(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by caldwert
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boise_d.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 8 years ago

I'm in the club as of Monday!

#168 8 years ago

Can someone post a pic, or tell me the correct post that holds up the left side of the gate at zone 5? I have nothing to support it, so I think I'm missing a post in there.

#170 8 years ago

Thank you very much - this helps a lot!
--Dwayne

1 week later
#171 8 years ago

Anyone with experience have recommended steps for getting underneath the left ramp?

#174 8 years ago

I've got a broken post to the left of the pop bumpers for one thing. I just like to take apart (and clean) when I get a new machine.
I'm still searching to find the correct metal post sleeve and screw to support the left side of the gate at zone 5. I'm gate les currently.

1 week later
#190 8 years ago

Help! Bummed about my now-broken EarthShaker. The upper flipper activates automatically, not when the game gets power but right when I go into the settings (the game has no batteries yet). I've replaced the coil, but same result. When activated, it does separate the EOS switch, but the coil stays powered until I shut it off. This started when I was right in the middle of a game, and flippers had been working fine up til then. So, what causes that one flipper coil to activate itself?

The original coil was also not the correct one, but the new one is. When I put in the new coil, (with game shut off), I noticed that the action is not smooth. The fit of the coil against the stops is really tight. Maybe an operator swapped the whole plate at some point, and that's why the correct coil doesn't fit? I know I'll have to figure out the mechanical problem, even if I have to buy a new plate assembly. I'm mostly stumped by the electrical. Original coil fl-11753. I replaced with fl-11722

Ideas?

1 month later
#201 8 years ago

I can't believe I just discovered this sweet fault shot. Right flipper, up past the bumpers, through the spinner and zone 6, feeds across to the upper left flipper, then batted up the ramp to the fault. Whee! EarthShaker!!

3 weeks later
#209 8 years ago

How do you have one made?

3 weeks later
#224 8 years ago

I've seen several posts from people missing the entire zone 5 gate assembly. My own was missing just the left side support post, which thankfully I was able find. I wonder how that assembly came to be such a popular missing item. It doesn't appear to be extra fragile. Good luck to everyone looking.

3 weeks later
#230 8 years ago

Hi all,
I'd like take my ES apart for cleaning and possibly replace a ramp or two. How do I even begin to take this sucker apart? Especially the left and middle ramps. Thanks for any advice.

3 months later
#256 8 years ago
Quoted from alec_p:

I'm trying to figure out what LED's to get (don't want a kit) - do I need to get non-ghosting for everything but the GI lights? (and are the backbox lights considered GI too? - so regular LED's are ok there too?)
For playfield GI I am thinking frosted warm white - I don't really like the blue/cool white LED coloring (or colors). What about backglass - non frosted would be best, right?
Is the general consensus to go to match the insert color for the insert lights? Or stick with white? I'm thinking non-ghosting LEDs would be critical here, and probably non-frosted would be best. Right?
If there is some sort of tutorial that discusses this stuff, feel free to pass it on.
Let me know if these questions aren't appropriate here (if so - sorry!)

I just recently took advantage of the comet LED sale for my ES. I recommend frosted warm white, I didn't need any non ghosting in mine, and color match red inserts. You might change a few after that based on your preferences. I think I used cool white in the backbox.

3 weeks later
#258 8 years ago

How did you get the playfield out to work on it?

4 months later
#326 7 years ago

Hi all,
Looking for advice. What's the best way to access the top left skill shot ramp? I'd like to get the left ramp off too.

#329 7 years ago

Thanks, that's what I suspected. I need to get the middle and left ramp off for some repairs. Looks like I'll have a good excuse to use the rotisserie I made.

6 months later
#408 7 years ago

How do you even begin to get the middle ramp off? I need to tear down enough to get to the pops, under the spiral for cleaning, and fix or replace the very last switch under the ramp near the left in lane.

#412 7 years ago

I've heard that some people make custom wooden blocks for support, so they can pull completly off of the pivot and work on the top of the playfield. Have you heard of this? I wanted to get ES out, and onto my homemade rotisserie over the summer but it didn't happen.

1 month later
#435 7 years ago

Great choice Adam - we love Earthshaker!

4 years later
#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinologist:

Quick multi ball will occasionally end ball then start next player all while the original ball is still in play. This only happens when quick multi ball is active. Also only happens maybe 1 out of 15 shots. I'm thinking it's a glitch in the programming but looking forward to hearing from you guys.

I'm having a strange issue related to Quick Multiball too. Sometimes, but not always, when QMB is hit, the shaker motor will lock on and the game freezes up.
I have not noticed it doing this under any other circumstance. Any ideas where to start looking? I've been thinking about getting the competition ROM, so maybe that's where I start.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boise_d.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=boise_d and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.