3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by madmaxJ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

787D7D8E-7FC3-49E5-8327-9D3BF185E696 (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

Is it just me or are there way more pinball machines in the east as opposed to the west. I’m in Vancouver Canada and I’m always seeing ads for machines for sale on the other side of the country. The pin side for sale map seems to be the same for the USA.

What’s the deal? Anyone have any clues as to why?

#2 3 years ago

They were positioned early on in the East and developed a following. Beach front from Mass through Jersey into the South.
    Military Bases are prevalent in NC /SC and up and down the Coast. Pinball was popular there for Soldiers to while away the time.
    Congested Cities included many Arcades/ Gamerooms.
    Shipping to California was still an ordeal during 50's till the late 80's.

#3 3 years ago

and the east is just more populated that the west - 58% vs 42% for the west today, and much more in past decades.

#4 3 years ago

The selection of Pinball Machines for sale here, has been limited and small for quite awhile. Most A titles for sale on Craig's List in Colorado are snatched up right away (sometimes at crazy prices). To get the machines I wanted (lately) I had to look East. Picked up a FT in Atlanta and a White Water at (reasonable prices and always hard to find especially in good condition) on (of all places) Ebay. The game was in DC. Shipping (real white glove shipping where your game arrives at your door in a timely fashion without a scratch) has gotten expensive. ($600-$700) This has been my experience as of late.

#5 3 years ago

Thx for the feedback.

The more you know

787D7D8E-7FC3-49E5-8327-9D3BF185E696 (resized).png787D7D8E-7FC3-49E5-8327-9D3BF185E696 (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/east-vs-west- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.