6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by smoothcharacter
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anidor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

A while back, the shaker motor and all 3 pop bumpers stopped working on my ES. Finally getting around to fixing it now. Everything was fine one day, then the next day I turn on the game and everything works except the pop bumpers don't fire (they still score points when contacted, but the coils don't pop) and the shaker motor doesn't shake anymore. I checked all the fuses, and can't find a problem there. None of them fire in the diagnostic mode either, so I'm thinking I have a board issue somewhere. Haven't dug into it too deeply yet, but thought I would check here to see if anyone has experienced this issue and can point me in the right direction and save me some time. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

#3 6 years ago

Already did that, fuses were pulled and checked with my dmm, and are good.

#5 6 years ago

I thought of that, haven't had a chance to check them yet, but what are the odds of all three pops and the shaker transistor all failing simultaneously?

I will check those though, thanks.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

Very close to zero.
Take a DC voltage reading at the pops. If you read 0V, then you either have a connector problem or a fuse problem. (Unless your slings are also dead and you just didn't notice it, then you could have a power supply problem.)
And I mean read from each leg of the pop coil to ground, NOT from one lug to the other.

The slings are good, I can play the game normally, except for the pops and shaker. Everything else works. I'll check the voltage at the coils and see what I find. Thanks.

#9 6 years ago

Thanks for the input Spaceman. I don't think the brushes are the main cause of the issue, don't see how that could impact the pops at the same time, but it couldn't hurt to check while I'm digging around in there.

#11 6 years ago

I checked briefly last night, and got no voltage at the coils, and traced the red/white all the way back up to J11, and I couldn't measure any voltage at pin 11 either. I'm guessing it's an issue on the aux power board. Didn't have time to pull it and check further, but will do that next. Thanks. Any other thoughts are still welcome though!

2 months later
#15 6 years ago

Rick, check the contact at J11 and double check Fuse F3. I found 2 issues with mine, F3 fuse was bad (even though I checked it out of the holder once the first time around and it tested ok) and I also had a bad connection at the base of J11 where the red/white wire makes contact. Fixed that and put a new fuse in to F3 and everything worked again. I'm guessing the bad contact at J11 caused F3 to go bad, since it tested ok the first time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Buffalo, NY
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bristol, TN
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anidor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside