• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by GVONM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi,
I have a sound problem with a Williams Earthshaker. When I power on the pin, and play the first ball the music works fine. After I loose the first ball, I don't get any sounds for the bonus countdown. The second ball comes into play and the background music no longer plays. I only have some sound effects left that play. Sometimes all of a sudden, the background music starts playing again, but sometimes not. The problem seems to always start whenever the machine tries to play the bonus score countdown and multiplier effects after the first ball ends. When I power off and power on the machine and start a new game, background music is there again until I loose the first ball and the bonus score sfx should have started. I replaced sound rom U4 and U19 with new ones as I thought there was maybe something wrong with them but it's still the same. Any idea what I could do next?

#2 4 years ago

Reseat the small ribbon cable at both end of he MPU and sound boards.

Please post a picture of the MPU board.

10 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-often-loss-of-background-music-and-most-sfx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.