(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,309 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by caldwert
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mozach.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone have any leads on obtaining the sinking building mod?

https://www.basementarcade.com/Project%20Es%20Moving%20Institute.html

I got one a couple of months ago. It’s awesome

2 months later
#1324 1 year ago

Does anyone have the diagram showing the rubber locations? I see the list in the manual, but not where they go.

2 weeks later
#1370 1 year ago

I got a CPR backglass yesterday. Love the colors but it’s not mirrored the way the original is. Meaning I can’t see my reflection in things like his sunglasses. For anyone that has one, is this the way they all are?

3EE01926-7204-49DD-A09F-2CF519A38EC5 (resized).jpeg3EE01926-7204-49DD-A09F-2CF519A38EC5 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1398 1 year ago

Got a replacement plastic set the other day. This plastic was included and I can’t find it on my game. Any idea where it’s supposed to go? It’s about an inch long

21BC0952-9440-4FBC-A644-19832AC41DEB (resized).jpeg21BC0952-9440-4FBC-A644-19832AC41DEB (resized).jpeg
#1400 1 year ago
Quoted from roffels:

I don't recall seeing that one in my tear down. Only black plastic I remember was under the spiral ramp between the inlanes, but that one had rounded edges and two screw holes.

Thanks. That other black plastic is included. This one is just a mystery. It’s definitely not in my game. I guess it really doesn’t matter though

1 month later
#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Thanks everyone! I've shopped out games before, including some doozies like Capcom's Airborne, but it really seems like this is built differently.
I'll just have to go for it I guess. Will take lots of photos and hope for the best. I appreciate the links to other's photos.
Chris

I hear you. This is the first time I’ve ever stripped down a playfield. It’s redecaled and ready to be put back together. Should be fun.

1451ACF3-BCF8-4617-B424-3DEDCE38DE37 (resized).jpeg1451ACF3-BCF8-4617-B424-3DEDCE38DE37 (resized).jpeg2C683B4F-83B8-469F-B460-A5482ED0E9EB (resized).jpeg2C683B4F-83B8-469F-B460-A5482ED0E9EB (resized).jpeg446F5287-71B9-46CF-B219-83C26D741CE8 (resized).jpeg446F5287-71B9-46CF-B219-83C26D741CE8 (resized).jpegE3CE970C-194B-4AB7-A5FF-FA87D47954F2 (resized).jpegE3CE970C-194B-4AB7-A5FF-FA87D47954F2 (resized).jpeg
#1525 1 year ago

Long shot here but anyone know where this metal L bracket goes on the game. It’s about an inch long. Could be anywhere. I’m putting the game back together and of course I can’t find it in any pics. Everything else is accounted for

DB32E468-E96F-46C2-B8FF-46520B110941 (resized).jpegDB32E468-E96F-46C2-B8FF-46520B110941 (resized).jpeg
#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from rmillman:

Good question. It's a tricky one, I've provided a picture. It goes inside of the subway, I'm guessing to protect it, or else to help with alignment. [quoted image]

Awesome. That's it!

#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from rmillman:

Impressive that's the only piece you can't figure out. I'm almost done putting mine together and I think I have a few unknowns that I will have to go back and look for.
BTW, there are a couple of grounding wires (bare) that come from the cabinet to the head, I cannot remember where they attach, if you can check that for me, it would be great.

I just have one coming up from the cabinet to the head and it’s connected on the post on the bottom left.

Quoted from PinballGalore:

Can anyone point me to the correct stud/bumper post for this spot where the yellow rubber goes?
Thnx
[quoted image]

That should just be the bumper post with 6-32 on top and bottom. But I don’t see that exact one on pinball life

Here’s the current state of my game. Just a couple of tweaks and it’s all done. Finally

9B92A97E-0346-4BB7-9044-232A2C0BEEE6 (resized).jpeg9B92A97E-0346-4BB7-9044-232A2C0BEEE6 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#1639 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

This one was about a 1-1/2 - 2 years ago. Maybe the new runs are different now?

I got one a couple of months ago and it’s not mirrored. It’s definitely disappointing. I just stuck with the original that I had.

#1641 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

CPR’s site description says mirrored. Their pics are just silver. I see the are not offering mirrored or non-mirrored anymore. Has anyone reached out to Kevin at CPR? If you look at the ES speaker skin page that is my sample game shown in the pic. Like I said, older run? Disappointing now for sure for all the others.

I did. He didn’t say anything about them changing processes. The short story of what he told me was that the original process is not feasible so they use mirrored ink for the mirror layer.

2 months later
#1728 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Hello Earthshaker Pin people, hope everyone is doing great. I am restoring a machine which came to me in boxes of parts. Seriously. With the help of this page, and all the photos, I am been making progress getting this thing back together.
Several questions if I can: Where do these parts go???
Also, I am looking for a resource or alternative way to make the display masks. My Rottendog Display didn't have any. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
Side note for those looking for parts, I currently have several listing on Ebay:
Almost complete set of plastics (some new) and 3 ramps (used) and a subway (used)
Also an Interconnect Board with the typical issues you likely know.
thank you so much again for any help you can share....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That black plastic piece is a mystery. It comes with the complete set of CPR plastics but I never found what it replaced. I never used it. It looks like the piece that’s by the rollover lanes in the top left but it’s different.

#1729 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Hello Earthshaker Pin people, hope everyone is doing great. I am restoring a machine which came to me in boxes of parts. Seriously. With the help of this page, and all the photos, I am been making progress getting this thing back together.
Several questions if I can: Where do these parts go???
Also, I am looking for a resource or alternative way to make the display masks. My Rottendog Display didn't have any. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
Side note for those looking for parts, I currently have several listing on Ebay:
Almost complete set of plastics (some new) and 3 ramps (used) and a subway (used)
Also an Interconnect Board with the typical issues you likely know.
thank you so much again for any help you can share....

That metal piece could also be the piece that goes inside the subway. I believe it’s there for protection. You’d have to look under the playfield to see if you have it.

#1736 1 year ago
Quoted from rmillman:

Can someone tell me where this goes? This is a grounding wire that is attached to the base of the left side of the head of the cabinet. I'm guessing it should be used to hold the main board and ground it, but it's been a long time and I don't have that picture.
[quoted image]

Mine goes to the speaker

354DADD4-24EF-477E-93AB-1AADFC98A69B (resized).jpeg354DADD4-24EF-477E-93AB-1AADFC98A69B (resized).jpeg
#1737 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

I think Pinologist has it right, as it goes in the ramp (picture above).
Anyone have thoughts on the "Display Mask"?

The piece that goes in the ramp is different. Looking at that pic, you see the metal circle on the bottom. That is part of the metal that has the blue nub attached. It’s all one piece.

10 months later
#2175 5 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Trying to sort out the last issue with my restore.
ZONE 6
1) In switch test manually moving the gate triggers switch
2) in switch test manually sending a ball through the gate triggers the switch
3) all balls in start game lock first ball for multiball
ZONE 6 will not register when trying to get to second ball lock
Any assistance would be appreciated.

With glass off, can you get it to register by hand during gameplay?

#2183 5 months ago
Quoted from tylery85:

I tried to search the forum and this thread specifically, but didn't find much on this topic. I've always had issues going all the way up the spiral ramp and returning down the left ramp. My machine had many issues when I got it and after rectifying the most crucial I have worked my way down to my spiral ramp. Unless I have my machine at a very low angle I have trouble getting the ball to make it to the top and come down the left ramp. My first observation was that I had a blue spring in the shooter lane, which I understand is a little stronger than factory and can only think that the previous owner added it to help 'fix' the issue. Considering that, it made me further question why I didn't have enough power to proceed to the top of the spiral ramp. I took the glass off and started shooting ball after ball to see the experience on the way up. I noticed the ball getting jarred away from the outside of the spiral somewhere between the first drop hole and second, where it then struggled to get to, let alone go past, the third hole drop. I took a look and sure enough my second drop hole has a crack starting at the top and working its way further up along the bottom right seam of the ramp. I can press down on that portion to completely separate the bottom part of the ramp from the right side and unless the ball goes so fast to avoid any connection with the upper part of the second hole, it will hit it, pushing it down, and prevent it from having enough speed to make it past the third hole.
I have a worthpoint account where I can view previously sold ebay auctions and between that and google, it seems like the most common issue with the spiral ramp is the second drop hole being cracked, which makes sense when you consider a heavy steel ball smashing it over and over.
I guess I have two questions. 1) I've heard reproduction ramps are thicker than stock and have their own issues because of which, but do these ramps have the same issue with the second hole cracking? and 2) is there a common method to fixing this crack or preserving a good spiral ramp to avoid this issue? Can I put it in place with super glue and smooth out any that surfaces in the way of the ball?
The photos show the crack at the top of the hole to the right and how as I press on it you can see it continues to open up the right part of the ramp, which I also imagine happens when a ball hits it. Thank you in advance! Please disregard how dirty the ramp is! It's all in progress.

The blue spring is actually the weakest. Earthshaker uses a red spring, the strongest. My guess is that’s the issue. But I’d still probably replace that ramp.

1 month later
#2213 3 months ago
Quoted from tylery85:

So I ordered the plunger spring set from Marcos after this discussion along with some other parts (broken target etc) and finally had some time tonight to go under the hood. I think what may have confused me, and honestly is still confusing me, is some overlap in parts between Marcos and Pinball Life. The quoted above is from pinball life, but this attached photo shows the spring kit numbers from Marcos and it doesnt line up. Is the discrepancy solely due to which colors each company uses? I don't like the idea that on the forums people will say a blue spring is weaker than a green, but that is only true for pinball life whereas with Marcos springs green seems to be weaker. Also, part number "266-5001-07" in my quote shows the color as orange whereas Marcos shows the same part number as blue. And with the quoted pinball life above some numbers are "10-148-#" and others are "266-5001-0#", where in the Marcos photo all have a "10-148-#" and only a few have what I would think would the "266-5001-0#" equivalent.
The comment I got was that Earthshaker uses the red springs, which seems to be the same between Marcos and Pinball life, but wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy in that the color may not be the same between companies and its best to rely on part number. The blue spring I had in my machine appears to be the same strength as the one I got from Marcos. Maybe I'm overlooking something here. Thanks.
[quoted image]

There is no difference between Marcos and pinball life. The part number difference is because one is Williams and the other is stern/data East. The 10- numbers are for Williams. Pinball life sorts it based on the stern strength. I think Marcos has a mistake on your packaging. Pinball life has it right. That part number is orange.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mozach.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=mozach and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.