• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017-05-22 07.15.50.jpg
image1 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

To anyone in possession of an Earthshaker, I just need a few minutes of time from one of you please! I am trying to begin a restore but can't get past a seemingly simple and frustrating step. I have looked and researched everywhere I know, and cannot find a part and wondered if someone could look at yours, take a photo, and measure dimensions of something. It is the fuse holder that goes in the hole pictured below in the power source box inside the cabinet. The holder is missing, and the manual says it needs an 8amp 125v slowblow fuse. I can get a fuse easy enough, but they come in varying diameters and lengths, and I cannot find a plugin type twist fuse holder that holds one and fits into the plug hole. A photo and dimensions of original or replacement holder and fuse will be greatly appreciated!

image1 (resized).JPGimage1 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Remove the fuse assembly and take it to your local electronics store
and see if they can help.

#3 6 years ago

I would recommend a new holder like the one Marco sells. Its missing because that design breaks easily. Those are the push in and twist type. People would twist it but not push it in.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from GoChiefs70:

It is the fuse holder that goes in the hole pictured below in the power source box inside the cabinet. The holder is missing, and the manual says it needs an 8amp 125v slowblow fuse.

EDIT: Nevermind, Lloyd already answered this question in your first thread about it.

#5 6 years ago

Sincere thanks to the suggestions. However, here is why I asked if anyone could send pic/dimensions of the actual holder and actual fuse in their working Earthshaker. I have been to RadioShack and an electronics store several times, tried several fuse holders just like the ones on the Marco site. The problem is that they all have a different diameter and length, as do fuses, and the length of the holder and protruding portion of fuse must be just right. With trial and error I have not yet found the right combo. The ones on Marco give no dimensions. If anyone has this information, I am forever grateful. Thanks!!

#6 6 years ago

Same size and length as a glass car fuse from the 70s.

#7 6 years ago

Marco has the 1 1/4" x 1/4" standard fuse holder. The same dimensions as every other fuse in your game. Problem solved.

#8 6 years ago

Yes, I am aware of this, and yes, have already tried it and it is not the right size. That is why I am asking a specific Earthshaker owner or maybe another system 11b game to measure and take a photo of the actual holder and fuse. The power supply box is smaller and different than all other games I own. Problem is not solved unfortunately. I think the fuse is 5x20mm, which is different from other fuses in the game.

#9 6 years ago

This is from the box on my Earthshaker. The fuse is 1 1/4" x 1/4.

If you want pictures of my box ( ), PM me your email address.

2017-05-22 07.15.50.jpg2017-05-22 07.15.50.jpg

1 week later
#10 6 years ago

Thank you for finally giving me the info I need! Greatly appreciated!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.