(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,312 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 minutes ago by jibmums
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#370 7 years ago

Anyone have a part number listing of posts used in Earthshaker? I don't see them listed in the manual.

1 week later
#382 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeroen:

thanks... let u know how I did...
btw
the number indicated on the schematics which are mentioned in front of a J or a P stands for the circuitboard it is on or connects to?
is there a list of which number corresponds with which circuit board?

From CH's excellent repair guide: (Pinrepair.com I think- couldn't find a direct link anymore?)

Board/Connector/Pin Numbering.
A prefix number preceeds all connector "J" numbers. This prefix signifies which board the connector belongs to. The number immediately after the "J" is the connector number for that board. The number after a hyphen is the pin number for that connector. For example, connector 1J8-5 would be CPU board connector 8, pin 5. Here are a list of board number prefixes:
1 = CPU board.
2 = Interconnect board (Banzai Run and later).
3 = Power Supply board.
4 = Master Score Display board.
5 = Auxiliary power driver board (Big Guns and later), or Slave display board on early games.
6 = Backbox wiring
7 = Cabinet wiring
8 = Playfield wiring
9 = Insert board.
10 = Sound board.
11 = Audio board.
15 = Flipper power supply board (Fire! and before).

1 week later
#384 7 years ago

Hi All-
I'm starting reassembly on my Earthshaker after a major shop/light restoration. I ended up sourcing new plastics and ramps. If anyone is in need of individual original plastics let me know what you're looking for- some of the originals are toast, others are in good shape. Willing to sell individually. I also have the original above playfield ramps... although they've all had some fairly rough repairs done to them over the years.

Added over 7 years ago: Update to clarify- Happy to send individual plastics/ramps to anyone who needs them for the cost of shipping; just let me know what you're looking for and I'll send you a picture as some parts are in good shape and some of heavily worn.

3 weeks later
#387 7 years ago

Trying to track down an issue with the Sun/Jackpot flashers- could someone check 5J6-3 (Aux Power Driver Board) and tell me if you have a wire connected there? If so is it Brown/Blue?

Thanks!

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from KoP:

According to the manual there sould be a brown/blue wire there. It's for "solenoid 14" = jackpot flashers.

Thanks, that what I saw in the manual as well- I don't have a wire there, but there's no indication of a wire cut/removed from the original harness. I'm starting to wonder if the manual had an error and wanted to compare to another machine.

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from KoP:

You are right. There is no wire there...

Thanks for the confirmation - didn't look like anything had been removed.

I believe Upper GI Relay, Lower GI Relay, and Jackpot Flasher are all out when running the solenoid tests. Didn't have much time to dig into it today. Will need to dig further and see what's common across those 3.

It plays great so I didn't even notice those 3 were out.

2 weeks later
#405 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Thanks for the confirmation - didn't look like anything had been removed.
I believe Upper GI Relay, Lower GI Relay, and Jackpot Flasher are all out when running the solenoid tests. Didn't have much time to dig into it today. Will need to dig further and see what's common across those 3.
It plays great so I didn't even notice those 3 were out.

Turned out to be something super simple- red wire had come loose upstream of the GI relays & the sun/jackpot flasher (at the '5000 w/ lit' flasher.)

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

I think the next thing I will do is get some LED strip in the back to light up that area

I've been thinking about something similar for my ES. I have some Comet "Matrix" LED strips that I'm putting in my MMr; if I have any leftover may try them out in ES.

2 weeks later
#426 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Sounds like yours are not reading correctly when they are down.
They should reset at the end of each ball, and also immediately when all three are dropped.
The end of ball reset is automatic and will happen every time.
The all three down reset will only happen if the game knows they are all down. It won't know that if the switches are not registering correctly.
See what happens in switch test.

Agreed, sounds like one of the 3 optos on that drop bank is not reading. Switch test. Great Lakes makes a repro board if needed.

5 months later
#538 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Hey guys,
I was wondering about trying to get an Earthshaker but after looking at the PAPA video on Utube where the guy shoots the ramp 1000 times I'm now doubt about the ruleset which I tough was good
Is the scoring that bad so the ramp shot is the only thing worth doing to score?

This is not an issue unless you're using it for a tournament and then it's a boring "cheat" for racking up points... and even then they have an alternate ROM intended for tournaments that reduces the scoring on the center ramp.

Fun game to play, lots of shots and fast paced.

7 months later
#584 6 years ago

CPR just released a new run of Earthshaker plastics for 2018, available on their website now. It even includes a new “topper” plastic!

http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Damn, all my plastics are good but I want the damn topper but you have to order the plastics to get it.

Well... you can never have too many spare plastics!

Not surprised to see this being re-run now that the ES playfields are nearing completion.

1 month later
#620 6 years ago

Looks like the CPR playfields are now shipping! Has anyone gotten the e-mail yet?

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo213.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=Mike_M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.