Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Bwilson
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bohdi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I passed on it.
    Pf was worn in spots. Bottom half of display was out. Thing was filthy. Broken plastics. Adjust failure (didn't see acid) but likely just batteries.
    Need a shopping BAD.
    I offered 1200 but they wanted 1500. Just didn't think it was worth it.

Probably a wise decision John. Between a new display, plastics, full shopout with rubber, maybe some posts etc and PF wear, i don't think it'd be worth it. I rushed into a Cyclone a few years because i really wanted one, and they weren't easy to find so i grabbed a local one when it popped up. Overpaid and dumped about 400 into it. Sold it for what i paid for it about a year later.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Exactly.
    What's hard about it is walking away when you see that pin all dirty and needing love. That's the part of the hobby I love. Bringing the thing back to life.
    It was hard walking away and hope they call and accept my 1200$ offer.

I hope they accept your offer @1200. I know it's only 300.00, but it would make a world of difference TO ME to save that much, and to put it back into the game. I too really enjoy "bringing" them back to life. Enjoy it more than playing sometimes. Plus, full teardown on a ES doesn't like a ton of fun to me. I've done a few system 11's, but this one looks a bit more complicated. If they don't accept your offer, i'm sure another will pop up. Good Luck John....

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

Needing a display kinda sucks to be sure, but the rest of the stuff is par for the course in my experience. Full shop out and a little touchup is needed on most every game I have ever bought. New plastics and ramps are usually needed, or you have to settle for a chip and a crack here and there and yellowing plastics. Not trying to be argumentative, but 1500 don't sound too out of hand to me. The seller will likely get what he is asking or close. I base this opinion on a PF that has a couple of wear spots and not a blown out PF.

No, 1500 isn't out of hand by any stretch for this title. Is somewhat hard to give an ideal opinion without seeing the machine though. You probably have a bit better idea than most on these era of games since you've owned(own) a fair share Dean

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

Look at it this way Scott. If a 1500 dollar ES popped up on the Minneapolis CL, I would be all over it like stink on shit, but I would be 4th in line if the add was 2 hrs old. Maybe other areas would be less competative, I don't know. I do know that Blackbeard has bought a lot of nice system 11 games over the years and knows what he is doing too.

Yeah i agree Dean. Pretty hard to find a WW, ES, TAXI or any other popular System 11 around here, no matter what the price. Little easier out there on the East coast. I'm sure John made the right call on this one, cuz as you said, he know's what he's doing. Maybe he'll get lucky and they'll accept his offer, or maybe take 1300.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bohdi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-price-check?tu=bohdi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.