(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,312 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by jibmums
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Syco54645.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#287 7 years ago

Well I am in the club now. Down for a new CPR pf at the very least. Probably will redecal the cab as well.

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Original is silk screened.

Mine is screened as well just faded to hell.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from alec_p:

What flipper solenoid do you guys have for the upper left? Mine is the same as the lower flippers (11630), but the manual says it should be 11722. From what I can see online, that's a lower power solenoid than 11630. Before I took it all apart, I had some trouble making it up the fault ramp on occasion. So it doesn't make sense to me to put a lower power solenoid in there.
Any thoughts?

The manual is not always correct so it is hard to say what coil is correct. Asking here and seeing what people are using is generally the best you can do.

1 month later
#310 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I just posted it for reference Not necessarily as a tutorial... the pictures give enough of a starting point for the hard core DIYer, besides, the kits go for around $250-400, looks like $45 in parts should get this made

Yes I found a motor that will work fine. It was I think $12. I have not spent time looking into how to make it though I'd like to. If I did figure it out I would try to document how it was done.

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

which motor did you get?

pm'd

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Never said it was cheap, and the quality costs money. Y'all act like his time to design and build them is worth 0 dollars.
Your comparison on what other things cost is pointless. Pinball is freakin expensive, but just for giggles:
Ramp set: 303.00. You are incorrect
Plastics: 166 (Marco), protectors (pinbits and Cliffy) 115.00, led kit (premium kit, coitaker) 221. You are incorrect
LED display (big daddy) 150.00 new backglass (sold out) 249.99. You are incorrect.
I could do this all day.

Why are you so angry? The fact is that for what the mod does it is incredibly expensive. A motor that works in this costs less than $20 shipped. Sure their time is valuable but they probably made up all of their R&D time after selling 3 kits. The time to assemble this would be less than an hour. The rest of the parts for this maybe brings the total cost of the mod to $100 if they are over paying for all of the parts. So then in that case they make $200 an hour.

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Who is angry? Not I. I just don't think some folks understand how expensive some of this is. For the most part all mods are expensive. Color dmd is 400 bucks, a wobble head for dr who is 300+. Have you even looked at what is included in the original kit? It is much more than a motor, and is pretty much plug n play. (Which for a lot of people here is great, since they cannot even use a soldering iron)
It is your money, spend how you want, but I don't consider the kit overpriced. It is cheaper than a lot of the stuff listed, yet nobody minds dropping 300+ for ramps, 115 for protectors, etc...

Yes I have looked at the kit and even the instructions. Sure it is plug and play but still expensive for what you get.

1 year later
#551 6 years ago

Have been on the list for probably 2 years. Nothing yet.

5 months later
#650 5 years ago

Waiting on my CPR email. Cannot wait. My field is pretty bad. Gonna do a full restore on this one I think.

2 weeks later
#663 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I agree. It's a little tougher for me. Is it worth $179 to trade one set of flaws for another?

i am in the same boat here. some cracking but it isnt flaking. it looks solid. was considering buying one but do not want to swap on flaw for another. maybe they will do another run eventually.

#668 5 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Painted, waited a few days for paint to fully cure, masked off around W logo and then sanded with 80 or 120 grit. Put sandpaper on a block of wood or some other hard flat surface and then go in one direction while keeping flat on logo. just takes a few passes to knock off the paint.

What paint is that?

1 month later
#675 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

NOW UP FOR OPEN SEASON to the public at large...
The last 2-3 months have provided a thorough chance to the ES Preorder Group and ES Standby Group to follow through on our Earthshaker playfields run of early 2018. Now we finally take the remaining Earthshaker playfields and offer them up for general public sales. They will now reside in our CPR web site Store, where they can be purchased until they are gone:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-playfields.html
ES Plastics and backglasses are also being offered as bundle options, if taken with a playfield shipment.
These playfields were produced with the original Williams artwork films, by Tim Elliott.
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Kevin,

Still waiting to hear from you on my gold pf exchange.

Added over 6 years ago:

replacement received

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Syco54645.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=Syco54645 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.