(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by caldwert
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

FYI I'll be putting mine up for sale this weekend if anyone is interested. Full led, sinking institute, new xpin displays, new cpu/driver board

Wish you were closer. Sounds nice

3 months later
#306 7 years ago

Looking to buy an Es in md/pa/va area

3 months later
#349 7 years ago

Trying to join the club in md. Cash or have a nice robo war I'm almost finished cleaning up

#351 7 years ago

Love the topper. Nice score.

I'm looking in md for an Es

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from JAmods:

having a problem achieving 3-ball multiball. The first locked ball is ejecting when starting 2nd ball. any ideas?

Shot in the dark. Ball trough switches. Check for any flaky switches in test mode

1 week later
#357 7 years ago

Back in the club. Want to add some light to back half of pf. Any ideas? Led strips on back wall? Spots? Light show on pin is incredible Just trying to add more light when playing

#361 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I added a few bulbs under the spiral skillshot ramp, and one under the main ramp. This was before LED strips were available, and it does add some nice extra lighting

yeah back left is dark...led strip is great idea.

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I have a 18" LED strip mounted under the top glass channel. I tapped into the constant 12v supply but added a resistor to drop the voltage to get the brightness to match the GI brightness of the rest of the PF. I couldn't be happier with the results, the whole back 3rd of the PF is well lit. Did the same to my T2, and it was such a dramatic improvement that after owning it for over 20 years, I fell in love with it all over again!

Any pics or details. I have the shorter Strips from comet. Love to see what you did. All clear GI bulbs or some color ?

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Take a look at my profile pics (Earthshaker & T2), you should be able to get an idea, but i'll see if I can get some decent pics and post them. I'm using all Comet 2-SMD extreme brightness, frosted dome, natural white GI bulbs.
The strips i'm using are actually universal replacements for LCD TV's, I get them through work (I fix flat-screen monitors and other electronics), but i'm sure if you Google'd that, you'd find plenty of places to order them from. They are perfect for this use, because they are insanely bright, they have a wide operating voltage range (8-14v), and are designed to distribute light evenly... They even come with super adhesive 2-sided tape already on the back!

Thx. Torn between which clear bulb to use on GI. Soft or warm.

#367 7 years ago

Did any ES have silver coin doors? Think
My serial number is like 561.

6 years later
#1897 1 year ago

Trying to join the club. ALways easy to find in the past but seems they have dried up with all the new collectors. Quick question. How hard is a pf swap? I have been in hobby 10 years, Ive shopped 20 plus pins and do basic repairs. I just think I dont have patience to do an ES swap. Also, what I have found when I work on a game for a long time that needed alot of work, by the time I finish I never want to see it again. There is one in NC that is being sold needing a pf swap. Prob more then I want to spend. LMK if anyone selling.

#1900 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

The one in NC is way overpriced. I’d say $3500 including the new playfield.

I thought 51 was insane. 4 max

#1902 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Yea I wouldn’t go 4K. I have a sample game with a new playfield, plastics, mechs etc.. I’d be lucky to get $5-$5500

Thx for info

#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1GlAVjt5kNN1dOXJJ-YkxUmPwASAlhFh
A lot of Earthshakers I run across are in bad shape. I did a pf swap on mine. The entire process is documented here. Took me about a month on/off.

Thx. I’ll watch them all!

#1918 1 year ago

You guys are killing me. . Patiently waiting for a nice local ES

#1921 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Trade me your shadow

Just sold it.

1 week later
#1929 1 year ago

Looks great!

Anyone selling near Md/pa/de/nj area. Trying to get back in club

#1933 1 year ago
Quoted from 8bitrobo:

I'm been working on making a Golden Gate style bridge to replace the plastic guard on the right ramp. This is the 3rd revision and the final will probably be in red to match the earthquake institute.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah if you can match paint of golden gate you’d sell a lot. Other mods I thought would be cool were a more realistic earthquake institute and a seismic machine needle that moves

#1938 1 year ago
Quoted from 8bitrobo:

I found and ordered some filament that should be pretty close to the golden gate color, but we will see after it is done. I'll post pics of the finished version when I feel it is ready to go out.

Ill buy one even though I dont have pin yet Trying though!

4 weeks later
#1971 11 months ago

Still looking for an ES if anyone selling/trading Ill order the bridge anyway )

1 week later
#1989 11 months ago
Quoted from jb3d:

Thank you all for your advice. It’s greatly appreciated. I’m very sorry to hear that you’re stuck in a UK airport pencilneck . I do hope you got those pretzels.

I think half the country is stuck there. Looks pretty bad

#1998 10 months ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Agree, 100% Great work 8bitrobo!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great! Ive been looking for ES forever. very hard to find now. There is a very nice one in CA. Has new pf and nice updates. Shipping is crazy these days....but how cool to get an earthshaker that actually may have been in an earthquake

#2006 10 months ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Get on that one in CA, maybe Bob Cunningham can grab it for you since he’s doing 40 states in 4 months. May get lucky.

Thx. That one loos great. Talking with seller.

1 week later
#2016 10 months ago
Quoted from tylery85:

FYI for others. I emailed the Basement Arcade 4/18 for the mod and within hours received an email back from Mark that they are out and are in process of changing facilities and don't know when/if they will make more. They havet l a list of requests so if/when they can they will notify those people. That said, it's been a month and a half since then so who knows. Fingers crossed.

I’m on the hunt as well. Looking for a sinking institute. I’ll email them too to get on list

#2025 10 months ago

On the list for a sinking Institute. Sounds like a long shot Anyone that has one they wont install shoot me a pm. Thx

4 weeks later
#2075 9 months ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Well that's better! After a quick disassembly, cleaning and adjusting of the state split mech it works so well I am unaware it happens. So used to it making multiple attempts! Now its one click open and one click closed. I think the problem was more of an improper assembly from a previous owner than an actuator arm problem but it should now be good to go through the next couple owners...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this easy to do. Usually I can figure things out as I take apart but wondered how much of a pain to troubleshoot.

2 weeks later
#2080 8 months ago

Bought one of the last sinking institutes made and the bridge mod with the intention of putting it into my ES. Never able to get the pin so offering these up for trade for other mods I could use.....Color dmd for my TZ, Wonka topper or side art.....Trading Institute and bridge as a pair. Was going to list them for sale but the fee looks like $40 so would make the price kind of high. Ill donate to pinside if trade for mods happens.

1 month later
#2107 7 months ago

Ended up not getting an ES. Have one of the last sinking institutes made and the golden gate bridge mod both unopened....want to sell as a pair. PM if interested.

3 weeks later
#2164 6 months ago

A few tire kickers but still have the sinking institute and bridge mod unopened.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=billsfanmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.