By currieddog

1 week ago

Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

remote (resized).jpg
434BCC9A-6994-4170-86BD-AA4926561B92 (resized).jpeg

#1 9 days ago

I really don't like the idea of kicking the machine to turn it off. What is the easiest way to install an on/off sw.?

#2 9 days ago

power strip... seriously, dont hack the wiring!

#3 9 days ago

Just use a Switched Power Bar.

Unless you want to modify your game, install a later style Gottlieb switch under the cabinet. If done correctly the next buyer will most likely appreciate the upgrade to your pin.

#4 9 days ago

I have never had anyone complain of adding a switch to my 50s-60s games. Dirtflipper guilted me into leaving a couple more collectible games alone. Maybe it will matter down the road, maybe not but that can be someone else's decision. I wish they would have used the kick-off like used on my Bowlette. That has a little button that pushes up through to activate the kick-off switch. So much more elegant that slapping or kicking the bottom panel.

#5 9 days ago

Might I "kindly inform you" that you can turn the machine off by tapping the bottom of the cabinet.

#6 9 days ago

I have keys in all my games... when Im done I open the door and lift the slam switch with a finger. Of course you dont want to do this in bare feet on slab

#7 9 days ago

I think I'll go the power strip route. Thanks!

I like your note of caution, pinhead52!

#8 9 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I have keys in all my games... when Im done I open the door and lift the slam switch with a finger. Of course you dont want to do this in bare feet on slab

Hah, I've done that! No, not with bare feet on a slab!
Personally, I have no problem slapping or kicking the bottom of the cabinet to shut off the game. If the switch is properly adjusted and the rod moves freely in it's bushing, it doesn't take a huge amount of force to turn off the game this way. You can also adjust the weighted slam switch on the inside of the coin door just right so that a little rap with a knuckle on the door does the trick.
There are cute little on/off switches that plug into your outlet that you can plug your game into. Of course you have to reach down or maybe get under the machine to use it. I'd go with an outlet strip like the guys above said.

#9 9 days ago

Add smart plug to it and use smart phone for on / off

#10 9 days ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Add smart plug to it and use smart phone for on / off

Clap on! Clap off!

#11 9 days ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Clap on! Clap off!

434BCC9A-6994-4170-86BD-AA4926561B92 (resized).jpeg

#12 9 days ago
Quoted from currieddog:

I really don't like the idea of kicking the machine to turn it off. What is the easiest way to install an on/off sw.?

This is the easiest and most unobtrusive way.

amazon.com link »

remote (resized).jpg

#13 9 days ago

I just turn the breaker off then back on. That's probably what they did back in the days.

#14 9 days ago

Pretty cool, leckmeck, but even with free shipping it won't beat the power strip price.

#15 9 days ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Pretty cool, leckmeck, but even with free shipping it won't beat the power strip price.

I hope you're kidding. $29 bucks for push button on and off? I have remote on and off and it's awesome. You can buy one unit that your power strip plugs into... press one button and any games plugged in turn on instantly!

#16 9 days ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I just turn the breaker off then back on. That's probably what they did back in the days.

Breakers are not designed to be turned on and off. This can wear them out.

#17 9 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Personally, I have no problem slapping or kicking the bottom of the cabinet to shut off the game. If the switch is properly adjusted and the rod moves freely in it's bushing, it doesn't take a huge amount of force to turn off the game this way.

Some of those solid wood bottoms like the 60s Williams cabinets with the shelf can be a little hard on the hand or toe.

#18 9 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some of those solid wood bottoms like the 60s Williams cabinets with the shelf can be a little hard on the hand or toe.

Do they have the slap off feature? Man, that's 3/4" plywood on those games!

#19 9 days ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

This is the easiest and most unobtrusive way.
amazon.com link »

I like those!

#20 9 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Do they have the slap off feature? Man, that's 3/4" plywood on those games!

You know they do. Then there are those drop down cabinets with the solid bottom and the kickoff switch is behind all that.

#21 9 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

You know they do. Then there are those drop down cabinets with the solid bottom and the kickoff switch is behind all that.

You gotta get those from the sides!

#22 9 days ago

Pain in the butt. When we are done in the garage I just pull the master cord out of the wall and call it a night.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Double Danger Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.00
Electronics
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 25.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 90.00
Lighting - Led
Geeteoh Electronics
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside