Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by WMSpin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I've had an Earthshaker for several months now and just realized it's a 3-ball game. When I lock ball 1, I never get an opportunity to lock ball 2. Multiball starts every time. I don't seem to have any errors or switch issues. I'm not really sure what to check.

Any clue?

MV

#2 6 years ago

Is there a setting?

#3 6 years ago

Locks are lit by completing the zones lit on the buikding. Ball one locks are lit at the shelter hole and side ramp. Once ball one is locked, no matter the shot, it ends up sitting in the subway in the lower right up kicker. Ball two is only locked on the side ramp and it stays there. A third ball should now feed to the shooter lane. Once the third ball hits a scoring switch multi ball will begin. There is also 'quick multiball' which is 2 ball which is lit in the eject/5 hole.

I would take a close look at all the ball sitting switches in test mode: all 3 trough, shooter lane, 2 subway switches on the lower end, eject hole, and top right up kicker.

#4 6 years ago

I will look at those switches tonight - I'm guessing something is always closed and not allowing the 2nd ball to be physically locked

#5 6 years ago

I just got an Earthshaker. I believe this is one of the adjustments you can set. Check the manual.
D.

#6 6 years ago

I'd run a switch test and see what's (if anything) closed. Check the ball trough switches as well. Do you see the "1 ball locked" message and/or the "2 balls locked" message after locking ball 1?

4 months later
#7 6 years ago

I just got an Earthshaker and mine is doing this too.
When I shoot the ball into the subway the game says Ball 1 Locked. Another ball appears in the shooter lane.
When I shoot it, the locked ball is placed at the right flipper.
I don't see a setting that should affect this.
Frustrating.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeffreyjonesbsme:

I just got an Earthshaker and mine is doing this too.
When I shoot the ball into the subway the game says Ball 1 Locked. Another ball appears in the shooter lane.
When I shoot it, the locked ball is placed at the right flipper.
I don't see a setting that should affect this.
Frustrating.

When does the locked ball eject? When the ball leaves the shooter lane switch, or hits the skill shot switch? Or does it seems random?

#9 6 years ago

My problem ended up being a misadjusted switch in the shelter thinking that a ball was always there. Once I adusted the switch, all was well in the world. Go into your switch test menu and check both lock swithes and the subway. Hope this helps!!

Mike V.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-not-allowing-3-ball-multiball?hl=pedleboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.