View topic image gallery

received_3035559526462771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200418_182550 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200418_190225 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200418_185101 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-25 at 19.23.07 (6) (resized).jpeg
92360187_145501070299038_48916829938122752_o (resized).jpg
90445715_3080957911948464_2409698178879193088_o (resized).jpg
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I like JD more than ES because it is deeper.
If you look at how fun they are I would say they are about equal
Sold my JD (due to space issues) for about $3050 a few weeks ago, and the one in the add you sent looks about the same but does include the topper. (mine didn't)
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-25 at 19.23.07 (6) (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-02-25 at 19.23.07 (6) (resized).jpeg

#52 4 years ago

Well, JD is the clear favorite in the poll. We'll see what happens though. I'll have to post a follow-up whenever I get my new machine.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

... but I'd rather not risk life and limb for a Ripleys!

RBION/low level stabbing > JD

#54 4 years ago

Let me throw another machine in the mix. There's a Phantom of the Opera for $2300, but I've talked to the seller and I'm confident that I could get him down to at least $2000. Especially since he's had it listed for over a month now. What does anyone think?

grandisland.craigslist.org link

#55 4 years ago

I'd advise against a 30-year old DE as your first game.

THey were built very poorly.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd advise against a 30-year old DE as your first game.
THey were built very poorly.

Well, not my first. Would be my 3rd. But point taken.

#57 4 years ago

Play both and decide. I always liked Earth shaker, both art and theme. Game play was ok too. Judge Dread never did much for me theme or art wise, but I found it way more fun to play, and came back to more and more.

#58 4 years ago

God no to Phantom.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

There's a Phantom of the Opera for $2300,

If Phantom of the Opera is $2300 then JD and Earthshaker should be $5,000 each.

Run!

Lollll

rd

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If Phantom of the Opera is $2300 then JD and Earthshaker should be $5,000 each.
Run!
Lollll
rd

Quoted from TheLaw:

God no to Phantom.

I've got a funny soft spot for phantom. It has beautiful, sexy art, and has the classic Phantom organ music from the Lon Cheney film. Rules are pretty light, especially once you figure out that you can backhand the organ from the right flipper, for a very safe shot. But it has style in spades, that's for sure.

#61 4 years ago

I've heard people in the past say Dredd is not deep enough.

Well, let's see how often they can get to The Ultimate Challenge on a three ball game. Either way.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, let's see how often they can get to The Ultimate Challenge on a three ball game. Either way.

Not really that tough bro!!!

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Easiest way is to score 4 jackpots during multiball, and start the Ultimate Challenge this way..
Pretty easy if you ask me!
But getting to the Ultimate Challenge by playing all chain modes, that is a bit harder on a steep and fast game with the outlanes all the way open

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Easiest way is to score 4 jackpots during multiball, and start the Ultimate Challenge this way..
Pretty easy if you ask me!
But getting to the Ultimate Challenge by playing all chain modes, that is a bit harder on a steep and fast game with the outlanes all the way open

The wizard mode really sucks though. Talk about a bland finale!

#65 4 years ago

I think you are on the right track, keep looking.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The wizard mode really sucks though. Talk about a bland finale!

I agree 100%!
And I just wrote that you can get the wizard mode through multiball right?: that's actually one of the things I don't like about the machine!

#67 4 years ago

I'd say JD. Like the theme a lot more than ES myself...

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Let me throw another machine in the mix. There's a Phantom of the Opera for $2300, but I've talked to the seller and I'm confident that I could get him down to at least $2000. Especially since he's had it listed for over a month now. What does anyone think?

The link is no longer working, but fwiw...i like phantom. If it's been sitting for over a month, you could definitely get a better price. The other 2 are better pins, but if you got phantom for, say, 1600-1800...it would be hard to pass up. At that point, we are talking less about quality and more about value, however.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not really that tough bro!!!

Well, next time you're out here in the desert, you can try mine then.

Quoted from RobDutch:

You too.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

horrible game, its a turd, save your money

#71 3 years ago

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone! But all this back and forth, and I ended up finding a Whirlwind instead! It was a tough call, because I think RBION would have been a lot of fun, but WW is one of my grail pins, so I couldn't pass it up. "Feel the Power of the Wind!" Not a bad two-pin lineup (pre-DMD). Wouldn't mind swapping a Funhouse for the Mousin' but my wallet says this is next best!

IMG_20200418_182550 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_182550 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_185101 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_185101 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_190225 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_190225 (resized).jpg
#72 3 years ago

I've owned JD 2x and never stayed long. ES has been with me since mid 90's,

I'd suggested JD just for the variety (sys11 & DMD). However, in my opinion WW is the best of all 3.

Nicely done!

#73 3 years ago

Glad you kept looking, WW is a great pin and always fun to play.

#74 3 years ago

If you watch the PAPA tutorial for Earthshaker, you won’t want to buy it. At least watch it on YouTube first.

I love my JD and in fully restored condition, it’s never leaving. I think Earthshaker is cool though, just broken in the rules department.

#75 3 years ago

Whirlwind is an all time classic top 10 for me.

#76 3 years ago

Nice! Whirlwind is by far the best of your options
Sold my JD to make some room, but I kept my Whirlwind!

#77 3 years ago

Whirlwind and Mousin together? I like your style! Definitely the best choice of the games you were looking at (and I have a JD too). WW would be the last game to ever leave my house. Enjoy!

received_3035559526462771 (resized).jpegreceived_3035559526462771 (resized).jpeg
#78 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Whirlwind and Mousin together? I like your style! Definitely the best choice of the games you were looking at (and I have a JD too). WW would be the last game to ever leave my house. Enjoy![quoted image]

Yeah, good combo! WW survived the drive and move into my house without any ill effects. Got it pitched and leveled last night, and replaced a couple bulbs this morning, and now it's good to go.

#79 3 years ago

Whirlwind gets lonesome without an Earthshaker nearby!

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Whirlwind gets lonesome without an Earthshaker nearby!

Yeah, but my pin funds are dried up for now. So unless the guy I was gonna buy ES from wants to trade me for my Mousin'...WW will have to stay separated from his counterpart. And I don't think I'm ready to lose Mousin' yet anyway. But never say never!

#81 3 years ago

MA is an awesome game!

#82 3 years ago

Dredd, hands-down. I'm in the minority, but it's probably top 5 WPCs for me; I've considered it my favorite pin at points. Having been through ~100 games, Dredd is one of only two that I felt compelled to seek out a second time.

Earthshaker is also very good, but doesn't have as much going on. If prices are reasonable, I'd buy both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-vs-judge-dredd/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.