(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by caldwert
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeroen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

Owning one, standing next to a WhirlWind.

cool topper on your machine Zippy. Anywhere we could find such a thing? Or is this your own interpretation of how an Earthshaker topper should look...?? very cool indeed.....

#12 10 years ago

Looking good over there...
I'm in the proces of restauarating my beloved Earthshaker, so the Whirlwind gets extra playing time.
Proces is now at the stage of removing all hardware from top and bottom, starting with picking out the staples of the GI lights.

#14 10 years ago

Nice....

1 week later
#31 10 years ago

I've had some problems too with both the VUK's. Turned out that de forked leaf contacts needed adjusting. Now they work without any hick-ups. Looking at your state divider it looks as if that black triangular locking thingy mechanism underneath the pf on the assy is worn or maybe the spring holding it in place is missing/broken....

4 months later
#74 9 years ago

Does anyopne know of an exact list of amounts and sizes of the metal posts that go into the t-nuts??

I have several broken ones and have not kept them after dismantling thinking there was a complete list available somewhere. Little did I know......

hopeful awaiting.....

4 weeks later
#94 9 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

My PBL order comes tomorrow....yay!....I can finally start putting my ES back together. Haven't actually played a single game on it yet, I started tearing it apart as soon as I brought it home.

How is the rebuild coming along??
Wondering if you, by any chance, still haven't started and are able to count the different sorts of metal posts that go into the two types of T-nuts and the amount per sort.

I've had broken ones during my teardown and have thrown those away immediately. Was expecting a list somewhere with sorts and amounts...duh NOT.

2 weeks later
#105 9 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Got everything polished/cleaned/fixed, all parts have arrived so the only thing I need to do first is polish the playfield and some minor touchup work. I ordered a Treasure Cove kit and after I try it out on my DE Simpsons first, ES is next.
When I begin reassembly I'll try to keep a list of all the posts as they go back onto the playfield.

thats wonderful.!!
if you finally get the full list i'll order everything completely new so any old posts (bend, worn thread, broken ones) can be replaced.
really an big help

3 months later
#132 9 years ago

Does anyone have an insert decal of de horizontal LOCK insert lying around and doing anything with it? (the one leading towards the right ramp)

I'd hate to buy a complete set cause his the only one I need....
live in the Netherlands so overseas postage will be paid for of course

3 months later
#161 8 years ago

Hi all.....
Does anybody have hi res photos of the wiring of the popbumper lights underneath the playfield? Hoe are they connected to eachother and to the rest of the wiring harness.
Since my hard drive crashed there is little left of what I photographed tearing it down.

Wouldm ove photos from multiple angles taken so I can get à good idea of how iT should end up in the end.

Thanks in advance guys

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I just took these of the pop bumpers under the pf. Hope they are helpful

Thank YOU sir.... Very helpfull indeed

2 weeks later
#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Anyone with experience have recommended steps for getting underneath the left ramp?

For doing what...??

1 month later
#194 8 years ago

With replacing the pops I see many different set ups on photos around here.
Aside from the original set up seen on the flyer there are also people mixing them up.

Who has something different Then the original and why?

#196 8 years ago

What I meant was did you reposition the yellow red and blue pop different from the original as seen on the flyer?

I also went for the color matched skirts. And transparent color matched bodies aswell

3 weeks later
#198 8 years ago

This is what I started out with a couple of weeks ago when I got my sprayed pf back from clearcoating
ES-PFSun.jpgES-PFSun.jpg

Then started mounting the colored pops in order as shown on the original flyer
ES-Pops.jpgES-Pops.jpg

Soldered new braid to all GI lamps because most of the original was torn or broken during disassembly
ES-GISolderingDone150729.jpgES-GISolderingDone150729.jpg

Now at the stage that the pops too are soldered. Now ready for placing back all other items such as coils, cable loops, pcb's and new correct color stand-up targets
ES-POPSSolderingDone150729.jpgES-POPSSolderingDone150729.jpg

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

If you dont mind me asking... where did you get the bumper bodies from?

I've got them from a German site. They also have the colored skirts and cool bumpercap lights such as round neons or up and down lighting circular LED strips.
These people have tons of cool stuff to trick out your game...

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-modding/transparent-bumper-bodies/

1 month later
#223 8 years ago

Is someone here the proud owner of a t-nut schematics for this great game? Am at a loss for what size t-nut goes where on the backside. Didnt make any notes of this cause I tought it would be an easy re-install. NOT hahaha

any help welcome, might aswell be a simple list of what size goes on which playfield side part...

thanks

3 weeks later
#228 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I can check when I get home, but if memory serves they are almost all 6-32, with the exception of a handful.

Exactly.... its that handfull of others that interest me... thanks anyway for checking..

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Ok, I double checked and they all appear to be 6-32.

great... I then have to check my toolbox again. I seen to also have de bigger ones 8-32

1 month later
#240 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Come on backglass!

and playfield please...

5 months later
#288 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Well I am in the club now. Down for a new CPR pf at the very least. Probably will redecal the cab as well.

Please let me know as to where to get the decals from. I'm searching a lot but finding is the problem...

4 months later
#346 7 years ago

here a spot you can check out for your wanted item...

http://www.ministryofpinball.nl/nl/earthshaker-plastic-surfer-boy.html

1 month later
#377 7 years ago

A friensd of mine is having a problem with his machine.
it starts up, but after pushing thstartbutton no balls are coming into the shooterlane. Going there tonight and all pointers are more then welcome.
looking for poor contacts, will reseat the connector on the nterconnect board. Anyone knows to what connector and board the signal goes from there?
Also a switch test, a coiltest and will look at solder connections.

do I miss something in this line-up?

thanks in advance people

#379 7 years ago

Can anyone tell me where on the Interconnect I can find the signal from the credit button? Which connector and pin?

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Looks like CPU board J10 pin 7 and J8 pin 1 per the switch matrix (see below):

thanks... let u know how I did...

btw
the number indicated on the schematics which are mentioned in front of a J or a P stands for the circuitboard it is on or connects to?
is there a list of which number corresponds with which circuit board?

#383 7 years ago

Much appreciated....

2 months later
#427 7 years ago

Repro playfield just went into production at CPR....

http://classicplayfields.com/order.html

1 week later
#432 7 years ago
Quoted from alec_p:

Any idea when they might be asking for payment on the pre-orders? (I realize I could ask them but assume people here might have experience with them)

I once bought a repro ES backglass but that was direct from their store. I am also on the list for a repro WhirlWind playfield which is just ahead of the Earthshaker.
Might be able to tell you when that ships...

2 years later
#844 4 years ago

Does any one from Europe knows of a place where I can get myself a nice LED kit for my game?
With warm withes for GI and maybe colored ones for some or all the inserts.

Or should I better put a box together myself? If so id there some one who already has this done before and is willing to share their list and reference photos for the end result?

Thanks guys...

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Just ordered loads of warm white frosted leds for GI from comet. Will post results

Yeah a before and after list of some of the more ' in sight' parts of the pf...

Thanks a M-M-M-Million.....

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

I'm building a LED list, planning to buy from Comet.
I've made this LED planning spreadsheet world-writable for now in case anybody wants to help me with my homework.

I see in your GI section two different QC bulbs; one with 1 output and one with 2 outputs. Can't find them in the shop at Comet.
Can you specify for me? Or send me a link to the right item?
Almost done ordering now...pfff big list

1 week later
#854 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Warm whites all the way... beautiful

I'm seriously thinking about sunlight whites. I know the warm whites comes as close as possible to the incandescents. Still I would like a little more brightness without going all the way with the cool whites.

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

That might be nice. For me, if I make it too bright, The reflection of the back box on the glass becomes too much

I think just the sunlights for the pf. Warm whites for the back box...

1 week later
#861 4 years ago

Having a hard time ordering my Sunlight bulbs from Comet. More often bulbs are sold out and I don't want to pay shipping twice by ordering in batches.
I need these 1smd bulbs for GI. Others like the 2smd are too bright or de NG versions won't fit the holes in the pf because they're slightly bigger in size.

1 week later
#863 4 years ago

Ordered my Ultimate Led Kit at Pinball Bulbs yesterday during their Black Friday offer. Incredibly helpful and fast too. Everything was immediately available.
Great service guys...thanks a lot

And I managed helping them out with completing their custom list by adding leds #555 for the Earthquake Institute

2 weeks later
#874 4 years ago

Hi all...
I have huge difficulties finding replacement parts as shown in the pic. All metal posts shown broke off their threads so I'm missing all posts circled in red. Is there someone who knows what the part numbers are and maybe even where to get 'em. Can't seem to locate a vendor.

If anyone knows or is willing to order for me with full expenses paid please shoot me a PM.

Overview PF w Support Pins (resized).jpgOverview PF w Support Pins (resized).jpg
#882 4 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’ve probably got all of this stuff. I’ve got all the parts from two fully populated playfields.
If you can measure the posts needed, I can probably help you out.

I shot you a pm

2 weeks later
#898 4 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’ve probably got all of this stuff. I’ve got all the parts from two fully populated playfields.
If you can measure the posts needed, I can probably help you out.

Thats exactly the problem... I don't have the sizes because I, unknowingly of their 'hard-to-find'ness, threw them out after I depopulated mine and broke of in the process.
Is there still anything You can do? Maybe send me the complete bundle of these posts. I'll then for sure have the correct sizes and in the end some spares.

PM me for details if this is a way you could/would go.

Tia

2 weeks later
#917 4 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I sent you a pm 18 days ago explaining that all the posts are mixed up in a pile of probably 50 others. I don’t just have a set of Earthshaker specific posts all together. They are all mixed in with many others. I said I had the three smaller post sorted but didn’t know the sizes for the 4 at the back. I would like to and will happily help you out with what you need but I’d like to keep the spares incase I need them. That’s not unreasonable is it?

It is far more then just reasonable; its just that I cannot physically measure any of the requested posts since I threw them away, bein broke in half and not reusable in any way.

If there would be anyone in the proces of de- or re-populating the playfield, please please measure the posts circled in red in one of my previous pics and reveal their sizes, lenghts and threads if possible??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeroen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=jeroen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.