Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Arnie-and-Dennis-discuss-car-issues-wi.jpg
Untitled.jpg
WP_002526.jpg
#2 10 years ago

Your game is a Island game

#3 10 years ago

Cool, Is that good or bad? Do I have to drink margaritas while playing it?

#4 10 years ago

interesting way for an operator to label his games for sure.

#5 10 years ago

IMO. Really bad.

Quoted from DarkWizard:

Cool, Is that good or bad?

#6 10 years ago

Could you elaborate?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Could you elaborate?

I would say because it is not original. I wouldnt want that on my game either. It wouldnt be a deal breaker for me but it would affect the price I would pay for it...

#8 10 years ago

Looks like it's from Buenos Aires, Argentina: http://www.argentina-empresas.com.ar/san-nicol%C3%A1s-buenos-aires/video-juegos/san-nicolas-entretenimientos.html

Where did you get the game? Would have had to come from a re-import container buy at some point likely.

#9 10 years ago

Sure. I just think it looks really bad.

Quoted from DarkWizard:

Could you elaborate?

#11 10 years ago

Pretty sure the shooter lane is painted. There is a chance the writing on the back of the car is just on the mylar but I haven't looked that closely yet.

I got it from the guy on ebay that sells a bunch of project machines in New Jersey. I am slowly working on bringing it back to life. Where he got it from, I didn't ask.

As far as the look goes, I think the shooter lane actually looks kind of cool. If I really want, I am sure I can magic eraser it away. Probably the fact that I had no idea what it was saying helped that. I guess if it said "Bob's Country Amusements" I wouldn't be as accepting of it. Kind of funny I thought it had something to do with an Earthquake fault line, like maybe a make believe place or something and the number was the license plate of the car or something (I know it says "Flip Out", this was me trying to rationalize. I am fairly sure my subconscious already knew it was an operator tag of some kind... I was in denial lol.

The problem is, I am working on a budget, so I can't take out 2.5k from the bank on a whim to get a perfect pristine machine, but I can manage a couple hundred and then begin slowly sinking a hundred or so at a time on something. So I saw it on Ebay, and decided it was close enough to working that I could fix it (with the help of the forums here). Trust me a little paint in the shooter lane is the least of this machines problems, but I feel good that I saved her from the scrap heap or being parted out.

I am sure I paid much more than it was worth, I paid $900, but I think the boards are all ok and the shaker motor works, 98% of all the pf parts, power supply works... a semi decent pf. The cabinet is pretty bad, but it still does its job of being a big wooden box where all the actual parts are.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I got it from the guy on ebay that sells a bunch of project machines in New Jersey.

barrywnj? There's some threads on here and RGP about that dude. However, there's a lot of people that have dealt with him with no issue too, so I'm not saying all bad.

Quoted from DarkWizard:

I am sure I paid much more than it was worth, I paid $900, but I think the boards are all ok and the shaker motor works, 98% of all the pf parts, power supply works... a semi decent pf. The cabinet is pretty bad, but it still does its job of being a big wooden box where all the actual parts are.

$900 for that game with everything you mentioned doesn't sound bad at all to me. ES is a great game and if the operator tags don't bother you any, then who cares really. I agree that a little magic eraser could clean it up nicely too if you wanted, and it's on the shooter lane, so no precious artwork to worry about really. Enjoy!

#13 10 years ago

Yup, that's the guy. He seemed fair to me. I drove down and talked to him personally and inspected the machine... of course I was in purchase mode so it would have taken something pretty big to turn me off at that point.

Was kind of like this... just with a pinball machine. Arnie-and-Dennis-discuss-car-issues-wi.jpgArnie-and-Dennis-discuss-car-issues-wi.jpg

#14 10 years ago

It's not.

Quoted from DarkWizard:

I think the shooter lane actually looks kind of cool.

That sounds like a good idea. With no art there, I'm not sure you have anything to loose.

Quoted from DarkWizard:

If I really want, I am sure I can magic eraser it away.

If it was, I would remove the mylar. I just removed the mylar from my ES and it came out great.

Quoted from DarkWizard:

There is a chance the writing on the back of the car is just on the mylar but I haven't looked that closely yet.

If you can rid the shooter lane of the graffiti, and remove the mylar to get rid of the marks in the game, you should be in good shape.

Mylar removal is risky though. It has nothing to do with being good or not at it, sometimes the insert decals come up with it. In your case, I would do it. I had moderate to severed bubbling at every insert on the lower half of the play field. I left the mylar around the pops, it looks good.

#15 10 years ago

Thank you all for your opinions and input. Much appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-san-nicolas-entretenimientos-tel30172 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.