(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,309 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by caldwert
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matthew2000tx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1006 3 years ago

Can someone post a photo of your Lower Ball Pop switch under the play field?I wanted to see how many attachment points it's got for soldering and how the diode is attached. I'm having issues with mine and only see two blades but my upper pop has 3 attachments points not two.

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Here you go
[quoted image]

Thanks this confirmed my switch is missing a solider tab! Thanks now I know what I need to order.

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

If you get two balls lined up in the lower vuk, does the second one impede the first? I've had this issue a few times and the first ball may not make it out of the vuk. Or when it does, the second ball gets pushed back slightly and gets hung up on switch 39 since it's moving so slowly.

No my issue is that the switch is stuck on when in diagnostics mode. Looks like one of the soldiering lugs broke off and a previous tech tried to hack a fix and failed.

#1012 3 years ago

Is the upper flipper the same size as the bottom 2? I need to replace mine. Based on the book's notes on the upper left it looks like it's a 2" flipper with a "2 inch mini-flipper bat with 4-1/16 inch long shaft. according that what marcos pulls up?

Looking at my machine it looks like it's all the same size flippers in mine.

1 week later
#1018 3 years ago

So I think my motor might have a bad spot and it looks like a previous owner tried to remove it because the set screws that holds the weights on the shaft has a broken part in it. I've tired to removed it..and there just is not enough there to grab. I bought a motor that should work if I could extract the old one from from the housing but also the noticed the screws holding the motor in are rounded so they too will need to be extracted. My motor works but some of the time when it stops in one spot it doesn't want to start again unless I help it with a screw driver to get spinning see the video: (I'm also having an problem with the motor being stuck on and looks like the aux power board is putting out 40V instead of 25v on it's circuit. But here is the video and you can see how it's getting stuck.

I replaced brushes already it didn't help the video is with the new brushes in it. I know if the video there are more than the motor issues going on here... the motor is stuck on and also as mentioned there is the issue with the over voltage of the Red and White wire attachment points at the Aux Power board.

At some point I'm thinking maybe I can just buy a new shaker motor assembly like this. My issue with using my replacement motor is the whole extraction from the housing:
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-b-for-most-stern-sam-system-games.html

If it's the same drive voltage/amps would this work as a replacement to the the original just adapt it to use the same High Current driver board? Basically looking to order this kit just for the motor and housing...has anyone done this? I don't know the specs of that motor but I might contact Pinball life to see. Does anyone know what the original Johnson motor is running at I think it's 12 V DC but not sure what the amp draw is.

2 months later
#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from ravve:

I am also looking for a complete shaker assembly, with brackets (the shaker driver board is not needed, only shaker motor with its assembly).
Please let me know if someone can sell me one!
Preferably in Europe.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK-535-6711&Category_Code=MOP

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MO-14-7951&Category_Code=GS-753

you would have to fabricate the weights

7 months later
#1134 2 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

just joined the club, great game, shots are fun to chain together.
having an issue where the fault line doesn't open some of the time. it tries to pop open but sometimes fails. known issue? easy fix? thanks.

I've been trying ask Marcos to make the parts for the fault however they said there isn't enough interest. It sure would be nice if we could get some of these parts. They did make the shaft with the flat disc but my fault lever that goes of to the moving plate is worn. I saw someone welded it and recut a slit in it. I might try that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matthew2000tx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=matthew2000tx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.