(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,310 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Golgotha
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 47.
#901 4 years ago

Greetings,

If you follow the TAF owner's thread by chance then you would have seen that I created a light board for the "THING" lamps that allow you to fit a ColorDMD LCD over top of them. I see that perhaps Earthshaker has the same board (D-12501 / 5768-12377-00 Rev A)? I do not own an Earthshaker but I am willing to create one of these boards for this machine if you guys want me to. I realize you don't have a ColorDMD to install and worry about, but perhaps your current board is missing or broken and you would like a replacement. Below you can find all the photos of the one I created for TAF. It fits flush with a black colored board to prevent any light from leaking through. I am producing two versions, one with Warm White 3000K leds and one with Cool White 5700K ones. The photos below show the Warm White version. I did tweak the shape from the ones shown to allow an easy plug and play installation even if you have a set of flipper fidelity or pinball pro speakers without having to remove them. There is some slight ghosting but it ins't very bad IMO. If you have one of the OCD LED boards installed it should eliminate any ghosting although I do not have one to test that theory.

I am estimating them to be in stock by the end of February, and should only be around $10-$20 ea plus shipping as I am not looking to make anything off them, just wanting to help others out.

Anyways, if you want one please PM me with the following:

-Subject: Earthshaker Light Board
-Full Mailing Address
-# of boards wanted
-Paypal Email Address

Once the boards are in production I will send you a paypal invoice for payment along with the total amount shipped. Any extras from the batch order will also go on my pinside shop if you prefer to wait until then. I do plan to keep these in stock as long as there is a demand for them so no worries on "Missing Out" from any kind of one time order.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

Photo Jan 19, 6 49 11 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 6 49 11 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 6 49 21 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 6 49 21 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 6 50 04 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 6 50 04 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 05 09 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 05 09 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 11 16 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 11 16 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 11 27 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 11 27 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 26 12 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 26 12 PM (resized).jpg
#902 4 years ago

Earthshaker....... had one, sold it, regretted it ever since.
A new ES will be added to the collection at some point and then I will restore it to the max.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Earthshaker....... had one, sold it, regretted it ever since.
A new ES will be added to the collection at some point and then I will restore it to the max.

Agree, Earthshaker is the one machine that I do not plan on selling. Hoping one day to do a playfield swap on it (though current playfield is in pretty good shape). But great game, fun, not as challenging as some other machines but love the theme and the call outs.

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Agree, Earthshaker is the one machine that I do not plan on selling. Hoping one day to do a playfield swap on it (though current playfield is in pretty good shape). But great game, fun, not as challenging as some other machines but love the theme and the call outs.

I've got a Whirlwind and Funhouse as well. I always thought of them as to be a mandatory set, own one, own them all.

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

I've got a Whirlwind and Funhouse as well. I always thought of them as to be a mandatory set, own one, own them all.

Yes the "trifecta" of pins, Earthshaker, Whirlwind, and Funhouse. Most everyone would say that Whirlwind is better than Earthshaker. I might be one of the few who disagree. I think Earthshaker is as good as Funhouse and better than Whirlwind. Earthshaker is just more fun for me to play.

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

pedleboy did you ever solve this? Seems like jhanley has the only answer. Here's what mine looks like, resulting in a stuck ball until the fault closes, robbing the player of the lock:[quoted image][quoted image]

I still haven't found one. This winter I'm tearing it down and going to try to either rebuild it or make a new one.
D.

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Agree, my brother in law has Whirlwind and when he is ready to sell it, I will get it then. Funhouse is a fun game but a little out of my price range. I have a Roadshow in order to get the creepy faces on the machine.

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Yes the "trifecta" of pins, Earthshaker, Whirlwind, and Funhouse. Most everyone would say that Whirlwind is better than Earthshaker. I might be one of the few who disagree. I think Earthshaker is as good as Funhouse and better than Whirlwind. Earthshaker is just more fun for me to play.

Completely agree that Earthshaker is more fun even though everyone says differently. Even my brother in law that owns Whirlwind likes Earthshaker better.

#909 4 years ago

I think Earthshaker is more fun than both Whirlwind and Funhouse--i.e. I can play a game, and not feel stressed out, and just enjoy the experience. I think Whirlwind is a better playing game than both Funhouse and Earthshaker in both rules and layout. I can sit down at Whirlwind and really hash away through the game's progression to really make the most of it. Funhouse, far and away, is the most creative and most atmospheric though. I'd love to own one, but I can't justify the cost considering Whirlwind and Earthshaker are just as good or better in a lot of ways. But that's just me.

#910 4 years ago

Who would love to see a ROM mod that'd allow multiple JP's during a single multiball? I'd gladly pay a few bucks for that… @soren, please help

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from hiho:

Who would love to see a ROM mod that'd allow multiple JP's during a single multiball? I'd gladly pay a few bucks for that… soren, please help

What would you have the player do to enable this? It would be WAY too easy otherwise to just shoot jackpots all day.

Suggestions from several years ago were complete some combo of 1-9 zones again during multiball to reenable.

I'd make it first jackpot is a freebie, then you have to <do something> to enable the second jackpot, which is timed. Keep doing it but the timer keeps getting shorter and shorter..... making you probably have to shoot the last zone as zone 5 so that you had enough time to one shot it.

The original design even incorporates some of this, you have to his the overpass via the plunger or the center ramp to enable collection (which incidentally will make it easier to program in repeatable jackpot).

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from hiho:

Who would love to see a ROM mod that'd allow multiple JP's during a single multiball? I'd gladly pay a few bucks for that… soren, please help

I would like to see multiple jackpots by hitting the center ramp to relight.

#913 4 years ago

Hey guys, I've got a possible lead on an Earthshaker; it's on free-play in a furniture store of all places! Anyway, its very players condition. Side decals and head are pretty good, cabinet is a little rough in places but okay. The major concern is that the playfield has a lot of wear and planking. Without seeing any pictures, what do you guys think about an offer price? The owner is an old-school guy, has a not-updated Frontpage 98 website, and he sells and repairs pins for a living. Before I call to ask him about ES, I wanted to get an idea of the price range that I should be offering.

What do you guys think? Thanks.

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I find them all three equally fun. Allthough I play a lot more whirlwind than Funhouse.
Play a lot of Stern lately, but find myself always falling "back" on my williams collection somehow.

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

What would you have the player do to enable this? It would be WAY too easy otherwise to just shoot jackpots all day.
Suggestions from several years ago were complete some combo of 1-9 zones again during multiball to reenable.
I'd make it first jackpot is a freebie, then you have to <do something> to enable the second jackpot, which is timed. Keep doing it but the timer keeps getting shorter and shorter..... making you probably have to shoot the last zone as zone 5 so that you had enough time to one shot it.
The original design even incorporates some of this, you have to his the overpass via the plunger or the center ramp to enable collection (which incidentally will make it easier to program in repeatable jackpot).

Any combination of shots would be nice. Maybe a target sweep, a ramp, some zone shots, you name it.

#916 4 years ago

Is it still possible to find CPR playfields anywhere? The more I pull off my Earthshaker the more I just want to get a new playfield.

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I sent you a pm 18 days ago explaining that all the posts are mixed up in a pile of probably 50 others. I don’t just have a set of Earthshaker specific posts all together. They are all mixed in with many others. I said I had the three smaller post sorted but didn’t know the sizes for the 4 at the back. I would like to and will happily help you out with what you need but I’d like to keep the spares incase I need them. That’s not unreasonable is it?

It is far more then just reasonable; its just that I cannot physically measure any of the requested posts since I threw them away, bein broke in half and not reusable in any way.

If there would be anyone in the proces of de- or re-populating the playfield, please please measure the posts circled in red in one of my previous pics and reveal their sizes, lenghts and threads if possible??

#918 4 years ago

Joined the club at last.
1–no sinking building.
2–yes, I have Whirlwind.

D37CC1BF-701B-42F6-9980-8702B6C80873 (resized).jpegD37CC1BF-701B-42F6-9980-8702B6C80873 (resized).jpeg2C45FE22-4185-41AA-A527-D203BC18EDA4 (resized).jpeg2C45FE22-4185-41AA-A527-D203BC18EDA4 (resized).jpeg3C07B84D-70A4-4D61-AF88-9753B1F1CF8D (resized).jpeg3C07B84D-70A4-4D61-AF88-9753B1F1CF8D (resized).jpeg
#919 4 years ago

I have a lighting question. I plan to go LED in the near future. Does Earthshaker benefit from having GI OCD and/or LED OCD or does it not matter?

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

I have a lighting question. I plan to go LED in the near future. Does Earthshaker benefit from having GI OCD and/or LED OCD or does it not matter?

I added non-ghostings in mine and that worked fine. No need for LED OCD imo.

#921 4 years ago

Thanks. I need to order a bunch of LEDs and will make sure to get some non ghosting.

Just picked up Funhouse as well. Consensus seems to be OCD’s are needed there.

#922 4 years ago

I'm in with an Earthshaker as well.

Needs a playfield. Looking for one
Cabinet decals, ramps. Will get them.
Game plays 100 % now that I fixed some issues.

Owned two Whirlwinds already, like Earthshaker way more though.
Oh, and no sinking building either.

#923 4 years ago

Can someone help with a question on posts?

The pictures are of the area by the left sling. The end of the ramp is supported by two plastic posts. I don’t think this is right and the beacon is too high (hits the PF glass). What is it supposed to be?

A36E8DE1-C9F1-4942-86CA-3866436E606A (resized).jpegA36E8DE1-C9F1-4942-86CA-3866436E606A (resized).jpegFB56AFC9-43B5-4472-81A0-7DB31955819E (resized).jpegFB56AFC9-43B5-4472-81A0-7DB31955819E (resized).jpeg
#924 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Can someone help with a question on posts?
The pictures are of the area by the left sling. The end of the ramp is supported by two plastic posts. I don’t think this is right and the beacon is too high (hits the PF glass). What is it supposed to be?[quoted image][quoted image]

The ramp looks correct. The flasher is the wrong one. A shorter one goes there.

IMG_0162 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_0162 (1) (resized).jpg
#925 4 years ago

Actually I was wrong. Your flasher needs to be installed under the ramp and there are 1/4 inch bushings between the flasher and bottom of the ramp.

#926 4 years ago

I don’t think it’s a shorter one. It should Just be put in from underneath.

Here’s a picture of it from on top. I also took a picture of the next one up. Should the others be mounted from underneath too?

D49BB6BB-CF2C-4EF9-B6B5-CCF8DB80A1F9 (resized).jpegD49BB6BB-CF2C-4EF9-B6B5-CCF8DB80A1F9 (resized).jpegD72A7FC0-4A20-403E-BE55-29A972965809 (resized).jpegD72A7FC0-4A20-403E-BE55-29A972965809 (resized).jpeg
#927 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

I don’t think it’s a shorter one. It should Just be put in from underneath.
Here’s a picture of it from on top. I also took a picture of the next one up. Should the others be mounted from underneath too?[quoted image][quoted image]

No the other ones are on top. I just noticed there are 1/4 inch bushings in that one to get it lower. Does the glass clear now?

#928 4 years ago

Yes. Didn’t find any bushings but now it will clear. Thanks for pointing that out.

5ADFF264-413A-46AA-8CB4-311808C4E82A (resized).jpeg5ADFF264-413A-46AA-8CB4-311808C4E82A (resized).jpeg
#929 4 years ago

Hey all! Random question and hopefully not a crazy one?! Just recently when I flip on my ES all I get is a loud constant buzzing sound upon powering on...much more than “static” from the speakers and a constant loud buzzing...the game does not boot at this point nor is there anything on the displays (however GI and lights all come on)...within 2 to 3 seconds I power cycle it and it boots and plays just fine...it has just started doing this recently I’d say within the last week...the boards were all reflowed and all the caps were just recently replaced as well as the MOSFET resistor mod to reduce heat (done by a good friend of mine)...only thing that initially came to mind was possibly a bridge rectifier going bad? But don’t those typically not ever go bad?! (I know it’s a 30 year old pinball and something always breaks!)...any thoughts and or suggestions would be great!!

Thanks!

#930 4 years ago

Did you replace the capacitor at C30 on the MPU? It's right next to the battery holder. I had a nearly identical problem and replacing that cap fixed it.

#931 4 years ago

I’ll definitely give that a look when I get home this evening!

Thanks for the response!

Quoted from RonSwanson:

Did you replace the capacitor at C30 on the MPU? It's right next to the battery holder. I had a nearly identical problem and replacing that cap fixed it.

1 week later
#932 4 years ago

Any opinion on ES lighting kits? Pinbulbz and Cointaker seem to have a few options each. Has anyone tried any of these and if so how did it turn out. The backglass on the Pinbulbz version looks pretty intense but sometimes pictures are deceiving.

#933 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Any opinion on ES lighting kits? Pinbulbz and Cointaker seem to have a few options each. Has anyone tried any of these and if so how did it turn out. The backglass on the Pinbulbz version looks pretty intense but sometimes pictures are deceiving.

I've purchased several kits from Cointaker and have been super happy with them. Go with nonghosting, I didn't the with the first kit and that was a mistake. I later replaced the controlled lights with nonghosting.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fB12apux8PEhuXkB8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mUUemPt4sbXc7PD9A

Note that I cleaned and repainted the light board as well:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/T8b3PaTccau7WGUn9

The LEDs behind the "Earthshaker" in the upper right blink which is pretty cool looking, semi-animated looking.

Those photos kind of give you an idea of how "intense" they are, to which I like because I have trouble tracking the ball in dim lighting. But these photos do make things look washed out, it isn't like that in person... IMHO, this pin really "pops", it is bright and vivid.

Some pins I've purchased have had LED kits in them that were subpar, thus they were replaced with Cointaker kits and the results are better. I have no issues recommending them based on my experiences and results.

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

I put my own together from Comet.

59400DD6-305F-464E-B9C4-F008398C71B1 (resized).jpeg59400DD6-305F-464E-B9C4-F008398C71B1 (resized).jpeg
#935 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

I put my own together from Comet.[quoted image]

Where did you get those rules/credit cards? they are very nice.

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Where did you get those rules/credit cards? they are very nice.

Here on Pinside, just search for this thread.

Looking for Earthshaker Apron Card File

By erico201
12 MONTHS AGO

#937 4 years ago

I have two Earthshakers and want to sell one. Doesn't matter to me which one sells, just one has to go.
Add in Marketplace

#938 4 years ago

Need some help on my ES.

See the picture. I’m pretty certain the rubber rings should go across the space where the habitrail is located. If this is true shouldn’t the post on the left be a double ring post? Behind the habitrail is a screw. Should there be a double ring post there too?

Thanks for any guidance anyone can give.

AAA2266D-A587-42C3-AA9E-6B93FC38A478 (resized).jpegAAA2266D-A587-42C3-AA9E-6B93FC38A478 (resized).jpeg
#939 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Need some help on my ES.
See the picture. I’m pretty certain the rubber rings should go across the space where the habitrail is located. If this is true shouldn’t the post on the left be a double ring post? Behind the habitrail is a screw. Should there be a double ring post there too?
Thanks for any guidance anyone can give.[quoted image]

I just dealt with this yesterday, lol

Use 4” rubber

Yes double ring post directly behind habitrail
68384585-7E8F-47E4-86D2-25076CBF4F71 (resized).jpeg68384585-7E8F-47E4-86D2-25076CBF4F71 (resized).jpegB7D5422A-051F-428D-9941-47B9298ACCFA (resized).jpegB7D5422A-051F-428D-9941-47B9298ACCFA (resized).jpeg

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

I put my own together from Comet.[quoted image]

Which backglass do you have? Those colors look amazing

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I just dealt with this yesterday, lol
Use 4” rubber
Yes double ring post directly behind habitrail
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pictures. Can’t quite figure out the screw I have. Seems like if a post were on there it would block the hole.

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Thanks for the pictures. Can’t quite figure out the screw I have. Seems like if a post were on there it would block the hole.

I think that screw is an error. The screw you’re looking for is (looking at your photo) is to the left behind the vuk wireform

#943 4 years ago

I think you’re correct. I’ll look for it (if it is there). I’ll get a double post (or two).

#944 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Which backglass do you have? Those colors look amazing

I am fairly sure it is the original factory backglass. The game has very little fade.

#945 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

I am fairly sure it is the original factory backglass. The game has very little fade.

It’s the best lit , best color I’ve ever seen in photos, thank you for replying

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I think that screw is an error. The screw you’re looking for is (looking at your photo) is to the left behind the vuk wireform

The post way under the plastic is there. The bare screw clearly needs to come out but in looking to the right of the white target I see two posts. I don’t think the front post belongs there. Is that correct?

On the left side of the playfield by Zone 8 I see a double ring post. Is this supposed to be a single? If so I need to remove both posts on the right side and trade one for the double ring post.

97BDA6C8-959A-4FE9-9604-504ABB182B00 (resized).jpeg97BDA6C8-959A-4FE9-9604-504ABB182B00 (resized).jpeg9CF10F6B-BB6E-4D58-A51A-4446ADF97206 (resized).jpeg9CF10F6B-BB6E-4D58-A51A-4446ADF97206 (resized).jpeg
#947 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

The post way under the plastic is there. The bare screw clearly needs to come out but in looking to the right of the white target I see two posts. I don’t think the front post belongs there. Is that correct?
On the left side of the playfield by Zone 8 I see a double ring post. Is this supposed to be a single? If so I need to remove both posts on the right side and trade one for the double ring post.[quoted image][quoted image]

Its supposed to be like this . The post in front next to the wireform is not supposed to be there.The other side is a single post.
IMG_0186 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_0186 (1) (resized).jpg

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

On the left side of the playfield by Zone 8 I see a double ring post. Is this supposed to be a single? If so I need to remove both posts on the right side and trade one for the double ring post.[quoted image][quoted image]

The post north of the wire form should not be there as jhanley said. The problem is that if you now remove that post you will most likely see the hole left behind. I would replace both posts with double posts and put the rubber bands as it should, stretching all the way across.

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The post north of the wire form should not be there as jhanley said. The problem is that if you now remove that post you will most likely see the hole left behind. I would replace both posts with double posts and put the rubber bands as it should, stretching all the way across.

The one south of that post shouldn’t either.There should only be 3 posts.

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

The one south of that post shouldn’t either.There should only be 3 posts.

Thanks for pointing that out. Basically I have two extra posts-just above and just below the wire form and hole. Both are on the section of playfield that is painted white.

I’ll need to play with this some. As Scoot pointed out I would end up with 3 holes (including the bare screw to the right of the hole). Fortunately the rings may block the view of the holes or the evidence of filling and painting them.

Puzzling how things ended up this way. Of course a lot can happen over 30 years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault/page/19?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.