(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,303 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 47.
#651 5 years ago

For anyone wanting an overload of photos on an Earthshaker being restored...

"Short" version with somewhat helpful info:
http://4130-products.com/pinball/index.php/earthshaker-restore/

All photos from restore to look over:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9P7gEwDRURCpk9te2

#652 5 years ago

Need your help fellow ES owners. Lost my pop bumpers and shaker motor mid game. Checked the fuse by the pops, metered good. Checking fuses on the driver board...they pulled and tested good on a meter.
I have voltage at the pop coils. I'm a bit stumped. Combing thru the manual now. Something stupid I'm missing?
They seem to have red/white in common.

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

For anyone wanting an overload of photos on an Earthshaker being restored...
"Short" version with somewhat helpful info:
http://4130-products.com/pinball/index.php/earthshaker-restore/
All photos from restore to look over:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9P7gEwDRURCpk9te2

How did you remove the paint from the "W" logo on your coindoor? Careful sanding, light rubbing with lacquer thinner, something else? I have mine repainted and haven't touched the W for fear of f-ing it up.

#654 5 years ago

Some pics after playfield and plastics swap ....

P1020791 (resized).JPGP1020791 (resized).JPG

P1020797 (resized).JPGP1020797 (resized).JPG

P1020805 (resized).JPGP1020805 (resized).JPG

P1020811 (resized).JPGP1020811 (resized).JPG

P1020771 (resized).JPGP1020771 (resized).JPG

P1020767 (resized).JPGP1020767 (resized).JPG

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Need your help fellow ES owners. Lost my pop bumpers and shaker motor mid game. Checked the fuse by the pops, metered good. Checking fuses on the driver board...they pulled and tested good on a meter.
I have voltage at the pop coils. I'm a bit stumped. Combing thru the manual now. Something stupid I'm missing?
They seem to have red/white in common.

This has been resolved. Bad 0 ohm resistor (W4) on aux power supply board.

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Some pics after playfield and plastics swap ....

Looks really good! Wow - what a beautiful game.

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Looks really good! Wow - what a beautiful game.

I'm excited to get my new playfield and backglass. I just checked the CPR website and bronze playfields are already sold out. Hopefully, this means it was a really good run ala Fish Tales. Anybody get a backglass yet?

#658 5 years ago

I've got a broken but maybe usable for someone center ramp I'd be happy to give away if anyone has a project or something or another they'd like to use it for. PM me.

20180513_155650 (resized).jpg20180513_155650 (resized).jpg

20180513_155642 (resized).jpg20180513_155642 (resized).jpg

#659 5 years ago

FYI - I never got an update e-mail, but apparently, there are problems with this run of backglasses and they are dropping the price/offering refunds.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/esglass.html

My original is nice, other than some colors (flesh tones, green) are badly faded. What to do?

#660 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

FYI - I never got an update e-mail, but apparently, there are problems with this run of backglasses and they are dropping the price/offering refunds.
My original is nice, other than some colors (flesh tones, green) are badly faded. What to do?

Very bad for CPR but: It is great that they state this and make a new price. Now people know what to expect !
My glass ist perfect but the whole machine was way overprized here in germany, however ... this backglasses are great replacement for destroyed glasses and will keep some machines alive ... Good job in it all !!

#661 5 years ago

I for one would by any glass they offer. My machine doesn't have one at all.

#662 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I for one would by any glass they offer. My machine doesn't have one at all.

I agree. It's a little tougher for me. Is it worth $179 to trade one set of flaws for another?

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I agree. It's a little tougher for me. Is it worth $179 to trade one set of flaws for another?

i am in the same boat here. some cracking but it isnt flaking. it looks solid. was considering buying one but do not want to swap on flaw for another. maybe they will do another run eventually.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Thanks for posting this link. How did you come across the page? Having recently purchased, but not yet received 2 playfields and a backglass, I haven't been informed of this issue.

#665 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thanks for posting this link. How did you come across the page? Having recently purchased, but not yet received 2 playfields and a backglass, I haven't been informed of this issue.

It's a link off the main ES playfield order page. They've updated it a few times regarding delays. I never got the follow up e-mail, so figured I'd share.

#666 5 years ago

If someone has a decent backglass and is on the fence about a new one from CPR. PM and we can work a deal here; I'll either buy your original at a fair price or buy the new one at full price if youre not crazy about it.

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

How did you remove the paint from the "W" logo on your coindoor? Careful sanding, light rubbing with lacquer thinner, something else? I have mine repainted and haven't touched the W for fear of f-ing it up.

Painted, waited a few days for paint to fully cure, masked off around W logo and then sanded with 80 or 120 grit. Put sandpaper on a block of wood or some other hard flat surface and then go in one direction while keeping flat on logo. just takes a few passes to knock off the paint.

20170824_215204-768x576 (resized).jpg20170824_215204-768x576 (resized).jpg

20170824_215245-768x576 (resized).jpg20170824_215245-768x576 (resized).jpg

#668 5 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Painted, waited a few days for paint to fully cure, masked off around W logo and then sanded with 80 or 120 grit. Put sandpaper on a block of wood or some other hard flat surface and then go in one direction while keeping flat on logo. just takes a few passes to knock off the paint.

What paint is that?

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

What paint is that?

Black hammer paint from Rust-oleum. I had media blasted the coindoor, cleaned with Naphtha and then painted with the hammer paint. The coin door looks great, but it way more grey than black. The next one I do I'll put down a couple of light coats of plain black spray paint, then the black hammer paint and hopefully get a deeper black result.

20171007_201151-768x576 (resized).jpg20171007_201151-768x576 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#670 5 years ago

Just curious if anyone would share their mounting solution for the CPR Earthshaker topper that comes with the plastics set? I have some ideas but dont want to miss anything obvious.

15270808212502243973758478639434 (resized).jpg15270808212502243973758478639434 (resized).jpg

#671 5 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Just curious if anyone would share their mounting solution for the CPR Earthshaker topper that comes with the plastics set? I have some ideas but dont want to miss anything obvious.

Send to me for and I'll figure it out and do some long term testing. A simple L bracket(s) and screws. Might be even better if you have semi tubular rivets to mount the plastic to the bracket, that might look a bit more OE than screw heads. Then 2 holes in the top of the back box and simple wood screws to secure in place.

#672 5 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Send to me for and I'll figure it out and do some long term testing. A simple L bracket(s) and screws. Might be even better if you have semi tubular rivets to mount the plastic to the bracket, that might look a bit more OE than screw heads. Then 2 holes in the top of the back box and simple wood screws to secure in place.

I'm planning on illuminating mine from behind with an LED strip. L bracket is what I immediately thought of but I'll most likely drill into a separate piece of wood versus into the head of the pin. Thanks for the reply.

#673 5 years ago

I do have an Earthshaker prototype (not sample...one of 12 prototypes) that I'd be willing to trade if anyone is looking. Recently shopped and working great with sinking building. Has the light blue screen printed cab and a very nice XR7 playfield (which is like a diamondplate coating used on the prototypes). Also has the rare pink Cadillac screened backglass. Brand new ramps and plastics as well as the original prototype ramps and plastics included. Please PM me if you are interested or have anything for trade on my wishlist.

3 weeks later
#674 5 years ago

NOW UP FOR OPEN SEASON to the public at large...

The last 2-3 months have provided a thorough chance to the ES Preorder Group and ES Standby Group to follow through on our Earthshaker playfields run of early 2018. Now we finally take the remaining Earthshaker playfields and offer them up for general public sales. They will now reside in our CPR web site Store, where they can be purchased until they are gone:

http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-playfields.html

ES Plastics and backglasses are also being offered as bundle options, if taken with a playfield shipment.

These playfields were produced with the original Williams artwork films, by Tim Elliott.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

esplayfieldhomepage.jpgesplayfieldhomepage.jpg

#675 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

NOW UP FOR OPEN SEASON to the public at large...
The last 2-3 months have provided a thorough chance to the ES Preorder Group and ES Standby Group to follow through on our Earthshaker playfields run of early 2018. Now we finally take the remaining Earthshaker playfields and offer them up for general public sales. They will now reside in our CPR web site Store, where they can be purchased until they are gone:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-playfields.html
ES Plastics and backglasses are also being offered as bundle options, if taken with a playfield shipment.
These playfields were produced with the original Williams artwork films, by Tim Elliott.
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Kevin,

Still waiting to hear from you on my gold pf exchange.

Added over 6 years ago:

replacement received

#676 5 years ago

Just installed my sinking institution kit from Mark at Basement Arcade. What an enhancement to the game!

https://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/4sale/Earthshaker/index.html

The kit was easy to install, it's quiet, very well made and so worth the money. I'm not sure I'd he's still making them. When I ordered, he said had fewer than a dozen he could build and then no more. It's an 8 week build time.

Just need my backglass from BGResto and it'll be finished! Tried CPR, but they won't accommodate you unless you buy a playfield. Mine pf is great, I don't need one.

3 weeks later
#677 5 years ago

Love my ES, having a sound issue. Sound works for about 30 seconds then cuts off. Turn game off then back on, same result. Seems to consistent. Checked connections and they appear fine. Is something overheating? Any suggestions?

#678 5 years ago

Try reseating the ribbon cables and sound chip.

#679 5 years ago

TY, I did the ribbon cables already but not the sound chips, will try that today and let you know.

3 weeks later
#680 5 years ago

can anyone tell me what size the really large rubbers are that go on the right side under the HOLLY LAND plastic?

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

can anyone tell me what size the really large rubbers are that go on the right side under the HOLLY LAND plastic?

2x 4" on my game.

#682 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

2x 4" on my game.

Thank you

4 weeks later
#683 5 years ago

Received my CPR mirrored backglass today. This is one of their "imperfect" ones on sale for $169. Honestly couldn't be happier. There are a few very fine pinholes, but you really have to look. Colors pop and I love the mirrored look. Considering my machine hasn't had a backglass until now, this is great!!

20180914_141124 (resized).jpg20180914_141124 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#684 5 years ago

Picked up this ES a few weeks back and been working on it gradually. The machine didn’t boot up when I picked it up, it had 2 broken ramps, a burnt out lower display and a few other minor problems. The machine now plays 100%, I’ve replaced both cracked ramps, installed an led display and also installed my own version of a pinstadium lighting which works great. Love how this machine is turning out. Last thing to do is install a titan rubber kit and replaced gi and insert lighting with LED’s

14986A68-CCA8-45AF-8440-AFDAD2BC487C (resized).jpeg14986A68-CCA8-45AF-8440-AFDAD2BC487C (resized).jpeg14BE30D9-4282-48FD-B065-1473435213AE (resized).jpeg14BE30D9-4282-48FD-B065-1473435213AE (resized).jpeg594190EA-349B-4205-B6E6-CC2E130B7AD5 (resized).jpeg594190EA-349B-4205-B6E6-CC2E130B7AD5 (resized).jpeg6F220CD5-3B97-4D37-A6DA-5B24D2016CB1 (resized).jpeg6F220CD5-3B97-4D37-A6DA-5B24D2016CB1 (resized).jpeg736B1D08-E408-4809-AB05-92F8FCBE2BA8 (resized).jpeg736B1D08-E408-4809-AB05-92F8FCBE2BA8 (resized).jpeg783B0221-F830-4C59-BB99-ECEF9B68B5B0 (resized).jpeg783B0221-F830-4C59-BB99-ECEF9B68B5B0 (resized).jpeg965B2A74-7DC7-439F-9441-0C1579040596 (resized).jpeg965B2A74-7DC7-439F-9441-0C1579040596 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#685 5 years ago

hello everyone! i am new to the club and i just picked mine up yesterday and it is in pretty good condition i will post pics later.

#686 5 years ago

My Grandson played my Earthshaker for the first time last night. Real case of big eyes and a smile when he hit the quake.

#687 5 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

hello everyone! i am new to the club and i just picked mine up yesterday and it is in pretty good condition i will post pics later.

Lets get THE two questions out of the way:

1 - Does yours have the building that drops into the playfield?
2 - Do you have Whirlwind?

These are standard issue questions for most Earthshaker owners... may as well be a T-shirt at this point.

#688 5 years ago

I wish my had the building that drops into the playfield and I do not have Whirlwind but my brother in law right up the street from my house has it. I have read a lot of people saying they like Whirlwind more but I have to disagree. I may be bias a little but I prefer the theme, music, colors, and game play of Earthshaker a lot more than Whirlwind but each their own. My brother in law who owns Whirlwind agrees with me. But oh well, each their own

#689 5 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

These are standard issue questions for most Earthshaker owners... may as well be a T-shirt at this point.

no it doesn't have the sinking building mod. although it does have all new ramps, all new plastics, and a mint backglass and a pretty decent playfield. and no i do not have a whirlwind but i am planning on getting on in the future. i am 14 and have only 4 games so i don't know what i should get next. depends what i find

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

someone should honestly make a t-shirt. i may need to do that

#691 5 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

I may be bias a little but I prefer the theme, music, colors, and game play of Earthshaker a lot more than Whirlwind but each their own.

Everyone who comes over to play my games agrees that Earthshaker is the better game, and mine is sitting right next to Whirlwind. I personally prefer Whirlwind, and I think it gets more love from enthusiasts, mostly because WW is less exploitable than ES is. But ES has a much more interesting layout with a lot more "tricks" than whirlwind has, so I think that's why people gravitate towards it.

#692 5 years ago

Same to me .. I have WhiWi and ES side-by-side. WhiWi is a keeper for many many years and will last at our home.
ES is pretty fun and I enjoy all Lawlor machines and, for any reason, collect mostly this kind of pinballs.
WhiWi has much more options and shot, so its my favorite. However ... ES is a great game but much simpler.

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Everyone who comes over to play my games agrees that Earthshaker is the better game, and mine is sitting right next to Whirlwind

Mine gets more play than even Fish Tales.
And I DO have the sinking building.

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Mine gets more play than even Fish Tales.
And I DO have the sinking building.

I hope to find the sinking building mod one day and add it to my machine.

#695 5 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

I hope to find the sinking building mod one day and add it to my machine.

I ordered from Basement Arcades or something similar. When I ordered last summer, he told me he was only going to do a few more kits then he was done. But it takes 8 weeks, very well constructed. Cool addition!

#696 5 years ago

I joined the club yesterday. Had everything up and running well one I got it setup and played it a lot yesterday. Came in this morning and was greeted with a buzz and only gi lighting came up. I’ve found a blown fuse on the F4, 7 A fuse on the power supply. Had a new one to install and watched that one blow as well. Any tips on where to identify the issue? Any help would be appreciated.

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from C_S_S:

I joined the club yesterday. Had everything up and running well one I got it setup and played it a lot yesterday. Came in this morning and was greeted with a buzz and only gi lighting came up. I’ve found a blown fuse on the F4, 7 A fuse on the power supply. Had a new one to install and watched that one blow as well. Any tips on where to identify the issue? Any help would be appreciated.

I had a similar problem on Earthshaker and found that as soon as I heard the buzz, if I immediately turned the game off and then back on again, it would work fine. I ended up replacing the capacitor at C30 on the MPU and fixed the problem.

#698 5 years ago

Joined the club a few days ago . Wish it had the sinking building mod, but even if it were available I wouldn’t pay close to 300 bucks for that. Any other cool mods for this game?

#700 5 years ago

Is there a trick to replacing rubbers on ES? It looks like several are under ramps that will have to be removed to get to the rubber. Is that the case or am I not seeing how they are mounted? Also there is a post up between the pop bumpers next to the left side panel that got knocked out. It is located directly over the mounting hardware for the playfield hinge on the underside of the playfield and post nut (?) can't be accessed without removing the hinge bracket. The post nut also does not look like a nut but some sort of flat threaded socket. I just got ES a couple months ago and it is in decent shape, but needs a little TLC. Any suggestions regarding these two issues are appreciated.

IMG_0031 (resized).jpgIMG_0031 (resized).jpgIMG_0032 (resized).jpgIMG_0032 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 2,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.