View topic image gallery

received_3035559526462771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200418_182550 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200418_190225 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200418_185101 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-25 at 19.23.07 (6) (resized).jpeg
92360187_145501070299038_48916829938122752_o (resized).jpg
90445715_3080957911948464_2409698178879193088_o (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

JD is the easy choice for me. It is a beautiful pin (cab, BG, and playfield), it has tons of shots, fun modes, a great multiball, lots of fast flow, and plenty of depth. It is newer and made by bally as well, so the quality is there.

JD is also rated much higher on pinside (if you pay attention to such things), so several hundreds of pinsiders feel the same.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

JD is the easy choice for me. It is a beautiful pin (cab, BG, and playfield), it has tons of shots, fun modes, a great multiball, lots of fast flow, and plenty of depth. It is newer and made by bally as well, so the quality is there.
JD is also rated much higher on pinside (if you pay attention to such things), so several hundreds of pinsiders feel the same.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Someone else pointed out to me that if I went with ES then I'd only have System 11s. Whereas if I went with JD, then I'd end up having both a System 11 and a 90's Bally/Williams in my collection. That would potentially be a more balanced mix.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s usually a mistake to curate by checklist.
“I gotta have one X game, one Y game, etc”
You just need cool games.

You have 30 reasons to get JD...the only reason I can see to get ES is because it's made by pat lawlor. I've never picked a pin simply because a certain person made it...

#13 4 years ago

It also occurs to me that you have several underpriced games on your wishlist:

LAH, baywatch, high speed, JD, JM, black rose.

I think JD and JM are the best of the bunch there too.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hey guys, looking for some advice. I've got the money and the room for one machine, and so far the two most likely available candidates are ES and JD. If you could only have one, which would you choose? I've got a two pin collection including whichever one I end up buying, with the other game being Mousin' Around. Thoughts and advice?
Thanks-Mike

I didn't ask before...but I am assuming you have an opportunity to get one already. What are the prices being asked for each?

I would pick JD all day, but if they want 4k for JD and 1k for ES, that changes things...

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

There’s also plenty to mod on JD, ES there’s only a few things to add.
JD, or save up and buy a more modern pin, or something.... better

JD has a lotta bang for the buck. I really think its one of the most under priced pins out there, and it is on his wishlist.

They go for 2600-3100. What else would be a good value at that price? Getaway, wcs, whirlwind...maybe a BSD...if you could find a beat up one low enough to be at the top end of JD. None of those are on his wishlist either.

JD is ranked currently at #56. There really aren't a lot of pins that would be comparable for not much more (others than the ones I have already mentioned). In most cases, he would have to add another $1500 or more to get a "better" pin...and by that point...why not just get JD and ES?

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, the guy has said he's firm at $3100. Which he claims is below market value. His JD is in nice shape, with Deadworld mod, but 3100 still seems high to me.

Its the upper end if the pinside market, but I had a REALLY nice one that I ended up trading for a $3500 value a few months back.

I don't think it is bad if it's a very nice example. Of course, you can always try to tempt him by offering cash, a quick pick up, bringing up that there is a pandemic that's dropping prices, bringing up any flaws it has, or that it has been sitting unsold and you are a serious buyer.

I would shoot for 2900-3000. I don't think you will get it for less than that from him.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

If you love the game I wouldn't lose it over 100 bucks.

I agree.

3k is about the going price. I don't think the seller is off, but I do think there is a lot of leverage with the rust and in this pandemic for negotiations. It has also been sitting online as well.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Let me throw another machine in the mix. There's a Phantom of the Opera for $2300, but I've talked to the seller and I'm confident that I could get him down to at least $2000. Especially since he's had it listed for over a month now. What does anyone think?
grandisland.craigslist.org link

The link is no longer working, but fwiw...i like phantom. If it's been sitting for over a month, you could definitely get a better price. The other 2 are better pins, but if you got phantom for, say, 1600-1800...it would be hard to pass up. At that point, we are talking less about quality and more about value, however.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-vs-judge-dredd?tu=daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.