(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,303 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dragonpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#716 5 years ago

I have an opportunity to buy a roached ES for 500. I cant tell if its going to be worth it. The game does boot up and start, but thats it, seller put it in storage after getting it to boot. I have done a few tear down and full PF restorations in the past and I believe I could get the PF looking new again with some work. What concerns me is the escalating cost of plastics, cab decals etc pushing this example beyond its worth.
Never owned one either so dont know how fun it will be to play.

This is the actual machine in question.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=50&v=vCNf08W3ovY

Thanks for any advice

#722 5 years ago

I have experience restoring the PF and I think I could get this one looking new again so would not need a new PF. It does have a backglass that is decent. Its been been sprayed triple thick and only has a small amount of lifting in the corner.

The cab decals seem like they will be a must however as well as some new plastics.

My gut is leaning towards this game is worthy of being restored.. Reading thru this thread I can tell many of you really like owning this game.

1 year later
#1084 3 years ago

Hi everyone, I recently finished a restoration of my Earthshaker and wanted to share that with you guys.
I also want to ask a couple questions regarding Earthshaker because I've never owned one before and the one I restored was not in playable condition when I tore it down.

I replaced the shaker motor with a NOS one, identical to the one I removed. The motor really shakes hard and it makes a lot of racket, almost like the bracket is loose but on inspection its tight. Question is, how much rattle is normal on the arcade setting?

Second question is about the GI lights dimming when hitting a flipper. Now this one may be an example of fixing whats not broke.. I rebuilt the flippers and replaced all three coils with correct values from pinball life, however now the GI will dim when hitting the flippers, particularly the upper left. I did not observe this when I first got it back together and tested with old coils. Anyone else experience this on their ES?

Im really loving this game and it was an incredible and challenging experience to restore the whole machine. The example I started with was a diamond in the rough, incredibly dirty and had a hard life until it sat for many years collecting an impressive level of grime. So much time and effort but this wonderful game was well worth it.

Thank you for any insight anybody may have and I hope you enjoy seeing this game brought back to life as much as I do.

PS: in these pics I didn't replace that trim piece that holds the glass yet

EScabside (resized).jpgEScabside (resized).jpgESpf (resized).jpgESpf (resized).jpgESFront (resized).jpgESFront (resized).jpgES34 (resized).jpgES34 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dragonpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=dragonpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.