Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Larrykaye
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

I am working on an Earthshaker machine that has an odd behavior. I am not familiar with the game play so I do not know if this is normal--I doubt it, but who knows. When the shaker motor is running, the rear ball popper cycles on and off with no ball present. I have isolated the switch so I know it is not a mechanical issue with the switch. If anyone has this game I'd appreciate knowing if this is normal.

Thanks

#2 7 months ago

This is not normal. Does it only happen when the shaker is going? Could the vibration be triggering the switch?

#3 7 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

This is not normal. Does it only happen when the shaker is going? Could the vibration be triggering the switch?

That would be my guess. Best bet is to use the test mode and see if the shaker triggers the switch then.

#4 7 months ago

If you are starting normal multiball via the fault ramp, the game would assume you have the ball in the vuk switch so it would fire it once. It should not repeatedly fire it though.

#5 7 months ago

Does the shaker make it fire in coil test?

#6 7 months ago

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Once you confirmed that this was not normal operation, I started looking for the cause. Without writing a small book on how I got there, it turned out to be the connector in the interface board for the insert GI relay. Someone had moved the wire from pin 3 to pin 2 when pin 3 went bad. Then then removed the connector's key and shifted it one position. I had removed the connector and not noticed this. I put it back in the original position. Not sure exactly why this caused the issue (and others) but I suspect it had to do with tying 25V and 50V solenoid citcuits together.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plainfield, IL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside