(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by caldwert
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#615 6 years ago

Hi ... I am new to the club
Bought a very very nice ES for a horrible price (nearly the same I paied 10 years ago for a MM ... grmhhhhhh).
However ... I will install a "sinking building" soon. On eBay is a set listed but until arrival in Germany we are on 450 Dollar ... 400 EURO. I have access to
lasercut CNC and welding equipment, also 3D printer is available. I would like to make my own set.
Has anybody a *.dxf file for the main housing and a source for the motor ? I found similar motors in Germany but they are way larger.

Maybe someone can help out.

2 weeks later
#625 6 years ago

Mail recieved ... hopefully this time I will get an Gold as ordered ...
What i saw .. on my playfield in the machine there is right between the flipperfingers 2 circles. In original playfield they are not printed, wood to see. On the repros from the original film there is also print in the rings.

Also the two wooden points/circles under the flipper bats are missing.
Mine is not an earlie or proto.

IMGP0311 (resized).jpgIMGP0311 (resized).jpg
esplaf04 (resized).jpgesplaf04 (resized).jpg

IMGP0308 (resized).jpgIMGP0308 (resized).jpg

#635 6 years ago

Mine will also arrive here in Germany on monday !!

#637 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Hi ... I am new to the club
Bought a very very nice ES for a horrible price (nearly the same I paied 10 years ago for a MM ... grmhhhhhh).
However ... I will install a "sinking building" soon. On eBay is a set listed but until arrival in Germany we are on 450 Dollar ... 400 EURO. I have access to
lasercut CNC and welding equipment, also 3D printer is available. I would like to make my own set.
Has anybody a *.dxf file for the main housing and a source for the motor ? I found similar motors in Germany but they are way larger.
Maybe someone can help out.

No one ?!

#642 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

No one has made the housing design public, I was going to build one out of Lego, and share the process. But I have had no time

Good idea .. a friend of mine made one out of wood, it looks creepy under the playfield but ... it works.
So far we started to make 3D files for the housing for CNC-cutting via laser. Ordered also some motors to test.
The friend is using a 30 dollar motor, but there are also cheaper motors on the market. Will see.
Next week I will bring in the new playfield ... thats more important right now

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Thank you! I pulled the cloudy mylar off and gave it a good waxing. Plays like brand new.

Congratulation for removing the mylar without killing the print on the inserts !
This happens very very often ... I also removed my mylar, the print was on the inserts still okay but the black windows around the inserts lost a little color ... after finishing removal ... CPR wrote that the playfields are ready to shio .... OK ... so now I am changing the playfield and will hopefully , be ready middle of the week ...

#654 5 years ago

Some pics after playfield and plastics swap ....

P1020791 (resized).JPGP1020791 (resized).JPG

P1020797 (resized).JPGP1020797 (resized).JPG

P1020805 (resized).JPGP1020805 (resized).JPG

P1020811 (resized).JPGP1020811 (resized).JPG

P1020771 (resized).JPGP1020771 (resized).JPG

P1020767 (resized).JPGP1020767 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#660 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

FYI - I never got an update e-mail, but apparently, there are problems with this run of backglasses and they are dropping the price/offering refunds.
http://www.classicplayfields.com/esglass.html
My original is nice, other than some colors (flesh tones, green) are badly faded. What to do?

Very bad for CPR but: It is great that they state this and make a new price. Now people know what to expect !
My glass ist perfect but the whole machine was way overprized here in germany, however ... this backglasses are great replacement for destroyed glasses and will keep some machines alive ... Good job in it all !!

5 months later
#692 5 years ago

Same to me .. I have WhiWi and ES side-by-side. WhiWi is a keeper for many many years and will last at our home.
ES is pretty fun and I enjoy all Lawlor machines and, for any reason, collect mostly this kind of pinballs.
WhiWi has much more options and shot, so its my favorite. However ... ES is a great game but much simpler.

3 months later
#736 5 years ago

Yep ...

P1020397 (resized).JPGP1020397 (resized).JPGP1020640 (resized).JPGP1020640 (resized).JPGP1020792 (resized).JPGP1020792 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#744 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

is that bottom pic a cpr pf? looks very very clean

Yes it is.

3 months later
#777 4 years ago

I am sorry but in the video you fu*** up the print on the inserts completely while removing the mylar !
So this is a guide how to destroy the playfield and not a "how to".
I removed the mylar with ice spray and than SOLVENT 50 for the glue. So *NO* insert was damaged.

Pics:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a0voi5n1wryom1e/AABwMTbAPIe9qkyT8gewjOrSa?dl=0

The playfield is still for sale, but this is an other story

Quoted from JamesUK:

Couple of updates, installing 6264 NVRAM into the game
https://www.theukpinballclub.co.uk/projects-repairs-and-maintenance/earthshaker/installing-6264-nvram-in-a-system-11-pinball-eartshaker/
Preparing the playfield using the heat method for mylar
https://www.theukpinballclub.co.uk/projects-repairs-and-maintenance/earthshaker/earthshaker-system-11-playfield-preperation/
Will be using Vids awesome guide to help me through the next stage... airbrusing!!!

1 month later
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Also does anyone have a backglass that's in good shape they want to sell.

CPR re-made them some years ago. Maybe hunt for such a repro glas.

1 month later
#813 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I still need a motor replacement for my shaker

I have a original overhauled motor here , 25 EURO plus ... shipping from Germany. Think shipping will kill the deal ...

On eBay 79 Dollar

ebay.com link: PINBALL SHAKER MOTOR FOR Earthshaker Roadshow Harley Gladiators by Johnson

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=tomdk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.