(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by caldwert
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronswanson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from C_S_S:

I joined the club yesterday. Had everything up and running well one I got it setup and played it a lot yesterday. Came in this morning and was greeted with a buzz and only gi lighting came up. I’ve found a blown fuse on the F4, 7 A fuse on the power supply. Had a new one to install and watched that one blow as well. Any tips on where to identify the issue? Any help would be appreciated.

I had a similar problem on Earthshaker and found that as soon as I heard the buzz, if I immediately turned the game off and then back on again, it would work fine. I ended up replacing the capacitor at C30 on the MPU and fixed the problem.

2 months later
#714 5 years ago

Earthshaker is a great game. I can help with a few of these questions:

- Does all of the playfield and gi lighting normally go dark when you enter the cellar? - Yes

- Does the gi switch off (with relay switch sound) during attract mode when the lights "shimmer?" - Yes

And then switch back on when attract mode goes from "shimmering" to the next mode? - Yes

- The relay boards for the gi have burn on the smaller connector with the brown(?) Wire. I believe f2 and f3 are blown. Should I replace the fuses and see what happens, or give it a try with the burned connectors to see how long the fuse lasts? - Probably be useful if you could post some pictures.

#715 5 years ago

I'm looking for two replacement parts for my zone opener assembly. The actuator and opener have worn against each other so much there is some wiggle, which allows California to separate a bit too much from Nevada. They are out of stock at Marco's and Flippers and nothing on eBay. Any ideas on where/how to get replacements?

A-12431 Actuator
02-4351 Shaft Zone Opener

ES actuator (resized).PNGES actuator (resized).PNGES opener (resized).PNGES opener (resized).PNG
5 months later
#782 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

guys what way does the metal angle plate on the bottom of the earthquake institute go? I forgot to take photo before drilling out the rivets DOH
is this correct?
thx[quoted image]

Does this help?

IMG_20190622_201651957 (resized).jpgIMG_20190622_201651957 (resized).jpg
#783 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Quick question, is there supposed to be a cushion in the back of the Shelter/extra ball/lock scoop? I am getting a decent number of rejections from that's scoop when I hit it square, it's just bouncing hard off the back of the scoop.

Mine does not have a cushion in that spot and I don't have ball rejection problem.

7 months later
#930 4 years ago

Did you replace the capacitor at C30 on the MPU? It's right next to the battery holder. I had a nearly identical problem and replacing that cap fixed it.

3 months later
#1002 3 years ago

Posting for future generations - I needed part 20-8790-13 ("Nyliner bearing") for the Zone Opener Assembly. Missing this part leads to too much slop in the opener, which can cause the fault to get stuck open. There was no useful information on Pinside about it and none of the online pinball shops had this part number listed. I reached out to several of them, and even the manufacturer (Nyliner), but none of them could offer a replacement suggestion. I ended up buying several sizes and found that 20-8790-5 was a perfect fit. It is listed as 1/2 inch, but is actually just a bit smaller (0.4375 inches).

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-8790-5

Capture Zone Opener (resized).JPGCapture Zone Opener (resized).JPG
2 years later
#1436 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

In a 2 pin collection do you think ES and WW would be a good fit?

I think they are too similar for a small collection. Better to have more variety.

2 weeks later
#1472 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

First ... comet light order!

Amen!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronswanson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=ronswanson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.