(Topic ID: 87473)

Earthshaker Owners Club - it's all your fault!

By jibmums

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,309 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by caldwert
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_141052372 (resized).jpg
IMG20240303192519 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225143157~2 (resized).jpg
IMG20240225142438~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0793 (resized).jpeg
bracket (resized).jpg
arm (resized).png
IMG_2735 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
s11_line_voltage_transformer_primary.jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
s11_pwr_schematic.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 47.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Have not changed, fixed, or replaced anything yet.

I actually meant between when the shaker was working correctly and when it wasn't, but I'm guessing the answer is "No, it just stopped working correctly without me doing anything".
Huh, that's an odd one.
Is it possible that the tilt is set really tight, causing the shaker to stop based on activating the tilt during a game, but not mattering in test?

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I actually meant between when the shaker was working correctly and when it wasn't, but I'm guessing the answer is "No, it just stopped working correctly without me doing anything".
Huh, that's an odd one.
Is it possible that the tilt is set really tight, causing the shaker to stop based on activating the tilt during a game, but not mattering in test?</blockquote

it was working during game play then stopped. I have the tilt set loose.

#603 6 years ago

Hmmm.........
Hopefully someone smarter than me has some ideas.
Really odd that it works in test, but not during game play.

#604 6 years ago

Try a RAM clear... turn off, unplug, pull batteries, wait 2 mins, reinsert batteries, plug in, turn on, adjust settings.

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Huh, that's an odd one.
Is it possible that the tilt is set really tight, causing the shaker to stop based on activating the tilt during a game, but not mattering in test?

Maybe the brushes finally crapped out?
Pull them and inspect them. Bad ones usually are worn down or even burnt.
Steve Young sells a replacement kit - http://www.pbresource.com/motor/mp-brush.jpg

1 week later
#606 6 years ago

I swear there was a post where CPR said they were doing a re-run of plastics and backglass to coincide with the finished playfield. This is like my holy trinity - Earthshaker playfield, backglass, and plastics, though I do already have the plastics. Does anyone else feel like this is something special? I certainly do!

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I swear there was a post where CPR said they were doing a re-run of plastics and backglass to coincide with the finished playfield.

http://classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

"NOTE: To upcoming ES playfield customers, plastics will be offered with playfield-combo discount pricing, while supplies last, if bought with playfield."

Nothing on their site about backglass being made again. The previous run has photos.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo70.html

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

http://classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html
"NOTE: To upcoming ES playfield customers, plastics will be offered with playfield-combo discount pricing, while supplies last, if bought with playfield."
Nothing on their site about backglass being made again. The previous run has photos.
http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo70.html

Maybe I'm nuts, but I'm certain I read it somewhere?

#609 6 years ago
1 week later
#611 6 years ago

Has anyone installed the sinking building on their Earthshaker and if so, how did it work out and what was the difficulty?

#612 6 years ago

Try a search for topic "Sinking building" linked to Earthshaker, several threads come up.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-sinking-building-mod

#613 6 years ago

I'll jump in on this thread also. I have an Earthshaker and currently plan to rebuild it. I'm currently collecting parts and plan to get the CPR plastics and playfield when available.

#614 6 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

I'll jump in on this thread also. I have an Earthshaker and currently plan to rebuild it. I'm currently collecting parts and plan to get the CPR plastics and playfield when available.

I think Pinball Life has the inserts but I'm not 100% sure. I have a playfield with several raising and I don't want to take them out unless I have a replacement available. Starship Fantasy has new ramps, I bought the right ramp from them at TPF 2018 last Saturday.

1 week later
#615 6 years ago

Hi ... I am new to the club
Bought a very very nice ES for a horrible price (nearly the same I paied 10 years ago for a MM ... grmhhhhhh).
However ... I will install a "sinking building" soon. On eBay is a set listed but until arrival in Germany we are on 450 Dollar ... 400 EURO. I have access to
lasercut CNC and welding equipment, also 3D printer is available. I would like to make my own set.
Has anybody a *.dxf file for the main housing and a source for the motor ? I found similar motors in Germany but they are way larger.

Maybe someone can help out.

#616 6 years ago

Does anyone have the size of the instruction cards that goes in the apron? I have a custom instruction card ready to print that I will do while at work today but forgot the measurements at home. Does anyone have the measurements of the instruction cards that they can send me?

#617 6 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Does anyone have the size of the instruction cards that goes in the apron?

6"x3 1/4"

1 week later
#618 6 years ago

I have the chance to trade my No Fear for a prototype earthshaker. Wondering what the value is considered between the proto and the standard? I like earthshaker, but just wannna make sure it's a fair deal. Both of our games a full LED and in great shape.
There's also a Diner (non diamond playfeild) and Tmnt offered as trades for NF. ES seems like the best deal so far.

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisRAD:

I have the chance to trade my No Fear for a prototype earthshaker.

Do it before they sober up!!

#620 6 years ago

Looks like the CPR playfields are now shipping! Has anyone gotten the e-mail yet?

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo213.html

#621 6 years ago

Says on the CPR site that the new playfields are from the original Williams screens, rather than re-drawn art.
CPR's artists do a fantastic job, but original is even better.
Haven't seen an email yet, but can't wait!

#622 6 years ago

No email as of yet. I signed up for the PF when it was first announced in "The Pipe". Hope to hear from CPR soon!

#623 6 years ago

Got my email! Woo Hoo!
Sent in my order. Can't wait!

#624 6 years ago

Got an email yesterday. Thank you CPR!

#625 6 years ago

Mail recieved ... hopefully this time I will get an Gold as ordered ...
What i saw .. on my playfield in the machine there is right between the flipperfingers 2 circles. In original playfield they are not printed, wood to see. On the repros from the original film there is also print in the rings.

Also the two wooden points/circles under the flipper bats are missing.
Mine is not an earlie or proto.

IMGP0311 (resized).jpgIMGP0311 (resized).jpg
esplaf04 (resized).jpgesplaf04 (resized).jpg

IMGP0308 (resized).jpgIMGP0308 (resized).jpg

#626 6 years ago

It appears they didn't do flipper alignment holes as well. Ehh, I don't care. I'm just excited to see it actually happening. Looks pretty sweet!

#627 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Looks like the CPR playfields are now shipping! Has anyone gotten the e-mail yet?
http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo213.html

Got my notice. Playfields ordered. Let’s hope they are better than WW round two was.

#628 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Got my notice. Playfields ordered. Let’s hope they are better than WW round two was.

I'm just hoping they are getting their playfield wood from a different supplier than Stern is.

#629 6 years ago

Kevin emailed me Friday afternoon too. Paid in full with the plastic set as well!!

#630 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Do it before they sober up!!

Trade is happening this week! Picking up early production number 63. Sinking institute and everything fully working.

#631 6 years ago

I just added the new CPR topper to my game. It is the perfect compliment to the Whirlwind topper. I highly recommend it.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#632 6 years ago

Got my email and ordered a gold playfield. Woohoo!

Thanks CPR!

#633 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisRAD:

Trade is happening this week! Picking up early production number 63. Sinking institute and everything fully working.

Score! Does that guy by any chance have a Whitewater, No Good Gofers, or perhaps a Funhouse he'd trade me for my Rollergames?

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Got my email! Woo Hoo!
Sent in my order. Can't wait!

Got my UPS shipping confirmation.
Shows that it should be here Monday.

flounder (resized).jpgflounder (resized).jpg

#635 6 years ago

Mine will also arrive here in Germany on monday !!

#636 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I just added the new CPR topper to my game. It is the perfect compliment to the Whirlwind topper. I highly recommend it.

I already have a set of plastics from the first run. Wonder if they'd offer up just the topper?

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Hi ... I am new to the club
Bought a very very nice ES for a horrible price (nearly the same I paied 10 years ago for a MM ... grmhhhhhh).
However ... I will install a "sinking building" soon. On eBay is a set listed but until arrival in Germany we are on 450 Dollar ... 400 EURO. I have access to
lasercut CNC and welding equipment, also 3D printer is available. I would like to make my own set.
Has anybody a *.dxf file for the main housing and a source for the motor ? I found similar motors in Germany but they are way larger.
Maybe someone can help out.

No one ?!

#638 5 years ago

No one has made the housing design public, I was going to build one out of Lego, and share the process. But I have had no time

#639 5 years ago

Here's what you do with those old playfields:

20180421_132522 (resized).jpg20180421_132522 (resized).jpg

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Here's what you do with those old playfields:

What a fantastic idea! And my compliments on your craftsmanship!

#641 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a zone 5 ball gate?

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

No one has made the housing design public, I was going to build one out of Lego, and share the process. But I have had no time

Good idea .. a friend of mine made one out of wood, it looks creepy under the playfield but ... it works.
So far we started to make 3D files for the housing for CNC-cutting via laser. Ordered also some motors to test.
The friend is using a 30 dollar motor, but there are also cheaper motors on the market. Will see.
Next week I will bring in the new playfield ... thats more important right now

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hammering the inserts back in to the playfield and sanding them flat was the hardest part, I glued them back down, so I sure hope they don't raise again in the future.

Do you have a list of all the inserts Earthshaker needs?

#644 5 years ago

My playfields landed today. I have to admit they look fantastic .clearcoat looks great, I really think they might’ve stepped up on this. I have not given them a thorough look but thank you CPR

87E2F95D-06B2-4623-8AD3-EEF492ABC490 (resized).jpeg87E2F95D-06B2-4623-8AD3-EEF492ABC490 (resized).jpeg

#645 5 years ago

Just went through a huge tear down and rebuild of my newly acquired Earthshaker. New ramps, plastics, flipper rebuilds, planning on installing the sinking building mod, etc. BUT I'm missing the backglass so I'm really hoping to snag a rerun from CPR. Been checking their site daily.

20180427_091546 (resized).jpg20180427_091546 (resized).jpg

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Just went through a huge tear down and rebuild of my newly acquired Earthshaker. New ramps, plastics, flipper rebuilds, planning on installing the sinking building mod, etc. BUT I'm missing the backglass so I'm really hoping to snag a rerun from CPR. Been checking their site daily.

Looks really great Dan! Hope to come down to play it soon.

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Looks really great Dan! Hope to come down to play it soon.

Thank you! I pulled the cloudy mylar off and gave it a good waxing. Plays like brand new.

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Thank you! I pulled the cloudy mylar off and gave it a good waxing. Plays like brand new.

Congratulation for removing the mylar without killing the print on the inserts !
This happens very very often ... I also removed my mylar, the print was on the inserts still okay but the black windows around the inserts lost a little color ... after finishing removal ... CPR wrote that the playfields are ready to shio .... OK ... so now I am changing the playfield and will hopefully , be ready middle of the week ...

#649 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Congratulation for removing the mylar without killing the print on the inserts !

I lost a tiny bit of the key lines but nothing major. Ministry of pinball makes the laminated insert decals. If it ever does bother me, I may just go that route. But overall, much happier without the mylar!! Color is so vibrant!

#650 5 years ago

Waiting on my CPR email. Cannot wait. My field is pretty bad. Gonna do a full restore on this one I think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-owners-club-its-all-your-fault/page/13?hl=kechlesurf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.