Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

broken_ramp.JPG
scoo[.JPG
slingshots.JPG
IMG_0259.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ruairidh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

So it has come time to pull apart my Earthshaker and give it an overhaul/fine tuning. It needs a few things done, but overall it's in good shape. Mechanically, the game is 100% operational, aside from the shaker motor going out the other night. It needs to have the mylar pulled, ramps replaced, new plastics, new rubber, flipper rebuild on the lower left, and in addition to that I'm going to pick up an LED kit to finish it off.

Step one - build a roti. Almost done, I still need to pick up a couple more clamps and grab a 1x4 for cross bracing. I'm really happy with the way my roti came out, there were lots of good examples out there of what people have done and how to do it easily. I'm also going to cut a piece of plywood to size, 2 feet across to keep the unit set up as a small work station with a vice, set up in the game room as well, instead of always having to drag stuff to the garage. Eye bolts and hooks on the posts themselves will be the finishing touch for some additional tool slots, maybe even a pouch or two to hold bulky things like a DMM.

Step two - figure out how to pull mylar. I've not done that before, and luckily I have a scrap PF which has a few pieces of mylar on it that I can practice on. That's the one attached to the roti in the pic. I've been reading a lot on it, have a couple of different methods to try, but any suggestions would be appriciated...

Step three - more pics and yank the PF. That happens tomorrow, wish me luck...

IMG_0261.JPGIMG_0261.JPG IMG_0259.JPGIMG_0259.JPG

#2 12 years ago

pics? maybe? i guess they need to be resized...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ruairidh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-overhall?tu=ruairidh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.