Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pindude80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I recently bought an Earthshaker. The text on a few of the inserts near the flippers is worn most of the way off. The previous owner said there are "waterslide" decals available to fix the missing insert text. I looked around and was able to find these decals from Classic Arcades: https://classic-arcades.com/shop?keywords=earthshaker&olsPage=products%2Fdr-who-insert-decals I don't see any mention of these being "waterslide" decals.

I've never done an insert decal. What is the procedure for doing it? Would I remove the remaining text that is on the insert, lay down the decal then mylar over it?

#2 3 years ago

The decal is printed on mylar, you can use water to slide on, or just stick on.
Yes need to remove old remaining text.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

The decal is printed on mylar, you can use water to slide on, or just stick on.
Yes need to remove old remaining text.

Cool, thanks for the info! What is the best way to remove the old text?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-playfield-insert-decals?hl=wdennie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.