(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,303 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#392 7 years ago

Almost there. This one's been down for a while, but it's the final stretch. Once I get all those new ramps on there and put the sinking institute back, this one's gonna be sweet!

DSCN5174 (resized).JPGDSCN5174 (resized).JPG

#394 7 years ago

I haven't got that far yet but I took some while I was tearing it down.

DSCN4739 (resized).JPGDSCN4739 (resized).JPG

DSCN4725 (resized).JPGDSCN4725 (resized).JPG

DSCN4740 (resized).JPGDSCN4740 (resized).JPG

#395 7 years ago

OK , I see what you are talking about now. The top of the slingshot uses a taller post. On the left one the ramp bracket sits flat on the slingshot plastic. However the other post between the inlane and outlane that the bracket sits on is shorter so there are three fat washers on that threaded post to even it out. Unfortunately I broke that post and the only one I have that will work for now fits two washers. The right habitrail sits on top of the plastic.

Also the new plastic set came with three sizes of tree tops. Mine only had the small one on the left and the large one on the right. Is there a place for that mid size one?

DSCN5183 (resized).JPGDSCN5183 (resized).JPG
DSCN5181 (resized).JPGDSCN5181 (resized).JPG
DSCN5182 (resized).JPGDSCN5182 (resized).JPG

#398 7 years ago

That's the way it was when I tore it down. And the manual only shows one of the larger size so that's the way I put it back. I did use a tighter ring though. Always install that upper flipper before installing that ramp.

#400 7 years ago

I was up pretty late trying to get this one done. After it was all back together I still needed to do some board work after a few Jack and cokes to get the display fully working. Woke up this morning and it's ready to go back in the line-up. All new ramps and plastics too.

Most of you probably know, a complete tear down and shop out on this one is a pretty big job. Glad it's done!

DSCN5184 (resized).JPGDSCN5184 (resized).JPG

DSCN5187 (resized).JPGDSCN5187 (resized).JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#402 7 years ago

The top post is longer so the sling plastics sit at a slight angle. The only place for washers is on the left post that supports the ramp. And on mine there was three.

#404 7 years ago

This Earthshaker plays good. Fast as heck and no air balls. I'm going to go play some more.

DSCN5188 (resized).JPGDSCN5188 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#409 7 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

How do you even begin to get the middle ramp off?

It's easiest to get the playfield out of it's hinges, pick it up and move it back out of the cabinet a bit to start. Removing the institute gives you a place to grab along with the apron.

I took mine apart without doing that but knew I would have to do it to put it back together.

#410 7 years ago

It's not an easy maneuver but it makes working on the top rear of the playfield much easier. You need to disconnect the ramp wiring under the playfield and push the connectors on through. You can pull it out quite a bit but don't go past the cabinet pivot and support the front over something solid.

#411 7 years ago

Darn plaster's coming off the walls from Earthshaker.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.