Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Jojo1111
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider digitalbytes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

A friend of mine who lives too far away for me to help is considering purchasing a pinball machine for his home. He is not tech savy and is worried that he will not have the skills to keep a pinball machine maintained.

I myself am a new owner and have never worked with pinball machines before, I bought a new Met Pro late last year and have learned the basics - replacing rubbers and lights, cleaning the playfield, changing fuses.

Would someone less confident in their skills be better off with a newer machine than an older one? Are there machines that are known to be more difficult to maintain?

He just does not want to be in a situation where the machine breaks down every couple of months and he has to find someone to come in and fix it for him. In that case would he be better off not being a pinball owner?

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from njg:

Maybe a virtual pin would be best

This is something I was going to suggest to him, thanks for reminding me.

#18 9 years ago

Excellent advise by everyone. My worry with the AC/DC machine is that it's overly complex for new people the last time I visited he was quite excited to play the new Star Trek. As far as I can tell they both don't have very many toys to worry about.

I am thinking that a NIB Star Trek may be the right choice for him.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider digitalbytes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/easy-maintinance-pins-for-non-pinheads?tu=digitalbytes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.