(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,312 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by jibmums
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1272 2 years ago

Excited to be joining the club soon! Will post pics when I have the game....in May.....Can't wait

Chris

1 month later
#1314 2 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

What!? No way...I never noticed that! I'll have to ask him for a better photo of that area and report back.

It is in the picture you posted above. the cross piece is from a Bad Cats cabinet. This was common in those days. they'd use pieces of old or other cabinets in games. I've seen this more in arcade games, but it happened in pinball too.

badcatspiece (resized).pngbadcatspiece (resized).png
#1321 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I don’t want to admit how long it took for me to find this by sheer pinball detective work. I originally thought it was a “Rad 80s/90s” themed game, like a Caribbean Cruise, Surf n Safari, Hollywood Heat, Radical etc etc… nope. None.
Then on second look, I thought “That flamingo is giving Python vibes.” So I looked for it in Hurricane, Police Force, even Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball. Nope. Not there either.
Then, it hit me. It’s a plastic from Popeye! It was actually kinda fun trying to find it. Here it is in the context of the whole kit (bottom left corner):[quoted image]

Well done! I was also thinking an older Gottlieb game. Never occurred to me that it would be Popeye! A+ to you Mr. Holmes!

Chris

1 week later
#1325 1 year ago

Hot diggity! It’s here!!! I have to wait for help to get it in the basement

2E53A121-DF28-4DC6-9DBA-6DB1D436E403 (resized).jpeg2E53A121-DF28-4DC6-9DBA-6DB1D436E403 (resized).jpeg4EA1CE80-CECC-4419-853D-8669C8B46C6A (resized).jpeg4EA1CE80-CECC-4419-853D-8669C8B46C6A (resized).jpeg609E89B7-E601-4565-A2F4-D0BD4B2D2657 (resized).jpeg609E89B7-E601-4565-A2F4-D0BD4B2D2657 (resized).jpeg
#1328 1 year ago
Quoted from harig:

Wow, game seems to be in very nice condition

From the pics I got it sure is. I haven't unfolded it yet, but attached are some pics I had from the seller The cabinet has really good color on it. SOme touchups but I am beyond happy about it.

Quoted from jibmums:

And a free quarter!

BONUS!!!!

Chris

IMG_0172 (resized).jpgIMG_0172 (resized).jpgIMG_0173 (resized).jpgIMG_0173 (resized).jpgIMG_0174 (resized).jpgIMG_0174 (resized).jpgIMG_0175 (resized).jpgIMG_0175 (resized).jpgIMG_0176 (resized).jpgIMG_0176 (resized).jpgIMG_0177 (resized).jpgIMG_0177 (resized).jpgIMG_0178 (resized).jpgIMG_0178 (resized).jpgIMG_0179 (resized).jpgIMG_0179 (resized).jpgIMG_0180 (resized).jpgIMG_0180 (resized).jpg
#1331 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Congrats! Good lookin cab! Impressive if it's the original artwork... It definitely needs a deep shopout, and a new set of plastics... There aren't many plastics in there that aren't broken and/or damaged.

Indeed. That's the fun part for me. Already have the CPR plastics set. Can't wait to dig into this one!

Chris

#1332 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

Just joined the club a couple of days ago! Needs a good cleaning and new rubbers, but overall good condition.
I do have a question as it has been years since I played an Earthshaker - In between the bottom flippers it looks like there was a post that had been there, but was removed. (See picture) The gap between the flippers is fairly large. Is there supposed to be a post there? [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a nice example for sure!

I believe there should be a post there.

Chris

#1337 1 year ago

Got it all set up thanks to help from EagleTG

IMG_6237 (resized).jpgIMG_6237 (resized).jpgIMG_6238 (resized).jpgIMG_6238 (resized).jpgIMG_6239 (resized).jpgIMG_6239 (resized).jpgIMG_6240 (resized).jpgIMG_6240 (resized).jpgIMG_6241 (resized).jpgIMG_6241 (resized).jpgIMG_6242 (resized).jpgIMG_6242 (resized).jpgIMG_6243 (resized).jpgIMG_6243 (resized).jpgIMG_6245 (resized).jpgIMG_6245 (resized).jpg
#1339 1 year ago

So I was playing my new (to me) Earthshaker last night. Everything seems to be working well EXCEPT for the fault assembly.

The mechanism separates but then immediately pops back. SO basically California clicks left, then returns immediately and you can't lock a ball via the fault if that makes sense.

Anything simple to look for here?

Chris

1 week later
#1358 1 year ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

Looking for the sinking building. If anyone has one they'll never get around to installing please PM me!

And if you have 2, let me know secondly please

Chris

#1360 1 year ago

I am guessing these are out of stock because I ordered one and my payment was refunded about 10 minutes later

Chris

1 week later
#1404 1 year ago
Quoted from Timmo:

I got an email from Mark at Basement Arcade that the Sinking Institute Kits are available once again. Yay!
http://www.basementarcade.com/For_Sale.html

Yes, I was about to post that. Ordered mine today!

Thanks for making them available again!

Chris

1 month later
#1477 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

For some reason, ES seems to be one of the most difficult games in my collection to disassemble. I guess how the ramps are stacked up with the diverter on top makes for some big headaches...specifically if the PF is in the machine. I recently had the swing-gate start to become stuck when the ball rolled around and it was an absolute nightmare to fix it.
The ramp layering is worse than my Radical, CFTBL, and Road Show which all have ramps situated over other ramps.

You're making me not want to shop mine out, but it needs it pretty badly. I want to put LED's in the GI anyway so it will need to be done at some point I guess.

I thought Airborne and Diner were both pretty annoying to shop out, but now I think we may have a new winner in the race.

Chris

1 week later
#1496 1 year ago

Does anyone have detailed shop out photos for Earthshaker? Want to tackle mine but do t want to get in Over my head. LOL.

#1502 1 year ago

Thanks everyone! I've shopped out games before, including some doozies like Capcom's Airborne, but it really seems like this is built differently.

I'll just have to go for it I guess. Will take lots of photos and hope for the best. I appreciate the links to other's photos.

Chris

#1507 1 year ago

I think this is just what I am needing! I am assuming the numbers were in the order you removed things, correct?

Thank you!
Chris

1 week later
#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Pretty much done with top too. Next are the boards and putting everything into the cabinet. Hooray
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic! Don't forget to adjust the lower left flipper

Chris

1 week later
#1557 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlarry1:

Question: the promo flyer shows no center post between the flippers and two of the metal rails directly behind the flippers:
[quoted image]
My game does have a center post and no holes drilled in the playfield for metal rails:
[quoted image]
I searched the forums for some info but nothing came up. The playfield parts list in the game manual shows the center post, so I assume it was added to all games during production.

Mine is the same as yours. Center post and no metal "biff bars"

ES (resized).PNGES (resized).PNG

Chris

1 month later
#1578 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Officially joined the club today! I picked up what I think is a pretty nice example. As a bonus, it also has the sinking building! A question on the shaker, it feels pretty weak compared to my RS. I haven’t ever played one of these so it’s possible it’s normal. It feels like a constant motion and possibly someone moved the weights. The shake feels like a low rumble vs the explosive shake of RS. Can someone confirm how strong their shaker is?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

One of the settings is shaker strength. I think the options are home and arcade. Set it to Arcade and you'll feel it for sure!

Chris

1 week later
#1604 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

finally got my estimate ... mine will be more expensive as they had they had to do the plans to remanufacture the part ...
any extra will be at $27.00 per piece.
anybody want one please PM me ...
this price is based on five units should more be needed the price will be lower !
[quoted image]

I'd get one to support the making of them. Actually, maybe 2.

Chris

2 weeks later
#1663 1 year ago

im ok with a washer too.

#1665 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

yours will be sent to Hobbes !

Hobbes says he's okay with that

Chris

1 month later
#1711 1 year ago

Looking good transprtr4U!!

4 weeks later
#1742 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

GAME CARDS
Does anyone have a resource for some nice apron cards? I don't have the means to print them, however am interested to purchase them.
Any favorites everyone likes?
thanks in advance.
Also looking for reproductions on the "inside cabinet" decals which are located on the LEFT side.

Quoted from mastercello:

Also looking for nice ones since forever!
The only set in the "custom apron card..." thread are not very nice and pinballcards.com doesn't have any.

I got mine from a guy on Ebay. I like them and they are very nice quality. Seller johng5945
cards (resized).jpgcards (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1855 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

look great ... just not not available ?

I have the same ones from the same seller. They are very nice. You can message him and he can likely make them for you to order.

Chris

2 weeks later
#1881 1 year ago

Anyone ever have diverter issues?

My diverter works, but does not stay open.

Sadness. LOL - Springs seems okay, switch registers. Cam seems okay.

Chris

#1884 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Chris, it's likely the black plastic latch is worn out. How this is suppose to work is, the coil pulses once to open the "fault", then pulses again to close the fault. The part is this:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8090
[quoted image]

Thanks. Thought I had some spares but apparently not. Will order.

Now to find out what these random wires are for. Looking at the switch matrix I am guessing slam tilt maybe but there’s no mounting holes in this area at all.

1505BA1A-B1DE-4218-A91B-114EE271F4F0 (resized).jpeg1505BA1A-B1DE-4218-A91B-114EE271F4F0 (resized).jpeg833502CE-D58D-4724-B86D-EB1AF9C5857C (resized).jpeg833502CE-D58D-4724-B86D-EB1AF9C5857C (resized).jpegADC81DB2-7FC7-472C-AFF0-D6AABB662F14 (resized).jpegADC81DB2-7FC7-472C-AFF0-D6AABB662F14 (resized).jpeg
#1887 1 year ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

The owner's manual will help you trace down the wires, via their color most of the time. That wire is one side of the general illumination wiring.
Under the playfield you will have (2) different sets. The solid purple and white / purple banded is the UPPER PLAYFIELD General Illumination. There is also a LOWER PLAYFIELD set, solid yellow and white / yellow banded.
Williams decided in the Earthshaker machine to "staple" wires down (Data East style). It's crappy. Most restorations of the machine rewire all of the general illumination wiring with protected wires (no staple bare wires). Later Williams would install actual sockets held in with screws.

Thank you. For some reason I just had it in my mind that this was for a switch.

Something else to fix tonight . This group is the best!

Chris

#1889 1 year ago

GI lights fixed!
Diverter fixed!

Thanks all! The diverter issue was actually the spring. It was way too loose. Replaced it with a tighter spring and now it's working great!

Thanks everyone! Love this forum!

Chris

1 week later
#1892 1 year ago
Quoted from rmillman:

I'm having the same problem. I also think it's the spring. What or where did you find a right spring?

I re-used the one that was on there. I stretched it out and hooked it on the diverter hook about half way up the spring (if that makes sense). Ghetto fix but it works until I get a correct spring.

Chris

3 months later
#2034 10 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:try DumbAss makes great updated boards ! great service and ships fast !

I second this. He often has a wait time but that is because his stuff is awesome. Seriously top notch, and he is AMAZING with helping if need be. And if you can source components and are good at soldering, you can build your own from his blank boards.

I have bought several boards from Victor (dumbass) and all have worked 100% flawlessly.

And they are super nice to look at too! LOL

Chris

2 weeks later
#2070 9 months ago
Quoted from JerodP:

Installed my 8bitrobo bridge mod today!
[quoted image]

Just ordered one as well. My Earthshaker will be unique, just like everyone elses! LOL

Chris

1 week later
#2077 9 months ago

I must be pretty gullible because someone sold me a bridge!!

Chris

IMG_8975 (resized).jpegIMG_8975 (resized).jpegIMG_8977 (resized).jpegIMG_8977 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2104 7 months ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Question for some owners here.
I've thought about getting an Earthshaker, but never have been able to play it to make up my mind. I've watched video of gameplay, but I'm curious how it holds up long term.
I'm debating between this or a Taxi, but the last time I played Taxi, I was able to pick up all 5 riders no problem after a few games and it kind of just felt like it had run it's course. I do realize this era of game has limited code and objectives, so curious how this compares to some of the other Sys11 like
Taxi/WW/Pinbot/Swords of Fury as I've been able to play those.
Thanks

This may be a bit subjective, but I think I may like Earthshaker better. I had a Taxi, and while I really enjoyed it, I don't know, it got......boring? Not sure that's the right word. I'd love to get another Taxi, but I don't think I'd keep it long term. Earthshaker I got about 2 years ago and it's never leaving. System 11 machines are pretty linear by nature, so you may find the same issues with Earthshaker. Get the zones, lock a ball, get more zones, lock another ball, get multiball.

I think ES has some trickier shots than Taxi (again just my opinion) and is a more difficult game. I'd put Earthshaker for me at the same level as Whirlwind, and I think that's one of the best system 11 machines. ES is also more choppy than Taxi layout wise. It has some flow but not like a High Speed.

I am a System 11 fanboy so I'd get them all if I could. If you're ever in the philly suburbs hit me up you can come over, have a beer, and play some Earthshaker

Chris

2 weeks later
#2126 7 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
cabinet redone in black
playfield sanded and reprinted
new local made decals
all GI wired with new sockets
new pop bumpers updated the wiring removed silly flat wire connections
new ramps
new hardware
new switches where required
new blue display
new flipper assemblies
boards checked and repaired couple of hacks , Nvram installed
speakers updated
all topside hardware changed to black oxide
probably more just cant remember
pics not in order , sorry !

Is that all the pics you have? LOL, just kidding. Looks great!

Chris

3 months later
#2232 3 months ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Just announced on PinSound's page.
System 11a and 11b support with new coming products...
[quoted image]

Interesting for sure, but to me, a big part of the allure of System 11 machines is the music / sounds. Not sure I'd want to mess with that.

Chris

1 week later
#2253 86 days ago

DumbAss this Earthshaker is having a sound issue. From his photos, it looks like it has one of your awesome System 11 boards in it.

Just wondering if you had any thoughts for midcoastsurf .

Chris

#2287 83 days ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Good call on Mantis! Didn't realize Kerry was still making stuff. I'll look into this. Thanks!

Yes definitely get the Mantis one. If he's OOS I can see if I have any lying around. Glad to hear you got the sounds and music working too! Makes a huge difference in the gameplaty.

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=SilverUnicorn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.