(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by caldwert
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 47.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

I am still looking for the lower right wireform!

Might want to find a local custom welder to help. Mine is in similar shape and have been keeping an eye out for a few years now. I think I may have found a local guy who does custom chopper work who can do it for a decent price.

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

That really does not help show how to make it.

I just posted it for reference Not necessarily as a tutorial... the pictures give enough of a starting point for the hard core DIYer, besides, the kits go for around $250-400, looks like $45 in parts should get this made

#305 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I just posted it for reference Not necessarily as a tutorial... the pictures give enough of a starting point for the hard core DIYer, besides, the kits go for around $250-400, looks like $45 in parts should get this made

To be fair the kits are incredibly high quality, and not made from what appears to be scrap metal and a gear from a kid toy.

#306 7 years ago

Looking to buy an Es in md/pa/va area

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

To be fair the kits are incredibly high quality, and not made from what appears to be scrap metal and a gear from a kid toy.

Totally fair, I've thought of buying the mod many times, I think that the motor the instructible is using may possibly be the same motor that moves the diverter in space station and used in many other pins as a slow moving 12v motor.

I bet the gear could be used from Lego if someone were so bold

Too bad no one has made all the parts in 3d so we could have them printed and put together a kit, it would at least cut the full price in half

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I have no doubt about the quality, and the dude who makes them absolutely deserves to make some money on his work, but $300 is a LOT of money and a gouge! None of those materials are rare or expensive.
For the same money (or less), you could buy:
All 3 ramps brand new.
A full plastics kit AND protection kit AND a full LED bulb kit.
A Pinscore/Xpin LED display AND a new translight.
A full cabinet decal set AND new legs, levelers and bolts.
(I could do this all day)
Hell, the knucklehead who's selling them on ebay could at LEAST toss in free PM shipping... But he's even overcharging for that! If that greedy dude would include PM shipping for the $300, i'd probably buy one... but until then, I will absolutely never buy one, just on principal.

#309 7 years ago

I may try to build one from Legos, from Legos and a low rpm Motor, how awesome would that be!?!

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes I found a motor that will work fine. It was I think $12. I have not spent time looking into how to make it though I'd like to. If I did figure it out I would try to document how it was done.

#311 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Yes I found a motor that will work fine. It was I think $12. I have not spent time looking into how to make it though I'd like to. If I did figure it out I would try to document how it was done.

which motor did you get?

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

which motor did you get?

pm'd

#313 7 years ago

All this hubbub over a red piece of plastic that moves up & down 4" or so!

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I have no doubt about the quality, and the dude who makes them absolutely deserves to make some money on his work, but $300 is a LOT of money and a gouge! None of those materials are rare or expensive.
For the same money (or less), you could buy:
All 3 ramps brand new.
A full plastics kit AND protection kit AND a full LED bulb kit.
A Pinscore/Xpin LED display AND a new translight.
A full cabinet decal set AND new legs, levelers and bolts.
(I could do this all day)
Hell, the knucklehead who's selling them on ebay could at LEAST toss in free PM shipping... But he's even overcharging for that! If that greedy dude would include PM shipping for the $300, i'd probably buy one... but until then, I will absolutely never buy one, just on principal.

Never said it was cheap, and the quality costs money. Y'all act like his time to design and build them is worth 0 dollars.

Your comparison on what other things cost is pointless. Pinball is freakin expensive, but just for giggles:

Ramp set: 303.00. You are incorrect

Plastics: 166 (Marco), protectors (pinbits and Cliffy) 115.00, led kit (premium kit, coitaker) 221. You are incorrect

LED display (big daddy) 150.00 new backglass (sold out) 249.99. You are incorrect.

I could do this all day.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Never said it was cheap, and the quality costs money. Y'all act like his time to design and build them is worth 0 dollars.
Your comparison on what other things cost is pointless. Pinball is freakin expensive, but just for giggles:
Plastics: 166 (Marco), protectors (pinbits and Cliffy) 115.00, led kit (premium kit, coitaker) 221. You are incorrect
LED display (big daddy) 150.00 new backglass (sold out) 249.99. You are incorrect.
I could do this all day.

Why are you so angry? The fact is that for what the mod does it is incredibly expensive. A motor that works in this costs less than $20 shipped. Sure their time is valuable but they probably made up all of their R&D time after selling 3 kits. The time to assemble this would be less than an hour. The rest of the parts for this maybe brings the total cost of the mod to $100 if they are over paying for all of the parts. So then in that case they make $200 an hour.

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Why are you so angry? The fact is that for what the mod does it is incredibly expensive. A motor that works in this costs less than $20 shipped. Sure their time is valuable but they probably made up all of their R&D time after selling 3 kits. The time to assemble this would be less than an hour. The rest of the parts for this maybe brings the total cost of the mod to $100 if they are over paying for all of the parts. So then in that case they make $200 an hour.

Who is angry? Not I. I just don't think some folks understand how expensive some of this is. For the most part all mods are expensive. Color dmd is 400 bucks, a wobble head for dr who is 300+. Have you even looked at what is included in the original kit? It is much more than a motor, and is pretty much plug n play. (Which for a lot of people here is great, since they cannot even use a soldering iron)

It is your money, spend how you want, but I don't consider the kit overpriced. It is cheaper than a lot of the stuff listed, yet nobody minds dropping 300+ for ramps, 115 for protectors, etc...

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Who is angry? Not I. I just don't think some folks understand how expensive some of this is. For the most part all mods are expensive. Color dmd is 400 bucks, a wobble head for dr who is 300+. Have you even looked at what is included in the original kit? It is much more than a motor, and is pretty much plug n play. (Which for a lot of people here is great, since they cannot even use a soldering iron)
It is your money, spend how you want, but I don't consider the kit overpriced. It is cheaper than a lot of the stuff listed, yet nobody minds dropping 300+ for ramps, 115 for protectors, etc...

Yes I have looked at the kit and even the instructions. Sure it is plug and play but still expensive for what you get.

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Yes I have looked at the kit and even the instructions. Sure it is plug and play but still expensive for what you get.

Just like every single mod. Like I said, pinball is expensive. The kit has stainless steel and aluminum (neither are cheap), have to be machined and assembled by hand. Wire harness has to be built, etc..it's obviously not being cranked out by some factory somewhere, and it is built to last in an industrial machine.

I don't make them, I have no vested interest in them, but I get that quality costs money, and I am nothing but extremely happy with mine, and it was worth what I paid.

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I could do this all day.

You could misquote me all day? Yes, I'll bet you could! However I will concede the whopping $3 mentioned in your only accurate quote.
Is the guy who makes that kit your daddy or something? Grow up and chill the hell out man... Geeez.

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

You could misquote me all day? Yes, I'll bet you could! However I will concede the whopping $3 mentioned in your only accurate quote.
Is the guy who makes that kit your daddy or something? Grow up and chill the hell out man... Geeez.

All the prices I quoted were correct, and I did not misquote. Try some reading comprehension.

#321 7 years ago

I bet the mod is priced right at around $250 now that a lot have been made. Maybe $300 shipped is fine, I'm not complaining about the cost either, but some mods make me laugh when there are more than one road to accomplish the same thing.

The original design or whatever is made of stainless steel and routed aluminum, ok. maybe 3d printing was not available yet, but now 3d printing is boss. And makes making this mod out of metal overkill. It's a simple machine under the pf, as long as it works and will last and looks good. I'm ok with exploring an updated alternative.

The originators deserve to be paid what is due for the plug and play feature

But I am a modder, and I choose to modify and redesign and tool in a classy way. So if I figure out a new way to make this happen in a cheaper way, I'll share. And the guy selling the metal one will still sell his peace

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

All the prices I quoted were correct, and I did not misquote. Try some reading comprehension.

Right, I say "translight" and you quote "backglass", I say "Pinscore/Xpin" and you quote Rottendog.. And I'M the one who cant read??! And I never mentioned Cliffy's, or anything about cointaker LED's either.

Dude, do us all a favor and take your hyper-sensitive, uber-defensive BS and go save the world in another forum, These threads are BY DESIGN used for free expression of thoughts, idea's and opinions... And YOU are the cancer to freedom of speech. But since you insist on obsessively and repeatedly making an ass of yourself, and obviously proving that you dont know shit about pinball machines since you dont even know the difference between a backglass and a translight... You now hold the esteemed honor of being the very FIRST Pinside member that I have added to my ignore list.

#323 7 years ago

200_s_(resized).png200_s_(resized).png

#324 7 years ago

I'm with you , hehe

Earthshaker!!!!

#325 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Right, I say "translight" and you quote "backglass", I say "Pinscore/Xpin" and you quote Rottendog.. And I'M the one who cant read??! And I never mentioned Cliffy's, or anything about cointaker LED's either.
Dude, do us all a favor and take your hyper-sensitive, uber-defensive BS and go save the world in another forum, These threads are BY DESIGN used for free expression of thoughts, idea's and opinions... And YOU are the cancer to freedom of speech. But since you insist on obsessively and repeatedly making an ass of yourself, and obviously proving that you dont know shit about pinball machines since you dont even know the difference between a backglass and a translight... You now hold the esteemed honor of being the very FIRST Pinside member that I have added to my ignore list.

Sweet. Do I get an award? Thank you for reminding me why I decided to not send you the WW plastics your were looking for.

1 week later
#326 7 years ago

Hi all,
Looking for advice. What's the best way to access the top left skill shot ramp? I'd like to get the left ramp off too.

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Hi all,
Looking for advice. What's the best way to access the top left skill shot ramp? I'd like to get the left ramp off too.

You pretty much have to remove the entire back part of the pf. The fault has to come out, the plastics around it, etc..

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Hi all,

Not sure I understand the question... Are you trying to remove the ramps from the playfield?

#329 7 years ago

Thanks, that's what I suspected. I need to get the middle and left ramp off for some repairs. Looks like I'll have a good excuse to use the rotisserie I made.

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Thanks, that's what I suspected. I need to get the middle and left ramp off for some repairs. Looks like I'll have a good excuse to use the rotisserie I made.

It's a good time to do leds too, especially for the flashers back there.

1 month later
#331 7 years ago

ES is great and want to keep forever. Does the gate for zone 5 have a switch for the gate? My assembly is all gone. Page 70 of manual only has an assembly(A-12557) and a wire(12-6731-1) I can't find a switch in the manual(or anything missing from wiring harness) for that ball gate so I'm wondering if there is a switch there at all. TIA

#332 7 years ago
Quoted from JAmods:

ES is great and want to keep forever. Does the gate for zone 5 have a switch for the gate? My assembly is all gone. Page 70 of manual only has an assembly(A-12557) and a wire(12-6731-1) I can't find a switch in the manual(or anything missing from wiring harness) for that ball gate so I'm wondering if there is a switch there at all. TIA

Nope, the only switch is in the drop hole.

#333 7 years ago

Any news on the repro back glass?

#334 7 years ago

Just picked up a ES last weekend and getting it cleaned up great pin!

Just added metal pinball instructions cards as well I think came out nice.

20160803_212123_(resized).jpg20160803_212123_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#335 7 years ago

Does anyone have a used backglass for sale. It doesn't have to be perfect.

1 week later
#336 7 years ago

Who thinks its time to change the name of this club?

How about "Earthshaker owners club - bitchin!" ??

#337 7 years ago

Just got my Earthshaker playfield looking brand new with an overlay. Now looks better than brand new. This playfield always takes a beating, and I got tired of it looking worn out, and especially discolored.

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from randypinman:

Just got my Earthshaker playfield looking brand new with an overlay. Now looks better than brand new. This playfield always takes a beating, and I got tired of it looking worn out, and especially discolored.

Got Pics?

#339 7 years ago

Here are some pics of the overlay. I didn't take any final pics before I sold the pinball.

clear inserts back (resized).jpgclear inserts back (resized).jpg

clear inserts front (resized).jpgclear inserts front (resized).jpg

Overlay (resized).jpgOverlay (resized).jpg

Playfield After (resized).jpgPlayfield After (resized).jpg

#340 7 years ago

That's pretty, where did you get that?

2 weeks later
#341 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

That's pretty, where did you get that?

Where did you get that, I've been thinking of getting a donor Earthshaker but their playfields are just as bad as mine.

#343 7 years ago

I'm praying that someone will PM me with a ZONE 1 plastic to sell. I tried to find one last year when I finished the refurb with no luck, gonna ask again. Its the only piece I still need to complete this game. I have a crappy inkjet printed one in there that doesn't look good. Anyone wanna sell one to me ? Please ? see pic of what i need. Thanks
JP

ES plastic (resized).jpgES plastic (resized).jpg

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

I'm praying that someone will PM me with a ZONE 1 plastic to sell. I tried to find one last year when I finished the refurb with no luck, gonna ask again. Its the only piece I still need to complete this game. I have a crappy inkjet printed one in there that doesn't look good. Anyone wanna sell one to me ? Please ? see pic of what i need. Thanks
JP

I think I shelled out $$ for that plastic about a year ago or longer, good luck man . If I see another I'll pm you

#345 7 years ago

thanks Chosen_S, I think the repro set comes with two, hopefully someone has an extra.
JP

#346 7 years ago

here a spot you can check out for your wanted item...

http://www.ministryofpinball.nl/nl/earthshaker-plastic-surfer-boy.html

#347 7 years ago

Thanks , I ordered it from Ministry o p . called it surfer boy, not zone one like I've been searching for. Funny, ordered a taxi plastic from him last week, never saw it on the site... feel stupid now
JP

1 week later
#348 7 years ago

New Member here. I'm buying a friend's ES and it's a beauty with new ramps, Moving building kit, new plastics, and the top header.

Getting it tonight.

I'll send pics after it's home.

#349 7 years ago

Trying to join the club in md. Cash or have a nice robo war I'm almost finished cleaning up

#350 7 years ago

Here's a couple of pics of the ES I just got from one of my best friends:

IMG_8894 (resized).JPGIMG_8894 (resized).JPG

IMG_8895 (resized).JPGIMG_8895 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.