(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by caldwert
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glsp3022.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#645 5 years ago

Just went through a huge tear down and rebuild of my newly acquired Earthshaker. New ramps, plastics, flipper rebuilds, planning on installing the sinking building mod, etc. BUT I'm missing the backglass so I'm really hoping to snag a rerun from CPR. Been checking their site daily.

20180427_091546 (resized).jpg20180427_091546 (resized).jpg

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Looks really great Dan! Hope to come down to play it soon.

Thank you! I pulled the cloudy mylar off and gave it a good waxing. Plays like brand new.

#649 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Congratulation for removing the mylar without killing the print on the inserts !

I lost a tiny bit of the key lines but nothing major. Ministry of pinball makes the laminated insert decals. If it ever does bother me, I may just go that route. But overall, much happier without the mylar!! Color is so vibrant!

#652 5 years ago

Need your help fellow ES owners. Lost my pop bumpers and shaker motor mid game. Checked the fuse by the pops, metered good. Checking fuses on the driver board...they pulled and tested good on a meter.
I have voltage at the pop coils. I'm a bit stumped. Combing thru the manual now. Something stupid I'm missing?
They seem to have red/white in common.

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Need your help fellow ES owners. Lost my pop bumpers and shaker motor mid game. Checked the fuse by the pops, metered good. Checking fuses on the driver board...they pulled and tested good on a meter.
I have voltage at the pop coils. I'm a bit stumped. Combing thru the manual now. Something stupid I'm missing?
They seem to have red/white in common.

This has been resolved. Bad 0 ohm resistor (W4) on aux power supply board.

1 week later
#661 5 years ago

I for one would by any glass they offer. My machine doesn't have one at all.

#666 5 years ago

If someone has a decent backglass and is on the fence about a new one from CPR. PM and we can work a deal here; I'll either buy your original at a fair price or buy the new one at full price if youre not crazy about it.

1 month later
#676 5 years ago

Just installed my sinking institution kit from Mark at Basement Arcade. What an enhancement to the game!

https://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/4sale/Earthshaker/index.html

The kit was easy to install, it's quiet, very well made and so worth the money. I'm not sure I'd he's still making them. When I ordered, he said had fewer than a dozen he could build and then no more. It's an 8 week build time.

Just need my backglass from BGResto and it'll be finished! Tried CPR, but they won't accommodate you unless you buy a playfield. Mine pf is great, I don't need one.

1 month later
#681 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

can anyone tell me what size the really large rubbers are that go on the right side under the HOLLY LAND plastic?

2x 4" on my game.

4 weeks later
#683 5 years ago

Received my CPR mirrored backglass today. This is one of their "imperfect" ones on sale for $169. Honestly couldn't be happier. There are a few very fine pinholes, but you really have to look. Colors pop and I love the mirrored look. Considering my machine hasn't had a backglass until now, this is great!!

20180914_141124 (resized).jpg20180914_141124 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#693 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Everyone who comes over to play my games agrees that Earthshaker is the better game, and mine is sitting right next to Whirlwind

Mine gets more play than even Fish Tales.
And I DO have the sinking building.

#695 5 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

I hope to find the sinking building mod one day and add it to my machine.

I ordered from Basement Arcades or something similar. When I ordered last summer, he told me he was only going to do a few more kits then he was done. But it takes 8 weeks, very well constructed. Cool addition!

2 months later
#718 5 years ago
Quoted from DragonPin:

I have an opportunity to buy a roached ES for 500. I cant tell if its going to be worth it. The game does boot up and start, but thats it, seller put it in storage after getting it to boot. I have done a few tear down and full PF restorations in the past and I believe I could get the PF looking new again with some work. What concerns me is the escalating cost of plastics, cab decals etc pushing this example beyond its worth.
Never owned one either so dont know how fun it will be to play.
This is the actual machine in question.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=50&v=vCNf08W3ovY
Thanks for any advice

I think even with $2k in parts...youd be at 2500 for a minty ES. You'd definitely get your money back. CPR has most of the what you need. If you don't want their "flawed backglasses", I have a new bgResto one, never used I could sell at a decent price.

1 month later
#745 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Over half way through my vacation and it is slow going. The gi and it’s stapled wiring is a real pain in the butt, so I have replaced them with regular wiring. I wish I could replace the socket for screwed ones but I ordered the wrong ones. Anyhoo, back to work on it some more. Here are a few pics of my recent progress.

Looks great! I did the same thing with my pops, color matching the aprons. Looks so good in this game. Its amazing how many folks don't realize that there is a specific order to the colors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glsp3022.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=glsp3022 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.