Earthshaker Multiball Issues

By PinballPro360

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My uncle has owned an Earthshaker machine for a while now. This machine is heavily played, unshopped, and border line abused. The problem is that when you shoot the right ramp to lock the first ball the machine does not send another ball into the shooter lane, but instead the machine sits there with all the lights and music off in what I like to call "stupid mode" until the lights and music finally turn back on the machine starts to look for the ball by first popping the ball lock trough then the ball is sent back into play with no lock. This leads to you never being able to have multiball. I am quite new to working on machines and know very minimal things maybe their is something real simple that I am just missing.

#2 5 years ago

The switch that detects the ball is locked is probably not working. I would check all of the switches in switch test.

#3 5 years ago

Well I performed a switch test and the results were that the only thing that was detected wrong were the three drop targets which currently don't come up. It didn't say anything else except for those three.

#4 5 years ago

You need to test them all individually - did you do that? Make sure the game registers each switch that you physically depress with a ball, not your finger.

#5 5 years ago

Apologies for my beginner ignorance. I went in and actually did a full test and it said that trough 1,2,and 3 and told me to check them or that something was wrong. Is trough 1,2,and 3 the ball lock trough and if so what do I need to do.

#6 5 years ago

Look in your manual for a chart called switch matrix. If you don't have a manual you can get one from
http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=753

The switch matrix will tell you the number of each switch. Trough are usually where the balls sit under the apron while they are not in play. If those are malfunctioning the game may not know where the balls are and that could be related to your issue. Odds are good that adjusting them will help.
Let us know and good luck!

#7 5 years ago

Thanks for all the help! I’ll try it out

#8 5 years ago

Ok, I checked the switch matrix but it didn't show where trough 1,2, or 3 were. I also took the glass off, but I am not sure what exactly to look for underneath the playfield. All three balls are in the machine so I don't know what's going on.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballPro360:

underneath the playfield

The switches would be there,Is there anyway you can make a quick video showing what your game is doing?This way it gives everyone a clear picture and more ideas.

#10 5 years ago

I can step through the tests and take some pictures tomorrow when I'm in front of my Earthshaker
For now the tests should show all three trough switches closed if you're testing prior to pressing the start button. Those switches are closed by the three balls as they sit in the trough under the apron, before they enter the shooter lane. When you take the balls out to raise the playfield the switches show open.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

The switches would be there,Is there anyway you can make a quick video showing what your game is doing?This way it gives everyone a clear picture and more ideas.

Yes I can make a video showing what is happening with the machine. I Thank Everyone for all the help and support!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I can step through the tests and take some pictures tomorrow when I'm in front of my Earthshaker
For now the tests should show all three trough switches closed if you're testing prior to pressing the start button. Those switches are closed by the three balls as they sit in the trough under the apron, before they enter the shooter lane. When you take the balls out to raise the playfield the switches show open.

Yes, thank you, I think that will be very helpful and as I stated earlier I will try and post a video tomorrow of the machine.

#13 5 years ago

Im not familiar with exact layout of es but I would check the switch where the 1st locked ball activates it may be bad,need adjusting or resoldering.I had a ww with a muliball problem and the fix was clipping of the connector and directly soldering the wire to the switch.

#14 5 years ago

From what I have studied from my Earthshaker is that it knows where the ball is inside the ball lock trough because it will say "Earthshaker!" And the display will say ball 1 locked. Then, the game sits trying to pop a new ball out into the shooter lane, but after it realizes that it can't, the ball waiting in the ball lock trough is shot out on to the play field. The machine knows where the ball is, it just can't pop a new ball out so it resorts to doing the only thing it can which is popping the ball out that is already in the game on to the play field.

#15 5 years ago

Sorry that it took so long to reply. Here is the video of the Earthshaker attempting to lock a ball.

#16 5 years ago

Good video. Ball is locked. Looks like the under the subway switch that detects that the ball made it all the way down is what’s not working. Make sure you test it.

#17 5 years ago

Check trough switches. Mine has this problem

#18 5 years ago

Ok Thanks! I’ll be sure to try this out!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-multiball-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.