(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by caldwert
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk1mod0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1684 1 year ago

Doing some light cleaning and repairs after the Houston Arcade Expo and I noticed the coil sleeve on the bottom upkicker was shot. After replacing it I cannot seem to properly adjust the assembly to work correctly. Is the "Y" switch under the upkicker ball cradle N/O? N/C? There is a small flathead screw where I can adjust the height of the cradle but not sure how it is supposed to go... Thanks in advance for any amplifying info and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Shawn

IMG_2885 (resized).JPGIMG_2885 (resized).JPG
#1689 1 year ago

Okay, a spring makes much more sense. So the switch is normally open and when a ball comes in it closes to let the machine know it is there to be kicked out(or held) and once the ball is kicked out the switch is open again. Is that right?

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

If you look at the switch you can tell if it’s open or closed in normal state. Is it not working? Coil not firing?

Um, not if it has been misadjusted...

Looked at the lower VUK and figured it out. Removed screw, added roll pin and spring. All is working fine again. Switch is N/O.

#1699 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

This will work much better for you

Works great now! The only bug I have left is to adjust the mech that splits the states. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Never really gotten a good look at it as I cannot remove the play field by myself. A friend will be coming by sometime in the near future to help me remove the play field so I can replace a stripped out leg bolt plate at the back of the cabinet and I will get a good look at it then. I've tried to mess with it with the playfield tilted up but cannot really see what is what.

2 months later
#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from rmillman:

You are correct, I did mean the left flipper. I'll have to go see what's going on with that. Maybe I didn't put together correctly.

States not latching open. I recently pulled my playfield, inspected all parts, installed fresh springs and got everything set just right. Reinstalled and it worked perfect for a dozen games or so. Now not latching again. Frustrating.

Shawn

1 week later
#1845 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

I was adding a target reinforcement and noticed that I have a large gap behind my yellow standup...am I missing something here? Did I miss installing a post here or something? Game plays fine and a ball would really never hit that spot anyway...just looks odd. Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

A5425603-5289-40A6-868C-083DEDE1148A (resized).jpegA5425603-5289-40A6-868C-083DEDE1148A (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#2052 10 months ago

Damn - he got more wire than me! LOL

2 weeks later
#2071 9 months ago

Okay, experts! I am doing an overhaul of the state split mech including chasing threads and getting fresh nuts where before there was none. No wonder it would be fine for awhile and then start messing up again. The manual pic shows two nuts, a lock washer and a fender washer where all I had was a single nut. Yikes. The only thing I can't resolve looking at pics here and elsewhere is collar up or collar down? (That's the Mantis version of the actuator arm.) TIA!

Shawn

IMG_3004 (resized).JPGIMG_3004 (resized).JPGIMG_3005 (resized).JPGIMG_3005 (resized).JPG
#2074 9 months ago

Well that's better! After a quick disassembly, cleaning and adjusting of the state split mech it works so well I am unaware it happens. So used to it making multiple attempts! Now its one click open and one click closed. I think the problem was more of an improper assembly from a previous owner than an actuator arm problem but it should now be good to go through the next couple owners...

IMG_8084 (resized).jpgIMG_8084 (resized).jpgIMG_8085 (resized).jpgIMG_8085 (resized).jpg
#2076 9 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is this easy to do. Usually I can figure things out as I take apart but wondered how much of a pain to troubleshoot.

The hardest part for me is removing the play field because you really need access to both sides. Adjustments can be made with the play field tilted up but to take it apart is a little more involved. The only reason I completely disassembled it was to chase the threads on the part that moves the actuator arm back and forth. The threads were pretty boogered and I could not move the nuts where I needed them to be.

If you are careful it can be done in the machine. The first step is to remove the two screws on top of the states. (The two side by side through the wireform, NOT the one holding the wire form.) Next, tilt up the play field all the way. Remove the two screws holding the switch in place and zip tie it out of the way. Then remove the two screws of the coil stop and remove the coil. Now you can remove the three screws holding the mech in the machine. They are on the bottom and cannot be seen without a mirror. You can remove them by feel but getting them back in is the tricky part. Some guys are better at that than me which is why I just take it out. (Besides, made it easier to do some overdue cleaning.) Once those three screws are out you can remove the whole thing and bench it. My screws were #6 hex heads and I replaced with #8 phillips. The holes were pretty sloppy and the mech needs to be tight to the play field to eliminate any extra play. Clean/adjust the mech and reverse the procedure to reinstall. The hardest thing will be to get the screws back in and then making sure the actuator is in the slot of the bar that moves the state back and forth. Easy, right? Good luck. I am happy to post pics if it will help.

Shawn

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk1mod0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=mk1mod0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.