(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,303 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joey__p__1966.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#246 8 years ago

Hey , can I join ?????
I've had mine since 1995 ish It was built from 2 ES's, the guy I bought it from had two, and he took the best piece off of each game to build the best example he could. I played it for 20 years and finally stripped /refurbished/shopped it about a month ago. Pulled pf out and clearcoated with automotive clear. Replaced the spiral ramp, polished every metal part, cliffys on the ramps, repainted any wear/ball marks before clear. Original mirrored BG, and real nice cabinet. LED'd the GI and now want to LED the inserts . My wife was looking at my WW last night with LED inserts, and said" why don't you put those lights in your ES"? Good question, so I'm going to place an order and swap em out. I'll post a few pics of the shop out below.
Great Game, it ranks 2nd in my lineup behind TZ , super fast, just plain fun , and oooh Bitchin'!!!!!!!!!!! WW is new to me, so maybe I'll rank it higher later, but ES is here to stay.
JP

IMG_5526.jpgIMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5665.jpgIMG_5665.jpg

IMG_5703.jpgIMG_5703.jpg

IMG_5718.jpgIMG_5718.jpg

ES_finished.jpgES_finished.jpg

#247 8 years ago

BTW: anyone have a zone 1 plastic?, even an uncracked original used condition. Mine is homemade from a poor attempt using a inkjet printer and plexiglass ,sprayed white on the back. Looks just ok, if you have an extra for reasonable $, I'll gladly take it.
JP

2 months later
#257 8 years ago
Quoted from alec_p:

I'm trying to figure out what LED's to get (don't want a kit) - do I need to get non-ghosting for everything but the GI lights? (and are the backbox lights considered GI too? - so regular LED's are ok there too?)
For playfield GI I am thinking frosted warm white - I don't really like the blue/cool white LED coloring (or colors). What about backglass - non frosted would be best, right?
Is the general consensus to go to match the insert color for the insert lights? Or stick with white? I'm thinking non-ghosting LEDs would be critical here, and probably non-frosted would be best. Right?
If there is some sort of tutorial that discusses this stuff, feel free to pass it on.
Let me know if these questions aren't appropriate here (if so - sorry!)

I just finished mine, did a playfield pull out, strip down - repaint wear areas, automotive clear coat and rebuild with new spiral ramp.
The GI ,I did with cool white ,its a preference though, looks awesome. (Compare it to my TZ sitting beside it. The TZ is bone stock .)
I like the cool white , as it is bright and modern looking. Besides my Whirlwind beside it is done the same way, I bought it that way, they needed to look the same. Bottom pic is when GI cycled off in attract mode to get a pic of only inserts.
The inserts , I use coin taker premium frosted non ghosting. Here is what I used where:
Blue insert got Blue LED
Red Insert got Red LED
clear insert got (cool ) white LED
Yellow insert got warm white LED
Dark Yellow insert got warm white LED
Green insert got Green LED
Dark Orange insert got Orange LED's ,I ordered extra of each color, and played around with some oranges and red. Buy a couple of extra reds , I used them in the SPECIAL, SHOOT AGAIN, and JACKPOT , 6X LIGHT SPEC , Zone 9, and maybe the inlanes if I remember correctly.
I have my order handy I placed with CT, it you want me to post it up and use it as a guide, it has extras figured in though.
I attached some pics, certainly a game that looks good well lit, and it's a keeper in my collection.
JP

IMG_6326_(resized).JPGIMG_6326_(resized).JPG

IMG_6330_(resized).JPGIMG_6330_(resized).JPG

IMG_6337_(resized).JPGIMG_6337_(resized).JPG

#259 8 years ago

I just unhooked all of the edge connectors from the boards ( label them ) and pulled it up and out , with help from my wife, and put it in my clearcoat jig. Its not hard, just have a place to support it before you pull it out. I built a rotisserie just after i finished my ES to do my Space Station, I highly recommend that method .
JP

IMG_5703_(resized).JPGIMG_5703_(resized).JPG

IMG_2119_(resized).JPGIMG_2119_(resized).JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#266 8 years ago

New high score for me , owned the game since 1996 ish. Shopped over the fall, plays smooth as butter .
JP

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#285 7 years ago

Here is a thread i started a few months ago about using split rivets, no special tool needed, looks original, and have had no issues with at all. Hope it helps , Joey
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/found-new-type-rivet-to-install-flash-lamp-covers-to-plastics#post-2830314

5 months later
#343 7 years ago

I'm praying that someone will PM me with a ZONE 1 plastic to sell. I tried to find one last year when I finished the refurb with no luck, gonna ask again. Its the only piece I still need to complete this game. I have a crappy inkjet printed one in there that doesn't look good. Anyone wanna sell one to me ? Please ? see pic of what i need. Thanks
JP

ES plastic (resized).jpgES plastic (resized).jpg

#345 7 years ago

thanks Chosen_S, I think the repro set comes with two, hopefully someone has an extra.
JP

1 week later
#347 7 years ago

Thanks , I ordered it from Ministry o p . called it surfer boy, not zone one like I've been searching for. Funny, ordered a taxi plastic from him last week, never saw it on the site... feel stupid now
JP

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joey__p__1966.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=joey__p__1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.