(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,303 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 47.
#2001 10 months ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

I can confirm that mine has been through a couple of real quakes. The last "big one" was right before Christmas up in Northern California. Not too bad in my area but still woke me up.

I can also confirm my ES survived the 1989 Loma Prieta quake and other small ones after. Friend and I were actually playing ES at a pizzeria/bar in '89 when it the quake hit. Always found it amazing that Williams implemented the first shaker in a pinball machine that year!

#2002 10 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looks great! Ive been looking for ES forever. very hard to find now. There is a very nice one in CA. Has new pf and nice updates. Shipping is crazy these days....but how cool to an earthshaker that actually may have been in an earthquake

EarthShaker was the pinball machine that got me into pinball back in my college days. I sunk a whole semester's worth of book money into it. Later in life I knew I had to have one in my collection. I hope you can find one.

I have the new Golden Gate mod and it is great!

#2003 10 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Think the Basement Arcade still makes them ... email him .
He made one for me not long ago .

FYI for others. I emailed the Basement Arcade 4/18 for the mod and within hours received an email back from Mark that they are out and are in process of changing facilities and don't know when/if they will make more. They have a list of requests so if/when they can they will notify those people. That said, it's been a month and a half since then so who knows. Fingers crossed.

#2004 10 months ago

If anyone has another source let me know. Otherwise I'll post in the marketplace like the other pinsider had success with.

#2005 10 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looks great! Ive been looking for ES forever. very hard to find now. There is a very nice one in CA. Has new pf and nice updates. Shipping is crazy these days....but how cool to get an earthshaker that actually may have been in an earthquake

Get on that one in CA, maybe Bob Cunningham can grab it for you since he’s doing 40 states in 4 months. May get lucky.

#2006 10 months ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Get on that one in CA, maybe Bob Cunningham can grab it for you since he’s doing 40 states in 4 months. May get lucky.

Thx. That one loos great. Talking with seller.

#2008 10 months ago
Quoted from 8bitrobo:

A big thanks to those who have ordered one.

Got mine weeks ago ...
But with major restoration will be a while till unboxing ...
Great service ....
Shipping went quick

#2009 9 months ago

anyone have some good topside pf teardown pics? Ive got a game in boxes to restore...

#2010 9 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

anyone have some good topside pf teardown pics? Ive got a game in boxes to restore...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9P7gEwDRURCpk9te2

#2012 9 months ago

Anyone happen to know the lenth of the round metal post in back, the 2 back hex spacers on the left side rail and the hex spacer on the right side rail?

DSCN5504 (resized).JPGDSCN5504 (resized).JPGDSCN5512 (resized).JPGDSCN5512 (resized).JPG

#2013 9 months ago

Doing a restore on an Earthshaker pinball machine.
Replaced the old style sockets with new.
Trying to figure out the manufacturers logic as to why are their 2 wires for GI lighting?
Have 2 yellow and 2 yellow-white as well as 2 violet and 2 violent-whites powering them currently ?

20230611_082301 (resized).jpg20230611_082301 (resized).jpg20230611_082308 (resized).jpg20230611_082308 (resized).jpg20230611_082316 (resized).jpg20230611_082316 (resized).jpg20230611_082326 (resized).jpg20230611_082326 (resized).jpg
#2014 9 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Doing a restore on an Earthshaker pinball machine.
Replaced the old style sockets with new.
Trying to figure out the manufacturers logic as to why are their 2 wires for GI lighting?
Have 2 yellow and 2 yellow-white as well as 2 violet and 2 violent-whites powering them currently ?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is because it chains to another location - you will find there is only one socket where there is one of each wire which is the end of the circuit.

#2015 9 months ago

They just need power from the two wires and are not individually cpu controlled so they don't need a diode. The socket to socket jumpers were always smaller gauge yellow wire no matter what color gi string they are on (yellow,purple, etc) Each string (playfield left, playfield right, backbox, etc.) has a different solid & striped color wire and they might run thru relays so individual gi strings can be turned off/on for lighting effects. Each string is also individually fused.

#2016 9 months ago
Quoted from tylery85:

FYI for others. I emailed the Basement Arcade 4/18 for the mod and within hours received an email back from Mark that they are out and are in process of changing facilities and don't know when/if they will make more. They havet l a list of requests so if/when they can they will notify those people. That said, it's been a month and a half since then so who knows. Fingers crossed.

I’m on the hunt as well. Looking for a sinking institute. I’ll email them too to get on list

#2017 9 months ago

Think I got most of the first level figured out - just have a few hex posts on the stiffners that I need approx measurements for (with the tape on) red arrows pointing to them

DSCN5616 (resized).JPGDSCN5616 (resized).JPG
#2018 9 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Think I got most of the first level figured out

Further ahead than me ... still doing my GI String

IMG_20230410_100228.jpgIMG_20230410_100228.jpgIMG_20230410_100232.jpgIMG_20230410_100232.jpgIMG_20230410_100237.jpgIMG_20230410_100237.jpg
#2019 9 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's hard to tell from the photos, however it looks like you are missing your "In-Line" fuse holder for the (3) jet bumpers. TIP. I relocated the entire fuse holder to the backbox. It's way better and much easier to get to if needed.

#2020 9 months ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

missing your "In-Line"

Not there yet .. have the GI wire harness and switch harness installed the high output harness still hanging on the door.

#2021 9 months ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

It's hard to tell from the photos, however it looks like you are missing your "In-Line" fuse holder for the (3) jet bumpers. TIP. I relocated the entire fuse holder to the backbox. It's way better and much easier to get to if needed.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

I meant to also suggest it's very cool to light up the red ball kickout (or whatever it's called) with an additional led tapped into the GI lighting.
Additional lighting in the back corners of the playfield and even a bulb to light up the area where the ball sits, before shooting is great.

#2022 9 months ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

I meant to also suggest it's very cool to light up the red ball kickout (or whatever it's called) with an additional led tapped into the GI lighting.
Additional lighting in the back corners of the playfield

In progress... on the list ...

Not fond of lighting shooter lanes and troughs

#2023 9 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Here is where I'm at on the back, getting ready to start putting the harness on.

DSCN5622 (resized).JPGDSCN5622 (resized).JPG
#2024 9 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Here is where I'm at on the back, getting ready to start putting the harness on.

feel your pain brother

good luck !

#2025 9 months ago

On the list for a sinking Institute. Sounds like a long shot Anyone that has one they wont install shoot me a pm. Thx

#2026 9 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

feel your pain brother
good luck !

This is what I do every day - right now I have a earthshaker and high speed pf swaps in work with a stargazer, medusa, black knight, and haunted house waiting. Just finished mata hari, flash, fast draw, another stargazer, and a Viking last few months...

#2027 9 months ago

Anyone know where the chained flasher should go? It connects to the arrow flasher above my finger

DSCN5628 (resized).JPGDSCN5628 (resized).JPG
#2028 9 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Anyone know where the chained flasher should go? It connects to the arrow flasher above my finger

Do believe it goes under the angry sun ...

20230606_114425 (resized).jpg20230606_114425 (resized).jpg
#2029 9 months ago

Makes sense - thanks!

#2030 9 months ago

Golden Gate mod is on, looks very nice. Easy to install.

#2031 9 months ago

back almost done - some mech bodies out for powdercoat. New ramps are always fantastic.

DSCN5627 (resized).JPGDSCN5627 (resized).JPGDSCN5634 (resized).JPGDSCN5634 (resized).JPG
#2032 9 months ago

Is there anyplace that sells replacement boards for Earthshaker?

#2033 9 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Is there anyplace that sells replacement boards for Earthshaker?

try DumbAss makes great updated boards ! great service and ships fast !

#2034 9 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:try DumbAss makes great updated boards ! great service and ships fast !

I second this. He often has a wait time but that is because his stuff is awesome. Seriously top notch, and he is AMAZING with helping if need be. And if you can source components and are good at soldering, you can build your own from his blank boards.

I have bought several boards from Victor (dumbass) and all have worked 100% flawlessly.

And they are super nice to look at too! LOL

Chris

#2035 9 months ago

I also can recommend the Dumbass boards. I have built one from what he sells as a "Bare Board." You provide the parts and the labor, but you learn a lot along the way and Victor helps out here on Pinside if you get stuck.

#2036 9 months ago

Here is the Power Board you want!!
http://pinballpcb.com/products/williams-system-11c-power-supply/

System11CPowerBoard-1-1024x934 (resized).jpgSystem11CPowerBoard-1-1024x934 (resized).jpg
#2037 9 months ago

Here is the Power Board you want!! Yes, it's for Earthshaker!
http://pinballpcb.com/products/williams-system-11c-power-supply/

System11CPowerBoard-1-1024x934 (resized).jpgSystem11CPowerBoard-1-1024x934 (resized).jpg
#2040 9 months ago

Tone controls were added to adjust the Bass and Treble of the output with two adjustment knobs on the board
An updated amplifier section was added. It provides 2 channels with higher power (Rated at 25W) and quieter output
With two channels of of audio, a second output was added that can be used for a dedicated subwoofer output – this board has a build in subwoofer crossover, so no external components are needed to connect to a subwoofer in the cabinet.
The subwoofer output has its own volume control to control the volume of the subwoofer output
Uses the thicker 0.094″ PCB board
Dip switches for easy configuration
Linear voltage regulators for low noise on the audio section
Each board comes complete with a manual that includes instructions, parts listings, schematics, and a board layout drawing.

#2041 9 months ago

I sold my ES because every time I played it I'd hand it it's ass and boredom quickly set in. Not having extra funds available and wanting a new machine forced the sale. But now I truly do miss it. In fact, I bought a Whirlwind with the sale money and I ended up hating it so there's my punishment lol.
Honestly, if I could find a loaded clapped out ES playfield I would seriously consider building one from scratch IE new cab, boards, playfield and sent to Kruzman for his wizardry. Give your ES's a hug for me gents

#2042 9 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I sold my ES because every time I played it I'd hand it it's ass and boredom quickly set in. Not having extra funds available and wanting a new machine forced the sale. But now I truly do miss it. In fact, I bought a Whirlwind with the sale money and I ended up hating it so there's my punishment lol.
Honestly, if I could find a loaded clapped out ES playfield I would seriously consider building one from scratch IE new cab, boards, playfield and sent to Kruzman for his wizardry. Give your ES's a hug for me gents

I see Earthshaker as the easiest then Funhouse and then whirlwind. What do you think of funhouse? I used to love it and I still plan on possibly picking one up at some point but it seems like an easier whirlwind and the scoop being in the center makes it way easier to hit

#2043 9 months ago

I need one of these. Mine is not working.

#2044 9 months ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I see Earthshaker as the easiest then Funhouse and then whirlwind. What do you think of funhouse? I used to love it and I still plan on possibly picking one up at some point but it seems like an easier whirlwind and the scoop being in the center makes it way easier to hit

Funny you mention Funhouse. It was my first pin, I loved it but it was so clapped out it "almost" made the chopping block several times. But there was a love for it, couldn't let it go. The ES was in much better shape but I sold for a Whirlwind. The whirlwind call outs really wore on me. Years later (The FH was dead collecting dust for 5 years) I found a brand new OEM playfield that was cleared by Kruzman. $4K later I have a Funhouse that plays so damn fast it's nothing like the original and it's truly a marvel to just look at.
To quote Rudy "You ain't seen the likes of me".
The trapdoor is a challenge to hit on it's own let alone pull off the combo requiring that shot.

#2045 9 months ago

JET FUSE ISSUE

To isolate my problem, I have installed a 2.5A fuse for each of the (3) Jets. That's correct, each is individually wired. Everything works great, except after several games, one jet (the problem jet) will blow it's fuse. Only this one. The coils are new for all 3 jets, fyi. What I am missing?

What is stressing the fuse to blow? Mechanically, the operation is smooth and correct. Per a previous conversation, I just now adjusted the jet switch to open the gap slightly, making it slightly LESS sensitive. As best as I can observe, the spoon is centered properly. (all switches and other hardware new as well)

Thoughts, ideas?

#2046 9 months ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I need one of these. Mine is not working.

The products from this company are fantastic. I have purchased the Power Board, AFTER previously purchasing a Rottendog board. Like it way better. Don't get me wrong, love Rottendog products however in this case, the Power Board with the built in meter is fantastic.

Mentioned earlier, Dumbass boards are great too (I have Victor's 16 Opto Board for my STTNG pin).

#2047 9 months ago

I have what I believe is an NOS plastic set for Earthshaker. $150 plus shipping.

IMG_0633 (resized).jpegIMG_0633 (resized).jpegIMG_0634 (resized).jpegIMG_0634 (resized).jpeg
#2048 9 months ago
Quoted from tylery85:

FYI for others. I emailed the Basement Arcade 4/18 for the mod and within hours received an email back from Mark that they are out and are in process of changing facilities and don't know when/if they will make more. They have a list of requests so if/when they can they will notify those people. That said, it's been a month and a half since then so who knows. Fingers crossed.

Just to follow up; I received an email from Mark just now that he is working through the backlog list with a link to purchase one within the week before he moves further in the list. I know I was not first on the list and imagine the others ahead of me were contacted already. so I'm locked in at this point. Wanted to mention it so that others after me on the list have funds ready if they have more made ready to ship. Good luck.

#2049 9 months ago

There is an ad on the market right now for ES - price 11k. Beautiful game no doubt. HEP, seller says he has 16k in the game. I just finished a BoP restore, new head cabinet, new playfield, plastics, all new all the way including rubbers, cabinet stickers, flippers, all mechs and detailed polishing of parts, game is like new. Have about 6k into it. (Not including hourly time) Is it possible to put 16k into an ES? If the seller is on this site I am not trying to offend, just honestly curious. Hope it sells for 11k, as that will help raise value of my ES! Not that I am ever going to sell it.

#2050 9 months ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

There is an ad on the market right now for ES - price 11k. Beautiful game no doubt. HEP, seller says he has 16k in the game. I just finished a BoP restore, new head cabinet, new playfield, plastics, all new all the way including rubbers, cabinet stickers, flippers, all mechs and detailed polishing of parts, game is like new. Have about 6k into it. (Not including hourly time) Is it possible to put 16k into an ES? If the seller is on this site I am not trying to offend, just honestly curious. Hope it sells for 11k, as that will help raise value of my ES! Not that I am ever going to sell it.

I'm trying to think of a restore where literally everything has to be replaced; new playfield, new inserts, new boards, new decals, new paint, new hardware, sinking building mod etc, and it's still hard to imagine it hitting that number without considering a very high dollar per hour or agreed amount that HEP put into the restore. I could be wrong and if I am let me know.

That said, there might be someone willing to pay 11k for what is an essentially a better than new machine that was originally made 35 years ago. People pay that now for LEs...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 2,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.