

Checkpoint is a incredibly easy and satisfying for new players.

Iconically, Seawitch has so far been my guests favorite game.

#32 3 years ago

I WOULD have said Breakshot but I have a friend and her husband come over to play and the husband said it was “too easy” although he never even got multiball and couldn’t break over a million. My friend said the game seemed complicated and a bit difficult. The rules are somewhat simple, but explaining them to a casual player and having them understand the goals is different.

It comes off as wordy and complicated.
She enjoyed MNF the most. Games that are simple, rewarding and have a cool gimmick. Older guys seem to like the “old school” games.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Interesting, but if he couldn't get multiball, it's not too easy for him. Strange that one of 'em said too easy, the other complicated and difficult. Makes me wonder what you told 'em, ha...
I think the multiball is one of the great things for a beginner. No explanation is even necessary. The locks are immediately inviting to shoot for, and it's not too challenging to frustrate a beginner. It's also fun to see the balls banked / combo'd in there. I brought mine to our show one year, and could tell beginners enjoyed it: they just seemed to like to go for the multiball, no rules or explanations necessary.
I could definitely see MNF: kind of similar in regard to seeing it makes it immediately obvious what you want to do, no explanations necessary.

I figured saying “actually you suck” would have made it worse, so I left it at that!

My usually spiel is “It’s pool, main goal is to start multiball. Shoot the center lock to start. The super cue loop automatically gains 1 ball, aim for flashing lights those are rest of the balls you need”

I think that’s a pretty good 3 sentence breakdown for the entire game.

MNF is super easy, there’s only like 4 shots that exist really. For that one “keep flipping until the ramp comes up.” That’s the only objective and everyone loves that stupid little field goal lol. I keep thinking about selling it, but the gimmick doesn’t get old. “HE RUNS IT ALL THE WAY BACK... IT’S GOOD!!!”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Union, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Orlando, FL
$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/easy-pinball-machines-approachable-for-casuals?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.