(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,310 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Golgotha
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kingsley73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#371 7 years ago

Anyone have any info or guesses on the current status of the ES repro playfields over at CPR?
The last update from August mentioned several promising notes about the new shipment of wood for their new lineup as well as getting inserts in. ES was mentioned in both of those instances.
If you had to guess, do you think we are 6 months out? A year? Sooner?

1 year later
#550 6 years ago

I'm getting anxious even though I know there is probably still a lot of time left, yet....BUT, anyone on the CPR Earthshaker Playfield list receive any correspondence from them yet? I was trying to figure out how much time is still left on these bad boys based on their current status on CPR's website of "ready for silkscreening". I was trying to look back in time on different forum topics for TAF to gauge how much time is between this stage and clearcoating, then shipping. Unfortunately I couldn't get a good gauge of the time that passed. I'm thinking we are still a few months away, but hoping it is closer than I think.

Just thought I would see if anyone had any insight on this. Very excited for these to start shipping!

1 week later
#561 6 years ago

Brought this home a few weeks ago and have spent that time completely tearing it down, polishing, all new plastics and all new ramps. Brand new pop bumpers, all LED. Finally finished today, just have to put the apron on! And remove the inclinometer from the playfield

20171202_132143 (resized).jpg20171202_132143 (resized).jpg

#563 6 years ago

Does anyone know what the part/reference # for the wire ball guide is that sits directly under the ball drop on the right side lane nearest the sling plastic? My game is missing this part, but if you look closely in the picture I posted above you can see the two holes directly under the wire form where it used to be. I have researched and found a lot of other playfields that are missing this as well, but some that still have it. I can't tell if it is some kind of support for the wire form or something else... I also cannot seem to find it through the conventional sites, and I wasn't able to identify it in the Williams blue parts catalog. Anyone have an idea? Thx!

example (resized).PNGexample (resized).PNG

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It's just a support for the wireform. Both of my playfields have it. Looks like a wire that goes in each hole, bent flat on top for the wireform to sit on it.
Edit: Looking in the manual on page 74 of the .pdf it may be number 49? (print is kind of blurry) part number12-6466-6 Wireform 1-1/2"

I thought so too at first, but the blue book identifies that earthshaker has 2 of that part and, given the size they show, leads me to believe it is pointing at the longer ball guides. I appreciate you looking into it nonetheless...the mystery continues!

#568 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

This is a useless piece, its to keep the ball from bouncing right into the other lanes when it blasts out of the VUK and hits the PF. It was an afterthought addition, and I feel a visually unpleasant one. If you pull up on the lane guide a bit, it will raise up and still remain stable, and the closed gap makes it impossible for the ball to fit though.
I removed it from my game and I have never had the ball bounce over, I have seen it removed from most of the games I have seen pictured around here as well.

Great information, thank you! I felt the same way, it isn't really affecting ball play nor have I ever had it drop into the other lanes.

Quoted from jibmums:

Here's a couple of pix of that wire guide with & without the habitrail installed, hope this helps.

Thanks for the pictures, this at least helps me to get a better estimate of the size. Maybe I'll just keep it off and not worry about it.

Appreciate all the great info everyone, thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kingsley73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault?tu=Kingsley73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.