toxic (resized).jpg
GettyImages-1246796299 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230213_212307_Reddit (resized).jpg
D1491787-EC78-4F54-80BF-AEEC7FF9AA59 (resized).jpeg
FpG6yucX0AEQvG3 (resized).jpg
sddefault (resized).jpg
3D72D469-EFA7-45FC-9781-D1C5A0415733.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

Any pinsiders impacted by this or have family nearby?

#2 1 year ago

y'all and your anti-media craziness is crazy. At least 50 stories in the past 24hrs linked below...

https://news.google.com/stories/CAAqNggKIjBDQklTSGpvSmMzUnZjbmt0TXpZd1NoRUtEd2oxeWFuUkJoRnhCYm5wSTNON2NpZ0FQAQ?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

#3 1 year ago

Why is this in a pinball forum?

Added 13 months ago:

Apologies for the insensitivity of the post. Agreed that this needs more coverage than the shooting down of weather balloons.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Because the media has totally hidden this story!!!!

Except for the hundreds of daily stories they are offering about it.

What else are they hiding?!?!

#5 1 year ago

This isnt an anti-media post its an ask for anyone thats effected by it to share. It happened last week and just in the last few days has anything been released.

Typical dick response
lets go ahead get it started with the "IBTL"

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

It's not. It's in the "Off Topic" section.

#7 1 year ago

So yesterday was dOn vs Levi day and today is train derailment day. Serenity Now!

Added 13 months ago:

Again, apologies.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What else are they hiding?!?!

I could post it here but it will just get moderated/erased. This thread will be locked soon enough anyway.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

So yesterday was dOn vs Levi day and today is train derailment day. Serenity Now!

Quit making this something it isnt. The interest is in people that are close by that can speak to it. Several pinsiders are in that area.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I could post it here but it will just get moderated/erased. This thread will be locked soon enough anyway.

OH! Wait! Is this an IBTL chance?

#11 1 year ago

There are indeed a lot of pinballers in Ohio/PA border area.

If any were directly affected we'd probably know about it by now.

It's a shitty situation as all environmental disasters are. If I lived there I'd have certainly have tried to GTFO last week if were within my means, regardless of whether or not there was an official evacuation.

Good luck to all the folks who live anywhere near there.

Has the Gameseum guy done a related gofundme yet? Ephrata is only like 300 miles away and I'm sure he's been affected!

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There are indeed a lot of pinballers in Ohio/PA border area.
If any were directly affected we'd probably know about it by now.
It's a shitty situation as all environmental disasters are. If I lived there I'd have certainly have tried to GTFO last week if were within my means, regardless of whether or not there was an official evacuation.
Good luck to all the folks who live anywhere near there.
Has the Gameseum guy done a related gofundme yet? Ephrata is only like 300 miles away and I'm sure he's been affected!

Thats what I found puzzling, people post about everything in this forum but nothing on this. And I only mentioned the media because its no secret it was a slow roll. Even the mainstream media is blasting other outlets for not covering it. But thats not the point, its more around "Whats going on out that way guys? Why arent we talking about this?"

But everyone is so blood hungry it immediately turns into a snarky filled unnecessary bunch of comments.

Just trying to talk about a major catastrophe here...

#13 1 year ago

How is noone talking about this?

#14 1 year ago

Across the pond.

#16 1 year ago

This is messed up animals and humans very sick.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Thats what I found puzzling, people post about everything in this forum but nothing on this. And I only mentioned the media because its no secret it was a slow roll. Even the mainstream media is blasting other outlets for not covering it. But thats not the point, its more around "Whats going on out that way guys? Why arent we talking about this?"
But everyone is so blood hungry it immediately turns into a snarky filled unnecessary bunch of comments.
Just trying to talk about a major catastrophe here...

You seem super puzzled, but don't want to look at it logically.

The population of East Palestine Ohio is 4,700 people. That's probably fewer than the amount of people who live on my block. It shouldn't be that much of a shocker that nobody there is on Pinside. Ohio/PA are pretty big states but this is a tiny, tiny little town.

People aren't talking about it (except for the lots of people and media organizations that are) because it's East Palestine Ohio. If it were NYC, Pittsburgh, Flint Michigan, Montgomery Alabama etc. etc., there'd probably be a little more "sizzle" to the story.

Not sure what else to tell ya.

If you drive to East Palestine, Ohio, or any of the immediately surrounding towns, I'm sure you'll hear plenty of people talking about it.

#19 1 year ago

Added 13 months ago:

Apologies

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pretty sure he closed up shop in January. Ended with a typical, long winded social media post on how his closing was not his fault.

#21 1 year ago

I'm sure there's thousands of shirtless middle-aged non-balding men affected by this disaster.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I'm sure there's thousands of shirtless middle-aged non-balding men affected by this disaster.

Do they own any pinball machines or do they live with their mother in a tiny apartment?

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Yes, I am sure this is why it is not getting coverage. It is all about the demographics.

Added 13 months ago:

Apologies

#26 1 year ago

IBTL

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure what else to tell ya.
If you drive to East Palestine, Ohio, or any of the immediately surrounding towns, I'm sure you'll hear plenty of people talking about it.

Thanks Levi!

3D72D469-EFA7-45FC-9781-D1C5A0415733.gif3D72D469-EFA7-45FC-9781-D1C5A0415733.gif
#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:Deleted post

I simply questioned the relationship of this thread relating to pinball. I could care less about politics and honestly that subject never entered my mind when I posted..... but as with many threads, it gets spun into some bizaare Prepper vs New World Order thing.

Added 13 months ago:

Apologies

#29 1 year ago

Hell you couldn't even talk about Covid here, even though everyone was home playing pinball.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Hell you couldn't even talk about Covid here, even though everyone was home playing pinball.

We talked about it all the time… you just had to stay in the one thread.

#31 1 year ago

Trains are longer than ever and due to shortages and fear of shutdown, safety was left on the back burner. Shame it happened in my state, it can and could happen anywhere when you have a 90 seconds to check each car on a 3 mile train.

I believe a few months ago a bipartisan bill was signed to prevent the trainyard workers from striking. Profits and fear of shutdown pushed it through.

Also after 40 years of mergers, there an only a few railroad companies, most of which are 30% or more owned by wall street. Which also leads to more care for profits than safety.

EPA got funding slashed a few years ago which also doesn’t help since it’s been underfunded for decades.

I know one person by there, said in the day it happened, through the wind he could smell and taste the chemical in the air. Definitely exposure going on.

I don’t lean either way so don’t turn it to that. I follow logic, common sense, and data. Either side can keep you feelings and opinions to yourself.

TLDR
Been a long time coming and people are definitely getting exposed to bad things.

#32 1 year ago
sddefault (resized).jpgsddefault (resized).jpg
#33 1 year ago

When the government says it’s ok to return to your homes. Get as far away as possible!!!

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Do they own any pinball machines or do they live with their mother in a tiny apartment?

Pics is the only way we’ll know for sure. I took some Valentine’s Day ones on TWD for you as a thank you.

#35 1 year ago

They are even telling us in Cincinnati they have to watch the water intake for chemicals we are 300+ miles away from the site. Louisville next. Then, every town on the Mississippi. How many PPM's will they turn off the intake? They won't tell you this info. What's the level to cause problems? Another thing they won't tell you.

The feeder to the Ohio river is not far from the crash site.

This will potentially impact 100M Americans. If not today, 20 years from now when the find the cancer in your body.

I don't believe anything they spew at you on regular news channels anymore. UFO's shot down daily, Covid BS. You can't make this stuff up anymore. In the next week it will be aliens giving gold bars to children in Pakistan.

#36 1 year ago

As someone who lives about 10 miles away from the crash..
Yes. The air smelled like a bucket of plastic army men for a few days.
Telling your wife that they didn’t evacuate Chernobyl for 5 days is not a funny joke.
And simply as far as pinball goes..
Railroad Atomic Zombie Adventureland!

#37 1 year ago

in 2021 we had a huge chemical fire at the grease factory not far from my town (search chemtool fire if you want more details). It was a huge disaster. Tons of toxic chemicals spewing into the air and the nearby river. I forgot now how long it was before the evacuated people got let back to go to their homes but it was only a day or two I think. Things were pretty messed up for a while, and I'm sure they still are. Seems eerily similar to this fiasco

#38 1 year ago

norfolk southern railway had another Ohio derailment last october up in sandusky. although that one was only wax. but roads are still closed from the mess and the city is having issues getting things closed out with the railway.

#39 1 year ago

I'm with the government and I'm here to help you.

#40 1 year ago

ok, THAT was funny.

The train got don'd.....d0n'd...d0n'ed...d0d'ded....um, the trash crashed.

#41 1 year ago

Who wants there very own shirtless Don train crash mugs & T's?

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Who wants there very own shirtless Don train crash mugs & T's

That image IS a train wreck, one just can't help but look.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

This isnt an anti-media post its an ask for anyone thats effected by it to share. It happened last week and just in the last few days has anything been released.
Typical dick response
lets go ahead get it started with the "IBTL"

People insist on Goggles and BS segment of 'internet'. Goggle/YT shows you about 3% if you're lucky. The 'safe spaces'. Never Look you Never find.

https://rumble.com/v29mjj6-and-we-know-14th-feb-2023.html

People should be beyond disgusted. A Biochemical nuke just got lit up in your back yard deliberately, and Nobody even Talking about it, or Looking. Lighting that sht up instead of HAZMAT response, was an act of terrorism, that's being conservative. Dead, across multiple states and down to gulf of mexico.

For those not paying attention, you're going to be more than just a little bit shocked by whats on the horizon of this.

#46 1 year ago

fuked again.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

People insist on Goggles and BS segment of 'internet'. Goggle/YT shows you about 3% if you're lucky. The 'safe spaces'. Never Look you Never find.
https://rumble.com/v29mjj6-and-we-know-14th-feb-2023.html
People should be beyond disgusted. A Biochemical nuke just got lit up in your back yard deliberately, and Nobody even Talking about it, or Looking. Lighting that sht up instead of HAZMAT response, was an act of terrorism, that's being conservative. Dead, across multiple states and down to gulf of mexico.
For those not paying attention, you're going to be more than just a little bit shocked by whats on the horizon of this.

To be fair, not sure it was an act of terrorism. Video shows sparks coming off one of cars axles prior to this disaster, who knows? Typical government response to burn the tanks and release a chemical bomb into the atmosphere. Didn’t learn anything from burning chemical pits in gulf war either. No one is coming

#48 1 year ago
FpG6yucX0AEQvG3 (resized).jpgFpG6yucX0AEQvG3 (resized).jpg
#49 1 year ago

Across the pond.

And back.

#50 1 year ago

its getting worse, now they find out there were more chemicals the train was carrying than originally stated, and now the railway has even pulled out of city talks/meetings for fear of their safety. hang on for a long ride...

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/east-palestine-ohio-train-derailment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.