Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190915_160806 (resized).jpg
20190915_145040 (resized).jpg
Pinball2 (resized).jpg
Pinball1 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I have an issue with my ES scoreboard. The upper portion works as designed, lower half worked for about 2 games and then went blank. I'm very new to this so please be gentle and give me complete instructions on where and how to trouble shoot this. I am very good at following directions, I'm simply not familiar with these machines. I'm brand new to this hobby. I loved playing as a kid but only recently (2 weeks now) have I gotten the opportunity to actually have a machine of my own. I am happy to help with automotive issues for those who have them but will apologize up front, I will be asking lots of questions about my new found addiction. Thanks in advance.
The New Guy

#2 4 years ago
Pinball1 (resized).jpgPinball1 (resized).jpgPinball2 (resized).jpgPinball2 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

First, don't work on games/under the playfield with them powered on if you can avoid it (re: pic #2 ).

Behind the speaker panel on the backbox is where your displays are mounted. Start simple and take a look for any loose connectors or ones that may have came off during set-up.

#4 4 years ago

I'll look at those and see this evening. I'll power down first, also I'll take pictures and post so if someone sees something I don't. Thanks.

1 week later
#5 4 years ago

Just an update. Haven't gotten out to the garage this week. spent most of the weekend gone to visit my parents. I will hopefully be able to get those picture taken of the back this evening.

2 weeks later
#6 4 years ago

Finally got the pictures of the inoperative scoreboard.

20190915_145040 (resized).jpg20190915_145040 (resized).jpg20190915_160806 (resized).jpg20190915_160806 (resized).jpg
#7 4 years ago

Disconnect and reconnect those connections along the top of the board. The middle two don't look like they're all the way in.

#8 4 years ago

I'll give it a try yaksplat. I'll let you know if it works.

#9 4 years ago

Also check the same wires and where they plug into the circuit boards in back box.

#10 4 years ago

Tried both suggestions with no change. Anything else I can try or am I down to replacing the board? If it's time to replace the board any suggestions on where to find one for a good price?

2 months later
#11 4 years ago

Received new scoreboard in the mail last night. Hopefully I can install it this evening. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

1 week later
#12 4 years ago

Scoreboard works perfectly! Now to find a launch mechanism. My knob has broken off and it doesn't launch hard enough to get on to the play field.

#14 4 years ago

Received the new launcher parts and installed them. Man it's like a new game. All parts came from pinballwizard.net. Thanks for the input Ben didn't see your post until after I ordered.

2 weeks later
#15 4 years ago

Is there a market for a score board that can be repaired? If so where and what is a fair price to ask? Not trying to price myself out of selling, but getting a few dollars back would be nice.

#16 4 years ago

Could probably sell to one of the many people who repair stuff, they are always in need of original parts. I imagine a lot of people get sticker shock when they see how much a new 16 digit a/n plasma display goes for now. There's lots of usable parts on your display still for people keeping the originals going.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Could probably sell to one of the many people who repair stuff, they are always in need of original parts. I imagine a lot of people get sticker shock when they see how much a new 16 digit a/n plasma display goes for now. There's lots of usable parts on your display still for people keeping the originals going.

Any suggestions on where to find them?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-scoreboard-issue?hl=benb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.