(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by caldwert
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roffels.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1086 3 years ago

Hey everyone, I just got my first Earthshaker yesterday.

I'm curious if there's consensus on the sign placement for the center ramp, should it be positioned with the left bracket on the first post or the 2nd post? Thanks!

center ramp sign (resized).jpgcenter ramp sign (resized).jpg
#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

2, square to the ramp entrance.

It certainly looks better that way. I received it in position 1. Photos on IPDB and Pinside are inconsistent.

#1093 3 years ago

Sorry to be a bother, I'm sure I'll have more questions. These sound roms are labeled "PROTO" - is there any reason to replace these with a later release? I'm aware a family version was released later, but curious if there were other revisions that were notable.

If my main rom chips are labeled REV 1, is that the same as the prototype or sample games with the sinking building code?

proto sound roms (resized).jpgproto sound roms (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1103 3 years ago

Anyone have the Earthshaker CPR plastics? I'm just curious if your reproductions look fuzzy compared to the originals, or I got a bad print. I got these recently, the top plastic is the original, the bottom is the reproduction.

earthshaker plastics (resized).jpgearthshaker plastics (resized).jpg

#1105 3 years ago

Thank you. I spoke with Kevin at CPR, he said that's just the nature of direct digital prints. I got lumped in with the playfield CSI ultra zoom crowd, but in all honestly it looks off from several feet away and I thought I was having eye issues because of how fuzzy it looks. Guess I'm just sensitive to it.

#1109 3 years ago

Alright, another question. I can't seem to make a full shot through the spiral ramp. I ordered a red spring from Marcos, and still can't make it all the way through. Anyone else have this issue or use an alternative shooter spring?

#1112 3 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

I’m not using a red spring (can’t remember what is in it) and can make it all the way through about one time in 20 on a full pull. Make sure your shooter rod is lined up with the ball.

Thanks - that's where I was at with my previous spring. I'll check alignment and will check my levels 8bitrobo and update my post if I get it figured out.

#1113 3 years ago

I took apart the shooter housing and replaced the sleeve. That helped me realize the shooter rod is slightly bent. Guess I need to put in another parts order.

1 week later
#1114 3 years ago

Maybe not the appropriate place to ask, but has anyone here installed the Starship Fantasy right repro ramp?

I've heard people needing to dremel the ramp to get it fit right, can you share what that entails? I assume just grinding away at the side of the ramps near the entrance? Bottom too?

I've never used a dremel tool before, and don't want to mess up my new shiny ramp. Thank you!

#1116 3 years ago

Thank you Pencilneck! I definitely would not have attempted to cut that pop bumper without your suggestion.

I'm slowly getting this put back together. It's been more trouble that I expected, with the metal ramp protector/ball stop on the left ramp not lining up, and both main and right ramp's not lining up with the various mounts. I'm crossing my fingers it plays ok once it's all back together.

Here's an odd one too - the right ramp's decal is about an inch shorter than what I had installed, with the part number cut off. I figured I just had a poorly cut decal, but on Marcos site, their replacement looks the same. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1485-568-4

20210207_153641 (1) (resized).jpg20210207_153641 (1) (resized).jpg20210207_201727 (resized).jpg20210207_201727 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#1141 2 years ago

Hope these help

20210522_135934 (resized).jpg20210522_135934 (resized).jpg20210522_140016 (resized).jpg20210522_140016 (resized).jpg20210522_140021 (resized).jpg20210522_140021 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1178 2 years ago

My Earthshaker still has the original production ROM - anyone know of the differences between L-1 and L-3? If the original is running fine, should I just leave it?

#1180 2 years ago

Thanks, I'll save my $20.

1 month later
#1198 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I pulled my playfied to make some adjustments. When pulling everything back in I spotted this loose wire. Any idea where it's supposed to go?
[quoted image]

If I was a betting person, I'd bet somewhere on this connector with no wires on it.

missing wire (resized).pngmissing wire (resized).png
#1199 2 years ago
20210808_142941 (resized).jpg20210808_142941 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#1227 2 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

I need some advice on how to increase the strength of my shooter lane plunger. I have installed 10-148-2 Shooter Spring Red Highest Tension 8/8 and the ball will still not make it the full way round the skill shot. Any advice.

Make sure the shooter rod is hitting the ball dead center

3 months later
#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Instead of decals, I've been repainting my worn cabinet. So far I think it is coming out well. We'll see.
Good luck with your restore!!
[quoted image]

That looks great! My cabinet is rough and I don't have the tools or confidence to tackle fixing it up. Did you make custom stencils?

20220309_203154 (resized).jpg20220309_203154 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#1346 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

I'm new to the club and foolishly thought I could take off the upper back left (skillshot) ramp without removing the playfield. I wanted to clean back there and swap out GI bulbs while awaiting a new rubber kit for the game. I quickly realized that it doesn't seem possible to do a shop out of the back of the playfield without actually pulling the playfield. Anyone out there ever do it without removing the playfield?
Also curious if anyone has any advise on what to use to place the playfield on after it is removed? I do not have a playfield "rotisserie" or much space for one, so looking for ideas.

I don't recommend doing this, but i took the rear legs off my game and just had my playfield leaning up against a wall. For months. But sometimes I'd wakeup at night worrying the whole thing would crash. Thankfully that never happened.

#1353 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Yeah... That sounds WAY easier than what me (and most other techs) do... .

That's why I didn't recommend doing it my way Inexperience sucks.

2 weeks later
#1399 1 year ago
Quoted from mozach:

Got a replacement plastic set the other day. This plastic was included and I can’t find it on my game. Any idea where it’s supposed to go? It’s about an inch long
[quoted image]

I don't recall seeing that one in my tear down. Only black plastic I remember was under the spiral ramp between the inlanes, but that one had rounded edges and two screw holes.

2 weeks later
#1423 1 year ago
Quoted from rmillman:

Anyone put LEDs in the building? Trying to decide if I should change out. If so, what did you use and are you happy with the choice?

I did, and I'm not a fan. Haven't been super motivated to change it to warm white though. Numbers are color coordinated to their playfield inserts.

20220615_183527 (resized).jpg20220615_183527 (resized).jpg

#1453 1 year ago

I have an intermittent issue with Earthshaker and I'm trying to sort out if it's software or hardware.

Sometimes, when I get the 1 million "quick multiball" jackpot, the game does its lightshow, but the GI does not come back on until one of the two balls drain. Has anyone else experienced this, and is it a software issue or a hardware issue? If hardware, should I be looking at the relays?

#1457 1 year ago

Speaking of rom revisions, anyone know what the differences are between them? Family version omits "bitchin", but other than that, I've had a hard time finding documentation. Mine appears to be running the first revision code and I'm not sure if it's worth upgrading or not.

1 week later
#1473 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Coming home Monday ....
In this club finally ...
First ... comet light order!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hell yeah, welcome! Also yes, depuke that ASAP

2 weeks later
#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The lower gi is occasionally out on my Earthshaker. I have narrowed it down to the relay switch under the playfield. Can I take the cover off and clean the contacts inside or should it be replaced? Any suggestions?

I recently replaced the diodes on the relay switches - occasionally the GI wouldn't come back on after a light show and that seemed to fix it.

2 months later
#1610 1 year ago
Quoted from Andypc:

I am lucky as my CPR Earthshaker playfield is really nice, but I have to agree CPR plastics for Earthshaker are really not good with poor colours and they chip/flake really badly. Has anyone been able to order a better quality full plastic set from anywhere?

The plastics are also really blurry compared to the originals. I emailed CPR asking if they were supposed to look like that or if it was a bad batch and was told I'm doing "CSI shit" by taking close-up photos. Not really impressed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roffels.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=roffels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.